Tom Brady = Peyton Manning?

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Tom Brady a lot like Peyton Manning? That is, short quick passes and virtually unable to run outside the pocket?

In fact, aren't nearly all the strengths/weaknesses of the Patriots very much like the Broncos? Sure seems that way from articles I've been reading all week.

Thanks.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Exactly. And that's why the key to the game is going to be TACKLING.
Brady will throw a lot and those NE receivers will catch the ball. NO DOUBT.
But, we have to tackle them and limit the yards after catch as well as instill fear in their heads. Their receivers are "smallish" (Edelman, Amendola). LaFell has average speed and bad hands. They cannot create separation via speed.
If we tackle well, I have no doubt, we win this game in a blowout.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
I was thinking basically the same thing earlier..."How exactly are the Patriots different from the Broncos?". I don't consider myself to be a football expert, but I'm thinking:

Blount>Knowshon
Broncos receivers>Patriots receivers, except...
Gronk>Julius Thomas
Pats secondary>Broncos secondary
Brady~Peyton

sutz

Reaction score
You forgot.....OLD.

Well, I'm an old fart, but they are both about 65 in football years.

;)

Wartooth

Reaction score
Shady is old, and wears a knee brace...
To quote Clubber Lang...
'Dead Meat'.

AirStrike

Reaction score
He's choked in big games more than Peyton has the last decade, that's for the sure. At least Manning has won something in recent memory.

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
AirStrike":3ijz5lut said:
He's choked in big games more than Peyton has the last decade, that's for the sure. At least Manning has won something in recent memory.

When has brady ever choked?

NINEster

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":23qtpjou said:
AirStrike":23qtpjou said:

Exactly.

Brady >>>> Manning in this category.

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
I've said this many times but nobody seems to believe me. There are multiple types of offenses that center around short passes. The Broncos and patriots ones are basically at opposite ends of the spectrum in many ways. The patriots play much more uptempo than the Broncos. Many ppl think this isn't true because the Broncos don't huddle but peyton basically has his huddle at the Los. While peyton may make a hot read he is still sending the reciever where he wants him. The patriots offense relies on the receivers and brady making the same reads post snap.

If you want to think short passing game is the same be my guest but I'm just letting you know the offense is completely different.

Also another misconception is brady has no arm strength. This is simply not true. His accuracy on the deep ball has gone away. I would say most likely because he's only had one deep threat his whole career and his deep ball accuracy wasn't great before he got there. Peyton arm strength is dismal. The extra second those balls hang on crossers combined with the speed and reaction time of seattle puts them at a huge disadvantage

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't think Brady has choked a lot, I think he has had to work with patchwork defense and offense many times and those players can't or are not skilled enough to rise to the occasion, the creative aspect of Belichick can bite them at times as well trying to get cute or go with limited talent in some areas.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":2g4co4pf said:
AirStrike":2g4co4pf said:

Last year versus the Broncos?

The year before that against the Ravens?

That first Super Bowl against the Giants?

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2r9sqzdr said:
Strongarm2399":2r9sqzdr said:
AirStrike":2r9sqzdr said:

Not sure that you understand what a choke is

The fact that they even played the Broncos was a joke. That teams was so depleted on both sides of the ball we had our special teams guy running go routes.

If you consider scoring a td to give ur team the lead with 2 minutes left and the defense allowing the other team to score and give u 25 second to come back then ya I guess he choked. Smh

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":30te3yzf said:
bmorepunk":30te3yzf said:
Strongarm2399":30te3yzf said:
AirStrike":30te3yzf said:

The fact that they even played the Broncos was a joke. That teams was so depleted on both sides of the ball we had our special teams guy running go routes.

If you consider scoring a td to give ur team the lead with 2 minutes left and the defense allowing the other team to score and give u 25 second to come back then ya I guess he choked. Smh

It's odd, though. It seems like Manning is always a "choker" even when he wouldn't be by the standard you're proposing. Many would say he "choked" in the Ravens playoff game two years ago when clearly it was Rahim Moore's fault that they lost the game right after Manning drove down and put them ahead.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":p9u6z410 said:
bmorepunk":p9u6z410 said:
Strongarm2399":p9u6z410 said:
AirStrike":p9u6z410 said:

Cool stories bro, :sarcasm_off: save it for the patsies forums, no one here cares for your propaganda.

camdawg

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":1f0a6xmh said:

In those two Super Bowl losses, Tom scored 14 and 17 points. That definitely wasn't all his fault. He got pressured, and there was an untimely drop or two.

But even if you disagree with the "choker" label, can you understand people who say that Tom wasn't nearly good enough in those two games? He certainly had something to do with the Pats not scoring 20 in either game.

sutz

Reaction score
Whatever on the 'choking' issue. Apparently, it depends on who's talking about it.

I do believe that the Seahawks have a far better team playing around Russ Wilson than the Patsies have around Brady.

Seattle doesn't need Russ to play like a Hall of Famer to win. He's capable of it, but they probably don't need it.

I don't see the Patriots winning unless Brady plays the best game of his life. At 38 I doubt he can do that against the best defense in the last 10-20 years.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Brady didn't choke in those games any more than Wilson choked in the Atlanta playoff game. When you score, and then your defense lets you down, it's them choking rather than the quarterback.

Scoring less than 20 points, however, is subject to discussion as the product of an offense that just couldn't score enough points to get it done. It's different than choking, but it still didn't get the job done.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Peyton and his Broncos scored 606 points last year - the most in NFL history. Brady and his Patriots, though they had a great year with about 460+ points. It is without question the Bronco's had a much better offense the Patriots, last year, and we know how that turned out.

chris98251

Reaction score
Glad you got that off your chest, now I can get you off ours, Good Bye.