Individual Ticket Prices?

GLio14

Reaction score
Greetings fellow Hawks fans!

Not sure if this is the right place to put this topic so I thought I might as well put it here. I'm from New York and I'm going to be heading to Seattle for a Hawks game this upcoming season and I was just wondering how much tickets usually go for at CenturyLink? I don't want to be right at the front or all the way in the upper deck, something like in the middle of the stadium. Thanks in advance everyone! :th2thumbs:

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Put your credit card in between your hands and start rubbing it in a circular motion.
Gotta warm that thing up.

Medium seat against a top team, $300+ per.
Medium seat against bad team, $200 or less per.

Stretching helps with the pain....

Oh wait, you're from NY. Those are decent prices for a Jets game!

original poster

Reaction score
This is interesting to know for when I head to Seattle for a game, how much would a front row at the 50 yard line set you back? $5/600?

BocciHawk

Reaction score
original poster":24pcxhh6 said:
This is interesting to know for when I head to Seattle for a game, how much would a front row at the 50 yard line set you back? $5/600?

More than that but you don't want those seats -- front row at the 50 can't see the far side of the field, there's not enough elevation. IMHO you want to be at least five rows from the field, ideally 10. (I'm fifteen rows up.)

HansGruber

Reaction score
200 level around the 20yd line is about $500/ticket. Lower 300s between the 30s is about $400. 50yd line 100s is about $700.

Your best bet is the 300s outside of the 20s, or in the Hawks Nest. You can generally find tickets in those areas in the $200 range, and the views are still good.

Avoid the upper 300s around the center of the field, only bad views in the place and more expensive than the Hawks Nest.

Hunting on Craigslist way in advance or for weeks at a time, you might find those ticket prices about 10-15% lower.

Marquee opponents and playoff games are about 20-25% higher.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Oooh wait, other bad place is anywhere in the lower 100 level outside of the 30s. Can't see a dang thing. That's why they're cheap. Your better off with the diehards in the Hawks Nest, or up in the corners of the 300s, middle rows which have great views and still affordable

mikeak

Reaction score
HansGruber":3jdp9kcv said:
200 level around the 20yd line is about $500/ticket. Lower 300s between the 30s is about $400. 50yd line 100s is about $700.

Your best bet is the 300s outside of the 20s, or in the Hawks Nest. You can generally find tickets in those areas in the $200 range, and the views are still good.

Avoid the upper 300s around the center of the field, only bad views in the place and more expensive than the Hawks Nest.

Hunting on Craigslist way in advance or for weeks at a time, you might find those ticket prices about 10-15% lower.

Real curious on this comment. Why are Hawks nest better from a viewing angle than high up center 300??

Is it the angle of the Hawks nest that makes them closer?

Not disagreeing (I don't know) just interesting view point.

A

Anonymous

mikeak":s5pv9jee said:
HansGruber":s5pv9jee said:

Real curious on this comment. Why are Hawks nest better from a viewing angle than high up center 300??

No pun intended...

:mrgreen:

AgentDib

Reaction score
When I'm getting tickets for other people I am motivated by value. I usually end up getting seats about 15 rows up in the 300 level around the 30 yard mark. East side is usually a bit cheaper than West side and for an average opponent they run about $200/per.

HansGruber

Reaction score
mikeak":tbb3yxwv said:
HansGruber":tbb3yxwv said:

The Hawks Nest is closer to the field and a view from the end zone, which is actually better than it sounds. You can see the action both directions and you're fairly close.

The nosebleeds in midfield have the best perspective but are too far away to clearly see the action. It's like watching ants. Further, the stairs get really steep toward the top so it feels even further away and it's really uncomfortable.

HansGruber

Reaction score
AgentDib":1nxcj0so said:
When I'm getting tickets for other people I am motivated by value. I usually end up getting seats about 15 rows up in the 300 level around the 30 yard mark. East side is usually a bit cheaper than West side and for an average opponent they run about $200/per.
I haven't seen prices that good over the last two seasons. Probably won't again as long as Russell Wilson plays.

