UCONN WR Deshon Foxx Signed

Jville

Reaction score
Foxx is a versatile receiving prospect that started 12 games for UConn last year, getting snaps at receiver, punt returner, kick returner, and even as a wildcat style quarterback. UConn head coach Bob Diaco explained his usage there.

"It is not a Foxx package, it is the offense," Diaco said. "I guess the opponent can look at it any way they want to look at it, but if they want to look at the Foxx plan as a wildcat plan, then they would be making a mistake. Foxx can throw all of the passes, he has a strong arm, he can run our offense. He can run our offense from the gun, he can run our offense from under center."

[urltargetblank]http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/5/18/8622393/seahawks-sign-wr-deshon-foxx-waive-demitrius-bronson[/urltargetblank]

Hawks46

Reaction score
Would appear to be returner depth for the offseason, but I'd wonder if they might be trying him at backup QB ?

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hawks46":3l5zzfp3 said:
Would appear to be returner depth for the offseason, but I'd wonder if they might be trying him at backup QB ?

Doubtful. 5-10 and 173 lbs. He's thrown 5 passes with only one completion in his college career. When he lined up at qb it was all read option.

His college coach had this to say

“I guess the opponent can look at it any way they want to look at it, but if they want to look at the Foxx plan as a wildcat plan, then they would be making a mistake.

“Foxx can throw all of the passes, he has a strong arm, he can run our offense. He can run our offense from the gun, he can run our offense from under center.”
October 8, 2014.

He only attempted 3 passes that year.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Redskins had the smurfs, maybe the Seahawks with Baldwin, Lockett, and Foxx can be referred to as the "dwarfs". It's weird to say that since they are all still taller than me :)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawkfan68":39kfqzpp said:
The Redskins had the smurfs, maybe the Seahawks with Baldwin, Lockett, and Foxx can be referred to as the "dwarfs". It's weird to say that since they are all still taller than me :)
That'd be the "Killer Bees". Miami did it first with Marino. It kind of makes crazy sense to have a bunch of shifty receivers to match their scat back quarterback all at their best off schedule playing playground offense.

Don't feel bad almost everyone is taller than me. So I get you. ;)

ivotuk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2ke0b81t said:

Where the hell is Roland when you need him?!?!

It's "Dwarves" dear sir...dwarves!

Roland, you can thank me later. :beach: