Impose Your Will

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For some reason or another I cannot quantify, that statement has been resonating in my mind for weeks. So insistent, I finally felt the need to let it out on to the .NET stage.

IMPOSE YOUR WILL.

It's been running through my brain, it's been in my dreams. It obviously means something so I am putting it out there to the Interwebs.

I think it means getting back to what makes this team so special. Forget what the other team is doing. Only worry about what WE are doing. It's not a sign of disrespect for the other team's potential...It's rather a commitment to knowing that when we do what we are capable of doing in every phase of the game...The other team has no chance.

My son made a great observation yesterday. He said "Dad, when the Seahawks get that one spark, that explosive play in the game, it's all over."

He's right. At least 90% of the time. Usually, when the Hawks find that play that sparks the team, it's almost always over for the opponent.

Kam's return signifies a very real shift in this team's approach. Without him we are a top 12 defense. With him we are a top 3 defense. It's true. JS, don't kill the messenger. Pay the man after this season which I know you will.

With his presence he instills the message of this post. IMPOSE YOUR WILL.

When this team does that?

It's all over for the opponent, no matter who they are.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
“IT'S ALWAYS GREAT WHEN YOU JUST POUND THE ROCK, IMPOSE YOUR WILL, AND THAT IS GOING TO BREAK THE SPIRIT OF THE DEFENSE IF YOU CAN KEEP RUNNING IT AND THEY CAN'T STOP YOU.”

— LOGAN MANKINS

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Every time I see us under center, I get excited, it feels like we are getting back to our roots. Run. Play action. Imposition of will.

Every time I see the gun formation with an inline TE and the D has a stacked box, I sigh. No matter the result, we will be relying on misdirection, and a tight end who can't block. In essence, we will not be imposing any will. It has it's place, but hardly seems like it is a staple that identifies with the way the team was built.

Schneider has often commented that this team is built to win a street fight. So, create a street fight.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Scottemojo":13n8n6sm said:
Every time I see us under center, I get excited, it feels like we are getting back to our roots. Run. Play action. Imposition of will.

Every time I see the gun formation with an inline TE and the D has a stacked box, I sigh. No matter the result, we will be relying on misdirection, and a tight end who can't block. In essence, we will not be imposing any will. It has it's place, but hardly seems like it is a staple that identifies with the way the team was built.

Schneider has often commented that this team is built to win a street fight. So, create a street fight.

^^^^Good posts.

Cartire

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2o2b9fte said:

???

Im a tad confused. Even when were running the ball hard, were almost always doing it from the gun/pistol. RW RARELY lines up behind center.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
It' hard to imagine the current offense imposing much will without #24 in the backfield.

Cartire

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2xuulidt said:
It' hard to imagine the current offense imposing much will without #24 in the backfield.

Rawls showed some grit last week.

Granted, the D we went up against was already defeated. So take from it what you will.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Cartire":slklmkc2 said:
Scottemojo":slklmkc2 said:

???

Im a tad confused. Even when were running the ball hard, were almost always doing it from the gun/pistol. RW RARELY lines up behind center.
Don't be confused.
I'm not going to get into a numbers based argument about the increase in use of the pistol or gun, which are different, vs I formation, from 2012 to now.

I am talking about the guarantee that an under center play offers, that the play is likely to be a certain way, that a linebacker may have to fill a gap vs a FB, that there may be a big shot down the field. And I am talking about the guarantee that the pistol and gun offer, that the play is likely to try and exploit some thing the D is giving you, or get some misdirection to fool the DE, a line slide so Russ can move the pocket and hope the D isn't coming after him from that side.

One feels more like an imposition of will than the other. That is all.

White Devil

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2w49vba9 said:
Cartire":2w49vba9 said:
Scottemojo":2w49vba9 said:

???

Don't be confused.
I'm not going to get into a numbers based argument about the increase in use of the pistol or gun, which are different, vs I formation, from 2012 to now.

I am talking about the guarantee that an under center play offers, that the play is likely to be a certain way, that a linebacker may have to fill a gap vs a FB, that there may be a big shot down the field. And I am talking about the guarantee that the pistol and gun offer, that the play is likely to try and exploit some thing the D is giving you, or get some misdirection to fool the DE, a line slide so Russ can move the pocket and hope the D isn't coming after him from that side.

One feels more like an imposition of will than the other. That is all.

+1

The team has evolved into a misdirection offense without question. I understand personnel has changed since 2012 on the offensive side of the ball, but this is when this team was feared. They pounded you into submission on offense. Yea, it may be 3 and out but a chunk of time was removed from the clock and the big daddies had to work and tire themselves. That's how Lynch would break the long runs in the 2nd half of games. They were a tough, hard nosed offense that made opposing teams bring their lunchpail and settle in for a long, hard day.

Then the defense would be on the field imposing their own will against the opponent. You were in a fight on both sides of the ball. It was going to be a long day. The will of this team would eventually be the difference. The games were ugly, but that was ©Seahawks Championship Football. There's a movement among some new coaches to follow those footsteps. Jets, Bills, hell even the Broncos are trying to shift towards it. Meanwhile the team that the other's are copying, has shifted towards misdirection and finesse on the offensive side. This is what baffles me. This team, as long as Pete is coach, will be focused on the Defensive side of the ball. You can't have both generally. You either have to have a great offense, or a great Defense to make it to the Super Bowl. There's only so much big money to pay elite starters on whichever side of the ball you choose to focus.

If you're gonna go Defense, then you can't be flashy on offense. That's just the reality of the game during a salary cap. You can be balanced, just expect the record to reflect the same balance. 7-9 to 9-7 every season and getting manhandled in the postseason, if you even make it.