STICKY:: Fire Bevell thread!

Rainger

Reaction score
This thread is for those of you who dont want to participate in the Smack Shack thread of the same:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111976

Yes there were other breakdowns today BUT The play calling of Bevell is pathetic. Jimmy will disappear here. Everything is a slow development play. Everything is predictable. No quick hitters nothing to put the defense off balance.

All naked screens, naked bubbles, and Marshawn when everyone knows it is Marshawn. Just some of the worst play organization and scheme I have watched in years!!!

FanSince82

Reaction score
As Pete has shown, loyalty to his incompetent offensive lackeys trumps the welfare of the organization.

Showed it at USC when he replaced Chow with Sarkesian and disaster Kiffin. He backs his worst coaches like Bevel and Cable while our best are hired away.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
I have been watching football since 1962 and played. I have never seen a more incompetent play caller than Bevell.

Yes we made it to the SB, but it has not been because of him but in spite. With great D, Great Running, Great players they do it even though they have him as their biggest handicap.

I think the Hawks O plays against 13 opponents every play, the opposition, Bevell, and many times the Refs.

Gametime

Reaction score
So easy to know exactly what was coming. Lynch, left side.

Geez.

McG

Reaction score
He's a horrible OC, I wish they could fire him with out having to have a bad season in order to do so.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Pete's timeout call and horrendous onside kick call were worse than ANYTHING Bevell did

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Vpk0718":5pv9n68f said:
Pete's timeout call and horrendous onside kick call were worse than ANYTHING Bevell did

People this team is going to in trouble this year if this does not change quickly giving up to many points making too many mistakes why would they give it to Lynch when the whole rams team was expecting it

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Vpk0718":2dtpaub3 said:
Yes but it was because he had no confidence in his offense to to go 80 but thought his d could hold it to 50

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Two ST meltdowns and a Charmin soft defense, and we're talking about offense?

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Why didn't they use an I-Form, Singleback or Goaline formation? Who the hell runs a Gun formation in that situation?

kujohawk

Reaction score
I figured that was going to bite us when we hucked the ball to the back of the endzone instead of going for the first down when we had the ball on the 12 with 4 minutes left. We had a third and three what's wrong with a short pass my god or a run pass option work the clock and work the endzone with a fresh set of downs right there. Hey Bevell sometimes you do want to
play percentages.

He does that sort of stuff a lot. The only one in the whole stadium he outsmarts is himself. I think sometimes Wilson just needs to call his own play and tell him hey the radio must be broke I couldn't hear your playcall. I think the Ram's should give Bevell the game ball.

Maulbert

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":1otidjyj said:
Vpk0718":1otidjyj said:

People this team is going to in trouble this year if this does not change quickly giving up to many points making too many mistakes why would they give it to Lynch when the whole rams team was expecting it

Know that this hurts me too, but I must point it out:

butler-interception-GIF.gif

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
and while we are at it throw tom cable as well how long is it going to take to come up with an oline that can run block and not get your qb killed

bryantology79

Reaction score
maybe he needs to sit upstairs like most OCs so he can actually see whats going on. then ignore all his playcalls

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Maulbert":nmdfiowh said:
seahawk Dan":nmdfiowh said:
Vpk0718":nmdfiowh said:

Know that this hurts me too, but I must point it out:

butler-interception-GIF.gif

This is an entirely different situation

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
In another thread where someone is trying to defend Bevell with a bunch of questions all I can say is: YES YES YES everyone of those questions can be turned into Bevell's fault. Just answer your own questions.
:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:
FIRE BEVELL Please. Get Jim Zorn in for the rest of the season PLEASE PETE PLEASE!

Optimus25

Reaction score
For starters, can someone explain why we ran Russell on a naked boot in that first series when everything else was clicking nicely?. That was such a drive killer imo. Or like the announcer said at the time, it would make sense if Jimmy was an option out there with russ rolling, but Jimmy was obviously run blocking in the secondary. Mind boggling bevell.