Garrett Scott Waived

Scottemojo

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2qvehkoo said:
Who wants to buy my Garrett Scott jersey at a 50% discount?
I can sell you a Great Scott!. Fairly close.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Poor guy. I'm glad he even got to hang on the roster a couple years given his heart.

sc85sis

Reaction score
We paid him last year even though we knew he likely would never be able to play. That's more than most teams would have done.

two dog

Reaction score
Scott was actually a pretty "sparqy" athlete that fit Seattle's profile well. Long guy with
good movement skills and pretty good size. It's just a real bad break for him.

Hawks46

Reaction score
sc85sis":dofh2igh said:
We paid him last year even though we knew he likely would never be able to play. That's more than most teams would have done.

Agreed.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Nice to see they are actually starting to cut bait on some of these guys that can never even make the field. Hope he has better luck in all his future endeavors though.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2n0j5fwo said:
Nice to see they are actually starting to cut bait on some of these guys that can never even make the field. Hope he has better luck in all his future endeavors though.

Seriously? Once his heart condition was discovered, he had almost zero impact on the Hawks one way or another. Didn't take up a roster spot. Keeping him on the NFI list only cost an additional $106,000 against the cap. (He made $298k but cutting him still would have cost $101.6k in dead money).

I do think it is time. He doesn't take up a roster spot, but his cap hit this year is $535k and it doesn't appear that he will ever play again.

I agree it's time, but it's not like the guy was a huge drag on us.

-bsd RPA

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bigskydoc":cf3jywrf said:
MizzouHawkGal":cf3jywrf said:

Seriously? Once his heart condition was discovered, he had almost zero impact on the Hawks one way or another. Didn't take up a roster spot. Keeping him on the NFI list only cost an additional $106,000 against the cap. (He made $298k but cutting him still would have cost $101.6k in dead money).

I do think it is time. He doesn't take up a roster spot, but his cap hit this year is $535k and it doesn't appear that he will ever play again.

I agree it's time, but it's not like the guy was a huge drag on us.

-bsd RPA
That wasn't directed at him in particular because in reality they didn't even have to pay him what they did. It was more a general observation that they seem to be cleaning house. Of which I support completely.

Latest posts