Bought tickets for my employees for the last home game last season, they were in row BB, on the 20, visitor side, $280 each and that was a bargain at the time.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Between the 35 or 40's gives the best view. 300 level in that area runs 250-500 depending on the game. The only seats I wouldn't recommend would be double letters and corner of the stadium.
So single letter in that area :th2thumbs:

mikeak

Reaction score
HansGruber":3tf9uq12 said:
The Hawks Nest is closer to the field and a view from the end zone, which is actually better than it sounds. You can see the action both directions and you're fairly close.

The nosebleeds in midfield have the best perspective but are too far away to clearly see the action. It's like watching ants. Further, the stairs get really steep toward the top so it feels even further away and it's really uncomfortable.

Thanks

I thought that might be the case. I have never sat in the Center 300 level sections high-up nor in the hawks nest. I walked through it all when they finished the stadium and had 1-2 days where it was all open and you could walk around which was neat. Always remember the steepness of the hawks nest and thought a lot of drunk people would end up falling ......

mikeak

Reaction score
HansGruber":2kl9hgnu said:
AgentDib":2kl9hgnu said:
I haven't seen prices that good over the last two seasons. Probably won't again as long as Russell Wilson plays.

Bought tickets for my employees for the last home game last season, they were in row BB, on the 20, visitor side, $280 each and that was a bargain at the time.

That last home game mattered. Middle of the season is cheaper.

Cleveland will be the cheapest home game this year - all others have a big potential. Panthers, Pittsburgh and Detroit - all playoff teams.......

The other way is how you buy your tickets. People on stubhub spend something like 30% to stubhub so you can find better prices on craigslist and then just paypal the money and get electronic ticket within 1 day and you are safe and often get to keep the fees that 3rd party companies take out

BocciHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":2bbvt7xb said:
HansGruber":2bbvt7xb said:
AgentDib":2bbvt7xb said:

That last home game mattered. Middle of the season is cheaper.

Cleveland will be the cheapest home game this year - all others have a big potential. Panthers, Pittsburgh and Detroit - all playoff teams.......

The other way is how you buy your tickets. People on stubhub spend something like 30% to stubhub so you can find better prices on craigslist and then just paypal the money and get electronic ticket within 1 day and you are safe and often get to keep the fees that 3rd party companies take out

Bingo. I have never listed tickets here because of the face value only policy but I end up selling almost all of my extra tickets to Seahawks fans coordinating via email -- we look at what StubHub would charge them, and I remove all the fees and everything from my end, so they pay me exactly what I'd get if going through StubHub and I am sending tickets electronically through the team so impossible to counterfeit. Of course everyone has to trust everyone but it does save 30% basically.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ I do what you do with one exception. I trust nobody and expect zero trust. We add the 3% PayPal fee back in, transfer money via paypal within 90 days and note it as a seller transaction. Then there is some protection for the buyer.

HansGruber

Reaction score
That has not been my experience (stubhub vs craigslist) over the last few seasons, especially as last season progressed.

I buy "secondary market" tickets for every home game and give them to exceptional employees, vendors, patients, and colleagues (great networking tool).

My experience over the last two seasons has been seeing stupid ludicrous prices on craigslist. People asking $400 for nosebleeds in the corners.

Stubhub sucks anyway, you can get lower fees and better prices from razor.

I've found the best prices by waiting until a day or two before the game and letting the prices on razor drop by 20-30%. Craigslist will still be full of laughably overpriced garbage tickets while you can find club seats on razor for 10-25% over face value. Further, you can just pick your tickets up at will call, no meeting some guy in a parking lot at 7-11 and hoping you don't get ripped off.

Craigslist stopped being a good outlet for tickets two years ago, at least in my experience. I'm sure if you keep a browser window open and click refresh every 5 minutes for weeks at a time, you might find a better deal there, but I find it a waste of time since all the decently priced tickets are total garbage.