Seahawks biggest impact trades of all time.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Trading away Galloway for 2 first round picks had to be one of our best trades of all time.

Trading for Hasselbeck was also a great pickup.

What do you think was our best trade of all time?

kearly

Reaction score
Dealing to get Steve Largent for an 8th round draft pick from the Houston Oilers was pretty good.

kearly

Reaction score
Tapp for Clemons and a 4th. It was highway robbery, and only PC/JS knew it at the time.

TAB420

Reaction score
The Galloway trade turned into Alexander and Hutchinson, so that was pretty big. But I would have to say Lynch, no doubt.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
I agree with most of the trades discussed so far.....especially the Galloway trade

But I would have to believe that trading Rick Mirer in 1997 to the Bears for a first round choice would have to be rather high on the list of best trades of all time. We were able to draft Shawn Springs (after moving up) in that 1997 draft. I would also say that trading our 2nd round pick in 2009 to Denver for a 2010 first round pick (Earl Thomas) was another huge win

original poster

Reaction score
Got to be the Lynch trade.

Hopefully in a few years time we will all be saying the Jimmy trade was the best of all time!

seabowl

Reaction score
On the negative side....

Trading the pick to Dallas so they could take Dorsett then trading one of the picks that we got in that trade the following year to the Niners in which they took Montana.

That my friend was the biggest continuous set of trades that had an impact on us.

seabowl

Reaction score
TAB420":3osyn023 said:
The Galloway trade turned into Alexander and Hutchinson, so that was pretty big. But I would have to say Lynch, no doubt.

Hutchinson was not from the Galloway trade. That pick in 2001 was Koren Robinson.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":1udjd1nt said:
I agree with most of the trades discussed so far.....especially the Galloway trade

But I would have to believe that trading Rick Mirer in 1997 to the Bears for a first round choice would have to be rather high on the list of best trades of all time. We were able to draft Shawn Springs (after moving up) in that 1997 draft. I would also say that trading our 2nd round pick in 2009 to Denver for a 2010 first round pick (Earl Thomas) was another huge win
I was going to post the 1st rounder that GM Randy Mueller got for Mirer. But, I had forgot about the trade that netted Earl. Very nice.

So, my contribution will be the trade that netted Dallas.... one Tony Dorsett. Ugh. Only if we could have seen what that team could have done with Zorn, Largent AND Tony Dorsett. Stupid trade. IIRC, there was something about Dorsett (originally pronounced "DORsett" or sounds like Dorsit) not wanting to play in Seattle. Well, tough. Just draft him and he plays in Seattle or nowhere. In those days, I think he would have played.

WI-Hawkfan

Reaction score
I think it's hard to argue against it being trading for Marshawn. It's the only one that directly lead to a ring.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":nrls6ykl said:
I would also say that trading our 2nd round pick in 2009 to Denver for a 2010 first round pick (Earl Thomas) was another huge win

This one. This was the best move Ruskell ever made, anyway. Traded our 2nd for a future 1st and still traded his way back into the 2nd round to select Max Unger. Then Pete and John turned the pick into solid gold. Great trade.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Largent80":3kbyxxl0 said:
kearly":3kbyxxl0 said:
Dealing to get Steve Largent for an 8th round draft pick from the Houston Oilers was pretty good.

This was my first thought.

Looking at your avatar, I have a different first thought.

It's tough to say. The trade away to Dallas and losing Dorsett has to be a big one, but rumors were he didn't want to come here, so I'm not sure how much of a long term impact that was. If he played his first contract then walked, not such a big deal.

Largent for an 8th rounder is way up there. He's our most accomplished Seahawk, and brings history and depth to a young franchise. But we didn't win much in the post season with it.

I'd be tied for the trade for Denver which netted us Earl Thomas, and the trade for Lynch. Combined, they are primary elements to the most sustained success in frachise history, and the building blocks to a potential dynasty. We're not just talking historic franchise success, but historic success in the league.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
WI-Hawkfan":17wfazph said:
I think it's hard to argue against it being trading for Marshawn. It's the only one that directly lead to a ring.

How about the trade being discussed with Denver? Our 2nd for their future 1st which got us ET

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Fred Young to the Colts
Brought in Ed HIcks I believe, a OL.
and...

Cortez Kennedy the following year.

That was a pretty good trade, but the Largent trade was the best.