Baldwin "tough pill to swallow"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Time to dump this knucklehead. Tweeting that after the trade is messed up. He then tried to backtrack and pretend it was about Max. Baldwin is a diva, but he isn't good.....thats a problem.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
It probably was simply about his reaction to seeing Max go.

That is one problem with Twitter - people tweet the very first thing that comes into their mind. Besides that, a 140 character limitation doesn't allow for much context or elaboration.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I've been quick to criticize Baldwin in the past but I don't see how this is a big deal. He obviously had a friendship with Unger and later welcomed Graham on board. I'm failing to see what the big deal is here.

ManBunts

Reaction score
He's Doug. He's the opinionated guy in the band. And he IS good. Maybe not Megatron good, but still pretty good. Best we have right now. His deficiencies lie more with our passing game in general, not with him.

And would you expect the guys to be okay with the trade? Our much loved Unger for Graham, a guy not a year ago we were calling soft and trash talking? It's all emotions. They'll get over it

volsunghawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":1yf617bd said:
I've been quick to criticize Baldwin in the past but I don't see how this is a big deal. He obviously had a friendship with Unger and later welcomed Graham on board. I'm failing to see what the big deal is here.

You're not seeing it through a T-Sizzle filter.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
I think it is becoming clear that keeping Baldwin on this team is a risk. He is a very smart man, but does not seem to grasp that this is a business... a business for winning.

If Doug has such a problem with the business of football, I would like to invite him to join me in the business of banking and markets. If he thinks football is cutthroat, he should try global markets. Peanuts in compensation to that of minimum NFL salaries, regulated risk that may cause jail time, and if your approach is uncovered your best friend will short you out of the game in less than a day.

Grow up Doug. Your childish approach to the business of football is now officially "tired".

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3dh9beeb said:
Time to dump this knucklehead. Tweeting that after the trade is messed up. He then tried to backtrack and pretend it was about Max. Baldwin is a diva, but he isn't good.....thats a problem.
He is mad because his buddy got traded, that is all.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Did you read the entire tweet? How can you say Graham had anything to do with that particular tweet?

"This one is a hard pill to swallow. A great player, a great teammate and a great man. Thank you @maxunger60 for everything!"

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
nbk35zw":2uar86q6 said:
I think it is becoming clear that keeping Baldwin on this team is a risk. He is a very smart man, but does not seem to grasp that this is a business... a business for winning.

If Doug has such a problem with the business of football, I would like to invite him to join me in the business of banking and markets. If he thinks football is cutthroat, he should try global markets. Peanuts in compensation to that of minimum NFL salaries, regulated risk that may cause jail time, and if your approach is uncovered your best friend will short you out of the game in less than a day.

Grow up Doug. Your childish approach to the business of football is now officially "tired".
Not sure that comparing the NFL to banking is a real good comp.........

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
bigtrain21":cto1nmqh said:
Did you read the entire tweet? How can you say Graham had anything to do with that particular tweet?

"This one is a hard pill to swallow. A great player, a great teammate and a great man. Thank you @maxunger60 for everything!"

Unger was was a leader, obviously is not easy to just to lose someone like that.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DougBaldwinJr/status/575397758225416193[/tweet]

And then his tweet right after....

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DougBaldwinJr/status/575401439637323776[/tweet]

Can't tell if OP is srs though :x

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Lol at this thread.

Really grasping for straws here T-Sizzle. Way to go

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3r8i3vzg said:
nbk35zw":3r8i3vzg said:

Ok. I'll bite. What is a fair comp to the cut throat nature of football business? Is it teaching? Is it science? Is it geology? Is it politics (I think maybe yes)? is it civil service? Is it Insurance? Is it baseball?

My point is that Doug Baldwin bitches about football business as if it is unique to football. It is not unique. In 2008, traders in large investment firms were given an option: 1) Sell off worthless products for a good fee to known clients (claiming free markets) knowing full well you will never trade again. 2) Leave the company immediately, with no cash settlement, knowing you will never trade again.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
nbk35zw":1dg6vqco said:
Sports Hernia":1dg6vqco said:
nbk35zw":1dg6vqco said:

Ok. I'll bite. What is a fair comp to the cut throat nature of football business? Is it teaching? Is it science? Is it geology? Is it politics (I think maybe yes)? is it civil service? Is it Insurance? Is it baseball?

My point is that Doug Baldwin bitches about football business as if it is unique to football. It is not unique. In 2008, traders in large investment firms were given an option: 1) Sell off worthless products for a good fee to known clients (claiming free markets) knowing full well you will never trade again. 2) Leave the company immediately, with no cash settlement, knowing you will never trade again.

:34853_doh:

FFS - Max Unger has been on this team since Baldwin first arrived.. Maybe, just maybe, that tweet was in reference to being upset at seeing a friend go.

Drew Brees was equally upset to see Graham leave. Guess that guy is a diva. The Saints better cut him!

This is a dumb thread.

crosfam

Reaction score
You don't want to overreact to anything and blow up he team. while we are so good. Baldwin is a leader and will probably be on the team for 2-3 more years before he cashes out and is overpaid like Maxwell. He will then light us up on twitter and in the press as under-appreciated. And ten years from now he will be in our ring of honor and all will be good. I just hope he has at least two Seattle SB rings when that day comes.

WendellWent

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3bx4x3wn said:
nbk35zw":3bx4x3wn said:
Sports Hernia":3bx4x3wn said:
nbk35zw":3bx4x3wn said:

:34853_doh:

FFS - Max Unger has been on this team since Baldwin first arrived.. Maybe, just maybe, that tweet was in reference to being upset at seeing a friend go.

Drew Brees was equally upset to see Graham leave. Guess that guy is a diva. The Saints better cut him!

This is a dumb thread.

Well...Drew Brees absolutely is a diva.

Status
Not open for further replies.