Does anyone feel worse after this win than they did a loss?

blazen2392

Reaction score
This O-line is not taking off far. I don't care if they need more time to gel with each other. There is no way we can get through the play offs with this line.

I guess I'm thinking too far ahead. God the bengals are going to RAPE US!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
How could you feel worse with a win? 1-3 and your season is officially slipping away.

2-2 and Seattle is still favored to make the playoffs.

Rat

Reaction score
I wouldn't say I feel worse, but I feel less optimistic about the rest of the season than I normally do after we win. I haven't been able to catch much Seahawks football so far this year and assumed everyone was overreacting about the OL. They weren't. This OL looks like it's going to get Russell killed. Even if his season doesn't end short, I'm worried this is going to truncate his career.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Don't feel worse, but a little more worried, yes. I knew our o-line was bad, but dayum!

Exittium

Reaction score
I liked the Win and I'll take it.. but didn't like the fact that our Oline just seems to be on vacation or something.

kearly

Reaction score
Sometimes it's not just about the win, it's about avoiding a devastating loss. Had Seattle lost this game with such an epic 4th quarter collapse it would probably snowball into a doomed season.

Geologic

Reaction score
Nope, I'd feel terrible if they lossed. 2-2 is better then 1-3.

Seafan

Reaction score
Lynch out, three stupid turnovers and the Hawks pull it out. I'm feeling good.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Naw not at all. I feel strangely at peace with the clear understanding that this is just a mediocre seahawks team. They will win some close games, they will lose some. So I'm glad they won, but it's not like I'm freaking out thinking this will springboard them back to the SB. They clearly aren't that team anymore.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Actually this is the kind of win that could propel our entire season.

But the offense has to change everything overnight. The RO and many of our play action combo routes are dying due to the line. Time for an epic shift in mentality and philosophy or we sink with the ship.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2zdx8ymj said:
Naw not at all. I feel strangely at peace with the clear understanding that this is just a mediocre seahawks team. They will win some close games, they will lose some. So I'm glad they won, but it's not like I'm freaking out thinking this will springboard them back to the SB. They clearly aren't that team anymore.

They are a really good team, with a terrible oline

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":2gxd6i62 said:
Sometimes it's not just about the win, it's about avoiding a devastating loss. Had Seattle lost this game with such an epic 4th quarter collapse it would probably snowball into a doomed season.

Yea, I get this, and I agree.

I guess I'm just not sure how I can be optimistic about a team that struggled to score 13 points against a very bad Lions team (the only winless team in the league), at home, on Monday night.

Yes, we had 3 turnovers. It's not like the Lions did a lot of good things to force those turnovers. Lockett muffed a punt when no one was close to him, and Wilson is channeling his inner Christine Micheal by not being able to carry the ball in his sideline hand or protect said ball in the pocket.

When I say Detroit didn't "force" those turn overs, I'm saying they didn't Kam Chancellor anyone tonight. It was errors by us. We can't seem to clean up our act, and even though the defense played a nearly flawless game, we still almost lost. Our offense is so bad, the defense almost can't carry us anymore. A league average team beats us tonight.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
That's silly. We've had "crap" wins over the past two years. Guess what? They were still wins. Besides. The defense and kicking games were amazing tonight.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":147sj451 said:

Again with this?

Our oline has never been good.

Russell has always been Russell.

Our defense is lights out as always.

How is this team different than our last two?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I look at it this way. How many times did you think we should have absolutely won the game? Justified the crap out of it but in the end it was still a loss no matter how right you were (XL, Vinny). This is why a win is still a win has credence. We can always get better.