Someone needs to explain things to Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
He's on the media, bitching and moaning about how the "little guys", guys like McDaniel, are getting the shaft so that guys like Wagner can get paid. This is what Bennett is saying to reporters:

"They can't pay everybody, but they do pay people. They pay certain people a lot of money and other guys feel like they should be paid just as much as those guys because everybody contributes to the Super Bowls and the championships."
That's what people don't understand, people talk about Tony McDaniels like 'Oh, he's just another guy,' but think about, how does a Bobby Wagner make those tackles? These are the workers. It's like the clothing line. You see the people who own the clothing line, but you don't see the people who work and make the clothes. The middle man is always needed for success in this league.

First off, comparing a guy who got paid 2.5 million dollars in one year to people who aren't getting paid a living wage and actually DO deserve more money shows a person who is out of touch with reality. Second, the drop off from McDaniels to the Next Man Up is a lot less than the drop off from Wagner. Wagner gets paid for being the best MLB in the NFL because Wagner IS the best MLB in the NFL. McD gets cut as a salary cap casualty because he CAN be replaced for cheaper.

This is what Bennett should already understand. Those "certain people" earned their money by being the stars of the team. Yes, everybody contributes, but some are less replaceable than others. Then the market value of those players drives up their value. Would he rather everybody got paid the same? There would go his fat contract. Maybe he'd be happy if everyone got paid $2.5 million? Oh wait, I'd bet he'd bitch everyone should get $25 million.

As if getting paid $2.5 mil to play football for a year isn't already hitting the jackpot.

Davehawk

Reaction score
I'm tired of Bennett complaining. He signed his deal, if it was unfair he shouldn't have signed it. I love the dude as a player, but he is getting pretty whiny.

Decimation

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of his act. Great player, but man sometimes you just need to know when to stop talking. You signed the deal a YEAR ago.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
I wonder who he would cut in order to make more money for himself...

You can't have it both ways. He does not like that Mcd got cut, but he insists on more money. He is one of the players who got a good contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.