Penalties

LTH

Reaction score
I hope Carroll is shoring up the penelties...its gonna be a long day if they are looking at 3rd and 13 instead of 3rd and 3... The hawks being one of the most penalized teams in the NFL that is going to be a huge factor in this game... So far the Hawks have been able to over come the penalties but in a big game like this, especially early, thats the kind of thing that ruins the flow of a game and takes a team out of rhythm.... I for one am looking forward to a SB that is well officiated... history says NO...

3rd down conversion is huge... The pats are very good at this...

3rd down conversion
penalties
turnovers
time of possession
field position

all huge factors for the Hawks to win Thats why Im such a proponate for pounding the beast early... The Hawks are going top come out amped I dont want to see there greatest strength become their greatest weakness...

Any thoughts on the subject... anyone have any stats?

LTH

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I think I'll be surprised if we don't see at least one Bennett off-sides penalty, one O-line holding penalty, and one false start penalty.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I know we're #1 in the league in false starts, and towards the top in offsides..........two of the penalties that drive me bats#@! crazy.

For some reason the Hawks seem to play more efficiently on the road, so I'm hoping that continues to be the case.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I really do not think it is a good idea to hold our breaths hoping for some big eye popping changes for the last game of the year like sudden cut down in penalties or discovering that amazing kick returner/blocking. We are who we thought we were/are...whatever. I hope to see some of these deficiencies addressed in the off season but we just gotta play our game same as always this Sunday. We have been dealing with them and overcoming them all season so it is what it is.

I do agree, these things drive me nuts too.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":krooypiu said:
I think I'll be surprised if we don't see at least one Bennett off-sides penalty, one O-line holding penalty, and one false start penalty.

...and it'll probably come in that order.

chet380

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1wvaym3v said:

plus two questionable PI calls.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":390aqo4g said:
I really do not think it is a good idea to hold our breaths hoping for some big eye popping changes for the last game of the year like sudden cut down in penalties or discovering that amazing kick returner/blocking. We are who we thought we were/are...whatever. I hope to see some of these deficiencies addressed in the off season but we just gotta play our game same as always this Sunday. We have been dealing with them and overcoming them all season so it is what it is.

I do agree, these things drive me nuts too.

As I see a certain logic to what you are saying, Its my opinion that If the Hawks get into a situation to where their drives are being stalled because of penalties or they are looking at 3rd and 13 instead of 3rd and 3, against a caliber of team as NE it very well could mean a loss, especially if its early and that type of play sets the tone of the game...What happened against GB was a miracle win and Im not saying the same cant happen against NE, but IMO it would be foolish not to address those issues...

NE will take advantage off of those mistakes and that's something you can take to the bank IMO...

just my take,

LTH