Jimmy Graham invites disappointed fan to Seattle for Seahawk

Jville

Reaction score
Jimmy Graham invites disappointed fan to Seattle for Seahawks first game

Link for those who have not seen this, because it deserves it's own post >>>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/3/17/8237689/jimmy-graham-invites-disappointed-fan-to-seattle-for-seahawks-first[/urltargetblank]

Hyak

Reaction score
Is it just me or does that kid seem like she's being coached by the mom about all of this? The mom seemed way more into it than the kid did.

Pick6

Reaction score
JTB":6a967ox7 said:
Is it just me or does that kid seem like she's being coached by the mom about all of this? The mom seemed way more into it than the kid did.

I just think the kid is shy. There is no financial gain for the mother besides few minutes of fame.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
No not at all, more like being in a tv station getting interviewed. She knows what's going on but probably nervous at the same time at a new environment/place. Plus it's a phone conversation, imagine her actually seeing Jimmy in person, I bet she would react differently. My daughter is the same way when it comes to strange environments or meeting new people, she shy up real quick.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
She is a 7 year old child overwhelmed by unprecedented media experience.

Jiggy

Reaction score
JTB":35qh1eie said:

Its just you.

Hyak

Reaction score
Maybe but I also thought she looked coached in the initial video too. Maybe it's just me.

As for no financial game, these folks are getting a free trip, game tickets, and a meet and greet so it's not like there's no incentive for the family.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Im as cynical as they come and these things really bother me.

Use a young child's emotions to get 15 seconds of fame and free stuff.

To me it's sickening but ill probably be slammed for that haha.

Hyak

Reaction score
I agree that parents videotaping their kids receiving bad news to get a viral youtube video is pretty low. But that's the world we live in where everything is shared.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Did you guys watch the clip just posted? Seems to me the mother video tapes all important things in her life for her husband who is overseas in the military.

No one can expect something to go viral, if it were that easy to do then there would be no need for advertising companies to pay the money they do for advertisements, they could get it for free.

If you ask me I think it's great, the little girl was truly heartbroken and you can tell the mother is genuinely happy for her daughter to get to meet her idol JG. Don't know how you can look at this in anyway negatively.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
If someone had been filming me when Russell got picked off at the one yard line then that video would have no doubt over millions of views hhahaa.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
BigMeach":32py4rki said:
Did you guys watch the clip just posted? Seems to me the mother video tapes all important things in her life for her husband who is overseas in the military.

No one can expect something to go viral, if it were that easy to do then there would be no need for advertising companies to pay the money they do for advertisements, they could get it for free.

If you ask me I think it's great, the little girl was truly heartbroken and you can tell the mother is genuinely happy for her daughter to get to meet her idol JG. Don't know how you can look at this in anyway negatively.

Do you hate the troops as much as you hate kids, Ziggyy, JTB, SnoCo?!? :stirthepot: :salute:

kearly

Reaction score
Best part of that video is watching the little girl (who cried her eyes out on video) trying so hard to look cool when Graham was present, which just makes her crush that much more obvious and adorable. The mom was getting way too emotional, I suspect she's been going through some tough times lately and needed a positive moment in her life pretty badly.

Very cool by Graham. He seemed to be genuinely touched by the video.

Largent80

Reaction score
The people appalled by this must not have kids, because she is being what she is..A KID!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Jimmy is awesome for doing this, I love this.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
If he didn't do it on twitter, then I don't care!

On a sidenote, why is recording your child crying and posting it online acceptable? What a horrible parent

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
I'm not sure I would've taken this approach, from a parental perspective. Parents share way too much about their kids online, in my opinion. I guess I'm a least glad she didn't film this conversation with her daughter while she was sitting on the toilet or in the middle of Dr. appointment. The moments that some moms and dads share with the world... I'll never understand it.

12thbrah

Reaction score
I think its hilarious when kids get so emotional and upset about the most insignificant things. Kimmel has a whole segment every halloween where he asks parents to tell their kids that they ate all their halloween candy and record their reaction.

She got a free trip to Seattle out of it good for her. If her dad is really in the military the Hawks should do what they can to get him out there as well.

Largent80

Reaction score
Her dad is overseas, The mom is basically raising her alone. What she did here is therapeutic for all involved.

I applaud her for these efforts. Although I didn't have kids while serving in Vietnam, many of my fellow soldiers did, and being able to get these updates has to be huge for the father.