Marshawn Lynch Contract Extension?

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Just got an NFL notification on my phone that read "Seahawks Offer Marshawn Lynch Huge Contract Extension". When I tried to read the article I got an error and I can't find anything else online. Did someone make a flub or try to announce something too soon? Anyone hear anything?

TAB420

Reaction score
keatonisballin":2tt8fa3z said:
Just got an NFL notification on my phone that read "Seahawks Offer Marshawn Lynch Huge Contract Extension". When I tried to read the article I got an error and I can't find anything else online. Did someone make a flub or try to announce something too soon? Anyone hear anything?

My son just ran in my room, and told me the same thing. Can't find anything online.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Saw a screen cap of a Rappaport headline on Twitter, but can't find anything else. Hope it's true, but HUGE extension is going to make the Wilson re-signing interesting...

duckypoo

Reaction score
Only thing I can find, and it's a link getting passed around a lot on Twitter is an SBNation article from 1/18/15. Two weeks old almost. Not sure why it's resurfacing but it is...

Mick063

Reaction score
Fans have been clamoring for it.

I have seen no quit in the beast this season. In fact, I would say that he is toting the rock, right now, better than he ever has. Weird, but I swear he is faster now than when he first arrived. Dude is tough as nails and the coaching staff allows him latitude to take care of his body in his own way. Even if beast hits a wall in the next couple of seasons, he has a lot of decline to go before he is average. I don't know if he lets it go that far. He will know when it is time to hang it up.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I saw the same notification, but it's gone now. Maybe a leak that shouldn't have come out yet?

Greenhell

Reaction score
Got the same alert from nfl but when I clicked on the link, nothing showed up.

TAB420

Reaction score
Greenhell":1prci23u said:
Got the same alert from nfl but when I clicked on the link, nothing showed up.

I heard the entire story was deflated by the Patriots.

pehawk

Reaction score
Timing would make sense, kind of. Seems like this regime likes to motivate via dollars.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
pehawk":2e4txd59 said:
Timing would make sense, kind of. Seems like this regime likes to motivate via dollars.

I was thinking the timing would make sense, but more as an act of trust and commitment, as if to say we want you no matter what happens tomorrow.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
If the Hawks can get Wilson, Lynch, and Byron Maxwell signed to new contracts that makes everyone happy, they'll be primed for a Threepeat after they crush the Patriots tomorrow.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":21en1fom said:
If the Hawks can get Wilson, Lynch, and Byron Maxwell signed to new contracts that makes everyone happy, they'll be primed for a Threepeat after they crush the Patriots tomorrow.

lets not forget Wagner.

50BMG

Reaction score
"This just in... Hawks make Superstar Lynch offer he likely won't be able to refuse, 3 year deal worth 3 million and 22 one pound bags of Skittles".... yep, sounds like they will have him locked up long term for sure!

Rob12

Reaction score
Wilson, Wagner, Lynch, Irvin...

I know we're in pretty good shape cap wise, but one of the above names (including Byron Maxwell) have to be the odd man out. I don't pretend to know our cap situation all that well, but it just really seems that there's not enough dollars to go around.

Rob12

Reaction score
In order of importance:

1) Wilson
2) Wagner
2b) Lynch
4) Irvin

I don't include Max because I think the dude will get No. 1 corner money thrown his way, and he's already expressed his excitement about testing FA. I just think he's played himself out of a contract here.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Mick063":2kw7k2tf said:
Fans have been clamoring for it.

I have seen no quit in the beast this season. In fact, I would say that he is toting the rock, right now, better than he ever has. Weird, but I swear he is faster now than when he first arrived. Dude is tough as nails and the coaching staff allows him latitude to take care of his body in his own way. Even if beast hits a wall in the next couple of seasons, he has a lot of decline to go before he is average. I don't know if he lets it go that far. He will know when it is time to hang it up.

I saw a video on his training regimen, and it's insane. I love that the Hawks don't give him crap about missing OTA's to work out on his own.

I don't know if he's faster now that when he arrived, I'd doubt it, but he's definitely looking faster than last year. I hope his body can hold up. If we can get him to play next year, I'd hope we start using Turbo and Michael just a bit more to start saving him for the playoffs and extend his career. Hell, I'd love to see him retire a Hawk when he's done and can't go anymore.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
It's back...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/561835960996864000[/tweet]

Distraction from deflategate? Kind of hard to believe we'd offer him an extension at this point of the season :snack: