Seahawks and the Hall of Fame game

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
In honor of the official start of pre-season games tonight, I was curious when the last time we played in the HOF game, so I looked it up. It was 1997 vs Minnesota.

We have only played in it twice since our inception; we destroyed Tampa Bay in 1984.

Would you want to see us play in it again? It does add an extra pre season game.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
IMO....it wouldn't hurt. By that, I think that the extra travel is offset by having our new players being exposed to different players than those in their own camp.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'd rather not... too many games already played over the last three years.

RiverDog

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1b1lk09a said:
In honor of the official start of pre-season games tonight, I was curious when the last time we played in the HOF game, so I looked it up. It was 1997 vs Minnesota.

We have only played in it twice since our inception; we destroyed Tampa Bay in 1984.

Would you want to see us play in it again? It does add an extra pre season game.

Naw. I don't get too excited about preseason games, and no, I don't care if we're ever in the HOF game again. They have too many preseason games anyway IMO. I'm for cutting them down to two.

And to think that we used to have 6 of these glorified scrimmages. Ugh. It's like watching a slow strip tease having to put up with these meaningless preseason games while waiting for the real thing.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
We're probably back in it next time we don't go deep into the playoffs.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I did not know there was a game on. I was in the mountains chillin after a hard weekend. Had I known there was a game on, I would have gone to the local to watch it. Or lugged my old lappy up to try to watch it. Such is life. I may try to get a newer laptop so the streaming is better.
Go Hawks.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":16wm5g44 said:

Don't we have to have a player going into the Hall of Fame? I think that's how they pick the teams that play - two teams that have a player going in that weekend and maybe that haven't played in the game in a while? Last night, Jerome Bettis and Mick Tinglehoff represented the Stealers and Vikings.

RiverDog

Reaction score
DYLcurry59":3ag8uu3q said:
Hawkstorian":3ag8uu3q said:

Don't we have to have a player going into the Hall of Fame? I think that's how they pick the teams that play - two teams that have a player going in that weekend and maybe that haven't played in the game in a while? Last night, Jerome Bettis and Mick Tinglehoff represented the Stealers and Vikings.

I don't think so. The only constant is that they take one team from the NFC and one from the AFC. I'm pretty sure that the teams are determined ahead of the next class of HOF inductees.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I personally would welcome it. It doesn't really add an extra game to your starters, it would be more used as an extra game to evaluate and teach the young undergrowth. Being that the Seahawks are one of the best teams in the league at continuing to develop players once they get into the NFL and finding the roles they are the best fit using their strengths, I feel our coaching staff would be able to use an extra game like that to make us better in the long run.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
DJrmb":1xyjo0g2 said:
I personally would welcome it. It doesn't really add an extra game to your starters, it would be more used as an extra game to evaluate and teach the young undergrowth. Being that the Seahawks are one of the best teams in the league at continuing to develop players once they get into the NFL and finding the roles they are the best fit using their strengths, I feel our coaching staff would be able to use an extra game like that to make us better in the long run.

I am kinda in this boat. After all, the younglings are trying to make the squad or practice squad and could use the experience on the field with others of different teams to ply their wares. 4 weeks to learn if you can play or not is a bit difficult for evaluating purposes. Granted, some players are easy to evaluate, where others are harder to determine whether they are worth the time to coach and prep for the season.

Go Hawks.