Positions of great depth......

Chawker

Reaction score
For the first time scene we have drafted Russell Wilson I feel that our wide receiving core has great strength and depth. Theres going to be some tuff cut at RB position too.

MrThortan

Reaction score
The front office has some tough decisions to make. As fans, we get attached to guys as well. I am looking at the roster and trying to see a way Rawls can be kept.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
MrThortan":1c9jq1ol said:
The front office has some tough decisions to make. As fans, we get attached to guys as well. I am looking at the roster and trying to see a way Rawls can be kept.

1. IR Turbin
2. Sign Fred Jackson
3. Roll with 9 OL or 2 TEs
4. Carry 5 RBs
5. Let Lynch, through example and Jackson, through guidance, mentor Rawls and Michael up for the future.

Anthony!

Reaction score
MrThortan":v9p0gsdn said:

With Turbin hurt I think he is kept. The Wr is much more interesting, 6 spot

Baldwin
Lockett
? Kearse
? Matthews
? BJ, WIlliams, Smith, Lockette
? BJ, WIlliams, Smith, Lockette

Richardson on PUP

For me I would keep

Badlwin Duh
Lockett Duh
Matthews To much upside
Williams Can do what Kearse does and is bigger and faster, can also do what Lockette does
Smith Can do what Kearse does and Lockette
?? Kearse or bj Well here it the question I lean towards BJ for versatility, But I o like Kearse's habit of big plays just hate his habit of missed plays

Richardson PUP

But I am guessing it will be (unfortunately)

Baldwin
Lockett
Kearse
Lockette
BJ
Matthews

Richardson Pup

Now if they want to be creative and smart they can let TJ go and keep BJ as backup QB and then also keep Williams or smith

Richardson Pup

Seafan

Reaction score
It seems they have tough decisions to make every year at this time. However, three injured players and the play of some young backups is going to make those decisions especially tough this year. Morgan, Turbin and Jackson are all hurt. Those injuries may have an impact on personnel decisions.

It will be difficult to cut BJ Daniels and Thomas Rawls.

Exittium

Reaction score
too bad we can't just IR all three players :(

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Doubt they keep Lockette, after 5 years in the NFL, he has no upside and looks like just another guy.

They have hard evaluations on Kearse and Matthews.

2 of Smith, Williams, and Daniels will make the team. All three could be kept depending on how they evaluate potential and club control.

Lockett just kicked down the door of Kearse's one true strength and said "this is how you seperate on a deep ball, bro" which in my own projected opinion drops Kearse's chances (with the three young bucks also stepping up with thier versatility and talent) down from 90% to 75%.

I just dont know anymore. Hard decisions for sure.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I don't see how Lockette sticks.

He was mediocre today against the 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers of the Raiders.

tah tah Lockette.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2uiqdkg0 said:
Doubt they keep Lockette, after 5 years in the NFL, he has no upside and looks like just another guy.

They have hard evaluations on Kearse and Matthews.

2 of Smith, Williams, and Daniels will make the team. All three could be kept depending on how they evaluate potential and club control.

Lockett just kicked down the door of Kearse's one true strength and said "this is how you seperate on a deep ball, bro"

Lockett = Largent 2 with speed.
He's going to be our starter.

Mick063

Reaction score
The front seven has never been stronger or deeper.

The national pundits are so hyper focused on the defensive backfield, that they think the defense is more vulnerable than in the past. I think the exact opposite. The front seven is vastly improved and the young players are blossoming.

Jordan Hill and Frank Clark are beasts. Pierre-Louis is a speed demon. Marsh flashes everywhere. T.Y McGill is blowing up plays. Hell.....even Pinkins is looking studly. Dobbs is playing well and likely will not make the cut. We are talking about depth in addition to Wagner, Wright, Mebane, Bennett , and Avril.

Bruce Irvin can ride the pine in favor of Clark for all I care. Irvin, never ever in his career, has looked as good as Clark does now. You cannot justify playing Irvin in front of Clark. It simply makes no sense.

The front seven is simply loaded. The defense will be suffocating.

massari

Reaction score
Turbin, Lockette, Kearse all will be cut. :240039:

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
See if you can trade Kearse or Matthews to Carolina for a 5th round pick and then you could keep both Kevin Smith and Williams

peppersjap

Reaction score
I would be very disappointed if they cut Kasen Williams and kept Lockette. I love Lockette but he is a special teams player, Williams is a WR! The guy is still coming off an injury and is only going to get better. I'm not a Husky homer, could actually care less about the Huskies but Williams is a true talent that somehow slipped through the draft to us as a free agent. If we cut Lockette he will find a team because of the way he plays special teams but I must say for a guy who is supposed to be as fast as he is I have never seen him pull away from anyone.

45Hawker

Reaction score
I think the main reason Kearse is kept is because of his experience. If he was let go, Baldwin would be our only WR with starting experience. I also think that Paul Richardson being hurt right now helps Kearse make the team (and even then, PR only has 1 season under his belt.) IMO, Lockett, K Williams and K Smith are as good as Kearse right now and all have a higher ceiling.

The team might be thinking it's risky to let Kearse go, and rely on so many your WR's. I'm leaning towards wanting the team to take that risk.

It will be interesting to see what happens with PR returns to the team.

[edited a few times to fix my grammar/spelling - need coffee...]

j hawk

Reaction score
If it were up to me I keep Baldwin, Lockett, Mathews, Smith, Williams, Daniels.

massari

Reaction score
j hawk":9r9ag1rq said:
If it were up to me I keep Baldwin, Lockett, Mathews, Smith, Williams, Daniels.

Sounds good to this noob (me).

Cut Lockette and trade Kearse for a 6th or 7th.