Seahawks to Hire Univ. of Miami WR Coach

kidhawk

Reaction score
According to Ian Rapoport, the Seahawks are hiring Brennan Carroll (another of Pete's son) who is currently the University of Miami WR Coach. According to Brennan Carroll's twitter account (https://twitter.com/brennanpcarroll) which I assume is real since Pete's official account follows it, Brennan is also the national recruiting coordinator.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/564840778673836032[/tweet]

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Obviously means we are drafting Phillip Dorsett :stirthepot:

Hyak

Reaction score
The value of him coming aboard is the knowledge of a couple of prospects in need areas - Dorsett and TE Clive Walford.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Oh we would all just be over the moon for another 5'10 WR! I can see the reactions now!

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3ce6jjge said:

I thought that immediately

CodeWarrior":3ce6jjge said:
Oh we would all just be over the moon for another 5'10 WR! I can see the reactions now!

Honestly, I think he could be our #1 overall. Much in the same way Richardson was last year.

Sometimes, you have to take the impact players as they are. What I like most about Dorsett, is his ability to get clean separation with footwork and speed. Honestly, I'm thinking that those kinds of receivers are the kinds that Wilson is more comfortable with. Not throwing the ball up and letting a WR fight for it. Wilson has consistently chosen to throw to the open guy. I'm not sure getting a big target who will look like he's covered will result in Wilson throwing it up and letting his guy make a play.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Hmm I think he actually did a decent job coaching our tight ends at USC. Can't speak to his ability as a WR coach. Might not be bad to bring him in for his familiarity with guys in the draft.

TAB420

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3kvp9mga said:
Hawkfan77":3kvp9mga said:

CodeWarrior":3kvp9mga said:

Honestly, I think he could be our #1 overall. Much in the same way Richardson was last year.

Sometimes, you have to take the impact players as they are. What I like most about Dorsett, is his ability to get clean separation with footwork and speed. Honestly, I'm thinking that those kinds of receivers are the kinds that Wilson is more comfortable with. Not throwing the ball up and letting a WR fight for it. Wilson has consistently chosen to throw to the open guy. I'm not sure getting a big target who will look like he's covered will result in Wilson throwing it up and letting his guy make a play.

I could get on board with Clive Walford.. 6'4, 260lb TE....Oh yeah.

jlaff35

Reaction score
I want Dorsett to be a Hawk in a big way! We need a player with a very elite trait, whether it's size/speed, or just blazing speed. Something to make defenses scared. Someone that can run by Darrelle Revis

rideaducati

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":383e6npk said:
Hawkfan77":383e6npk said:

CodeWarrior":383e6npk said:

Russell looked quite comfortable throwing the ball up for grabs to Matthews.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I think one huge part of him coming on board is also his national recruiting ability. He adds another mind to the draft room and gives another perspective on the guys Miami was recruiting, nothing wrong with the hire in my mind, plus he comes from a pretty decent football tree...

Ozzy

Reaction score
I like Devin Smith more than Dorsett but I don't know where either will go in the draft so maybe Dorsett is the better option for Seattle. we need a couple of difference makers on offense and I am intrigued by his speed and ability in space.

I like the hire. Good for him and I wish him well.

McGruff

Reaction score
JTB":21qwmrgb said:
The value of him coming aboard is the knowledge of a couple of prospects in need areas - Dorsett and TE Clive Walford.

Dorsette is intriguing, and fits our current profile, no matter how much we fans clamor for a big WR . . . spped rules in Pete's book.

Walford is a great blocker. Really like what I see there, but he's not a guy who will stretch a defense in any way, shape or form. He's strictly an underneath guy.

McGruff

Reaction score
rideaducati":mldnh040 said:
Attyla the Hawk":mldnh040 said:
Hawkfan77":mldnh040 said:

CodeWarrior":mldnh040 said:

Russell looked quite comfortable throwing the ball up for grabs to Matthews.

As he did often with Rice as well. And he does it with Kearse.

motivated87

Reaction score
So does he replace Kippy brown? current seahawks wr coach? Or is coming on as a consultant sort of?

SuperFreak

Reaction score
It can be hard for other employees to work with family's, not sure I'm that wild about this but if anyone can do it right it's Pete Carroll.