Sokoli

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
This guy is going to be a stud. He is so fast, very strong and his form is sooooooo much better then when they trotted him out against Denver. I can see why Cable mentioned him as a stand out. He is going to push Britt for that starting left guard spot all year. He really showed some power tonight and his footwork on pass blocking is night and day from where he started. He played well and at a really high level last night except for one holding penalty. Britt has better be on his P's and Q's because this man is going to seriously push him.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I really think they keep him on the 53 ala Sweezy instead of risk losing their "baby" that they are so fond of converting.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
bbsplitter":7fp9d7b2 said:
I really think they keep him on the 53 ala Sweezy instead of risk losing their "baby" that they are so fond of converting.

I think he will start somewhere this year at either right or left guard (due to injury). He may make it easy to let sweezy go and sign Okung.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1vpnc6d5 said:
bbsplitter":1vpnc6d5 said:

I think he will start somewhere this year at either right or left guard (due to injury). He may make it easy to let sweezy go and sign Okung.

I'm not sure if you're talking about Sokoli or Glowinski. Glow has been lauded by Cable, and looked good once again at RG (although he had a ticky-tack holding call on a Michael run outside). Sokoli is a freak athlete, but he was not even mentioned by Cable in the last press conference. He still has a long way to go; I hope he makes it to the practice squad.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3o4nwzw6 said:
seahawk12thman":3o4nwzw6 said:
bbsplitter":3o4nwzw6 said:

I'm not sure if you're talking about Sokoli or Glowinski. Glow has been lauded by Cable, and looked good once again at RG (although he had a ticky-tack holding call on a Michael run outside). Sokoli is a freak athlete, but he was not even mentioned by Cable in the last press conference. He still has a long way to go; I hope he makes it to the practice squad.

I will say watch the game again. If you still feel that way then I respect your opinion but I was blown away. Cable hasn't seen the tape yet LOL. Glowinski was also solid. Their guard situation is looking really good, their backup tackles however is another story.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1e6t9ot1 said:
hawknation2015":1e6t9ot1 said:
seahawk12thman":1e6t9ot1 said:
bbsplitter":1e6t9ot1 said:

I will say watch the game again. If you still feel that way then I respect your opinion but I was blown away. Cable hasn't seen the tape yet LOL. Glowinski was also solid. Their guard situation is looking really good, their backup tackles however is another story.

Sokoli is a such a fluid mover, I wonder if they would try to convert him to OT while on the practice squad.

I did notice a few plays by Soloki, while he was playing LG yesterday, where he allowed his man to get outside of him in pass pro.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
hawknation2015":eklsdo57 said:
Sokoli is a such a fluid mover, I wonder if they would try to convert him to OT while on the practice squad.

They may have to because Britt can play right tackle in an emergency but Bailey is terrible and they need another option.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3qop01a2 said:
hawknation2015":3qop01a2 said:

They may have to because Britt can play right tackle in an emergency but Bailey is terrible and they need another option.

True, Glowinski is another option at RT. They actually had Milton playing some RT yesterday, which was a real mess.

WavyFamousIaerismetalmark.gif

jlwaters1

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3jpaostq said:
seahawk12thman":3jpaostq said:
hawknation2015":3jpaostq said:

True, Glowinski is another option at RT. They actually had Milton playing some RT yesterday, which was a real mess.

IMO, Britt has been the biggest revelation on the OL. AT LG he's been terrific. Go rewatch the 3 games he's played at LG, I don't know know if anyone else played better in pass protection. (I've been paying attention to him alot- admittedly not every play) What I see from Britt is a guy who barely get's pushed back in pass protection.

Cable said earlier this week, that he expects Britt to play really good to start the season, and the he was "a special player". I"m starting to believe it. Infact, I'm confident this will be the best OL in PC's tenure here.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2yknq5p9 said:
hawknation2015":2yknq5p9 said:
seahawk12thman":2yknq5p9 said:
hawknation2015":2yknq5p9 said:

IMO, Britt has been the biggest revelation on the OL. AT LG he's been terrific. Go rewatch the 3 games he's played at LG, I don't know know if anyone else played better in pass protection. (I've been paying attention to him alot- admittedly not every play) What I see from Britt is a guy who barely get's pushed back in pass protection.

Cable said earlier this week, that he expects Britt to play really good to start the season, and the he was "a special player". I"m starting to believe it. Infact, I'm confident this will be the best OL in PC's tenure here.

I agree with this. I took some crap for comparing them to the 2005 oline but I not backing off that statement. Are they as good now?? No, but the ceiling is there and if they are even in the conversation, the Hawks are going to bury teams alive this year.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
hawknation2015":39dtxan6 said:
Sokoli had some really athletic blocks. He also missed an assignment here, allowing a free rusher.

InferiorNiceEyra.gif

I am more impressed that he shoved that lineman WAAYYYY out of the play. You are correct in that he should have slid right and picked up the blitzer. That may have been the fault of the center for not calling out the protection properly. The Left Tackle didn't slide right either. In other words, if the Left tackle would have slid right, there would have been a double team with Sikoli so the Center may have been at fault for not calling the right protection.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":zh7uorz3 said:
hawknation2015":zh7uorz3 said:
Sokoli had some really athletic blocks. He also missed an assignment here, allowing a free rusher.

InferiorNiceEyra.gif

I am more impressed that he shoved that lineman WAAYYYY out of the play. You are correct in that he should have slid right and picked up the blitzer. That may have been the fault of the center for not calling out he protection properly. The Left Tackle didn't slide right either. In other words, if the Left tackle would have slid right, there would have been a double team with Sikoli so the Center may have been at fault for not calling the right protection.

You can't blame the LT here. I have had that kind of thing happen to me, where the guy next to you messes up his assignment by blocking your man, and you are left either blocking air, trying to swing around to block his man, or trying to double team the correct man while allowing a free rusher. Sokoli messed up this play, but good point about Lewis perhaps not calling out the right assignment.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3orou1ae said:
seahawk12thman":3orou1ae said:
hawknation2015":3orou1ae said:

Not trying to hijack, just pointing out this clip shows another good chip by CMike. He's really putting some pop into the defender, stopping or slowing their progress significantly, but maintaining his balance to quickly bubble out as safely valve. This is good stuff.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":29x9swap said:
hawknation2015":29x9swap said:
seahawk12thman":29x9swap said:
hawknation2015":29x9swap said:

Not trying to hijack, just pointing out this clip shows another good chip by CMike. He's really putting some pop into the defender, stopping or slowing their progress significantly, but maintaining his balance to quickly bubble out as safely valve. This is good stuff.

This is why Michael may have leap frogged Turbin. Turbin has brain farts in pass blocking from time to time, if Michael can turn this into a strength......

chris98251

Reaction score

This is why Michael may have leap frogged Turbin. Turbin has brain farts in pass blocking from time to time, if Michael can turn this into a strength...

Actually Turbin is applauded for his blocking where C Mike is criticized because he misses so often and doesn't recognize things, consistency is Turbins trademark from Sherman Smith, and C Mikes bane.

Picking that one block as a reference to his overall play is not accurate.

Throwdown

Reaction score
hawknation2015":g8317x75 said:

InferiorNiceEyra.gif

Who the hell is that at left tackle? Dude didn't know which was up

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Throwdown":16doxsqy said:
hawknation2015":16doxsqy said:

InferiorNiceEyra.gif

Who the hell is that at left tackle? Dude didn't know which was up

Terry Poole

Latest posts