Do Your Job

keasley45

Reaction score
This is where I am at. My number one bucket list item was to see the Seahawks win a Super Bowl. Hot damn, it happened.

Everything else is gravy. Yes, I am still emotionally invested of course, but I just don't carry the Freak Flag like I used to. I turn on the game and if it even smells like an imminent drubbing I am out. I turn it off, tell my daughter to only text me if something great happens, otherwise me and my girl are off to watch a movie where I am not a nervous nelly or yelling at my TV for 3 hours.

Some would call me a fair-weather fan for not supporting the team live, for 3 hours. Meh. Been there, done that for nearly 40 years. I paid my dues, man. Now it's about enjoying my life, not letting ANYTHING (including the Seahawks) get me down or disproportionality angry for several hours (or days like it used to after a loss).

Like you said, life is too short man. Let it go. Enjoy the ride. Love your Hawks, but if they are sucking balls, let it go. Move on. It's just entertainment.

My fiancé and I recently moved to Astoria, Oregon. Every day we pinch ourselves. We live on the hill overlooking the Columbia River in a 1916 Craftsman that was recently renovated. We feel so blessed. Surrounded by ocean and water. We live in a tourist/vacation town and we keep feeling like we are in a fantastic AirBnB we have to leave soon. Nope. It's our lives now.

G R A T E F U L .

So the Seahawks sucking? Meh. It sucks, don't get me wrong but thank God for the ability to change the channel. There's a trillion other sources of entertainment on the big screen.

Great perspective. My dad and I talk about not getting worked up about disappointment. It finally got to him when after watching his beloved Ravens lose games where during a blow out or just after, Lamar and others would often be hamming it up, laughing and having interactions with players on the opposing team as if they'd just randomly met while at the local grocery store. He'd say 'why am I getting all pissed off when these guys are smiling after a loss because they're getting their millions regardless?...'. 106 millionaires dressed in football gear, running around for 60 minutes.

Perspective.

Astoria. Cool! Land of the Goonies and the eternal question ' Who's your daddy, and what does he do?' Daahhhhh.

Well done!

Weadoption

Reaction score
Pete has made the playoffs 10 of 13 seasons. All he has to do is win one game in the playoffs and he's safe. That's what I'm worried about...
I think Pete Carrol knows he’s safe until the team is sold. He has a trophy on his watch, made the playoffs last year and still could get in this year. I don’t think he is done coaching either if a new regime comes in and wants new leadership, which is almost a given. He’s a pretty youthful guy at his age and coaching is in the man’s DNA.

Ozzy

Reaction score
But that doesn’t explain the open reads he does have and is missing and there are more of them than people realize. This isn’t just a Waldron thing. Geno is struggling to see what’s in front of him, missing reads and uncharacteristically missing some throws too

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
But that doesn’t explain the open reads he does have and is missing and there are more of them than people realize. This isn’t just a Waldron thing. Geno is struggling to see what’s in front of him, missing reads and uncharacteristically missing some throws too
He drives me nuts lately. He’s locking into a single read A LOT.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Greg Olson has decades of experiences both as OC and QB coach.
That doesn't account for much, if anything at all. Pete Carroll has decades of experience but when compared to McVay who has less experience, many people think McVay is the better coach and choose him over PC.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
It took end of Novembe/December to cater to the players? Like AROS said, they should have worked that shit in training camp.
C'mon man, epiphanies don't come along every day. LOLOLOL

keasley45

Reaction score
Thats true, but it contributes in part when you have a QB who's spooked because the routes on the plays being sent in havent worked for a while.

But yeah, the one read thing is befuddling. He shows the ability to make progressions and has done so really well in games. But sometimes he just predertmines where hes going and thats it. I know some of that is defenses bating him into taking the single read (some plays are pretty simple that way and work when you dont run them constantly) knowing what we run because the playbook is so predictable after Shane's opening script.

cymatica

Reaction score
Depending on how the offense is structured, it might explain some of that

PeruHawk

Reaction score
Seems kinda strange that most analysts, and people here, see the same thing and the coaches do not. Too many slow developing routes with QB under pressure, limited use of tight ends in the passing game, predictable long shots to DK, limited situational creativity. Seems like everyone knows what we are going to do.

If so many people are saying the same thing, ad nauseum, maybe it is not a problem of execution, but of play calling and coaching??

Ozzy

Reaction score
Seems kinda strange that most analysts, and people here, see the same thing and the coaches do not. Too many slow developing routes with QB under pressure, limited use of tight ends in the passing game, predictable long shots to DK, limited situational creativity. Seems like everyone knows what we are going to do.

If so many people are saying the same thing, ad nauseum, maybe it is not a problem of execution, but of play calling and coaching??
well I would argue I think people are overplaying this idea a little bit even if there is a lot of truth to it. Matt Waldman highlighed a few different plays where Geno did have an outlet or underneath option and just didn't pull the trigger or didn't come off his first read. For some reason people keep ignoring this and keep repeating that the only thing Waldron dials up is bombs which just isn't true. That isn't removing fault though because he probably needs a lot more of the outlet stuff and Waldman even said we do seem to do more deep stuff than we probably should.

I just think people want to defend Geno because they have been since Russ left that they're refusing to admit its also his fault. And to just to make it clear, I'm not saying Waldron isn't without fault. He shares a big portion of it for sure. I just don't think it's as simple as Waldron is just calling deep outs and verts and nothing else.

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
Morons.

Oh and jackass....have your QB THROW to a Tight End once in a while.
Exactly. Noah Fant is on pace to have a career low in receptions, yards, and touchdowns.

I’ll wait here for someone to respond that he missed the first game.

Wouldn’t matter.

We need to shake things up.