Painful to hear Bevell be "excited about the last game...."

mrt144

Reaction score
gcolby":1p7lk4bn said:
Apparently I watched a different game.

The most optimistic reading is he saw so many mistakes that are easy to rectify or capitalize on.

I'm dubious on that

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Maybe he was talking about Kam's exciting play at the end of the game? lol

Chapow

Reaction score
That quote really needs some context.

Chapow

Reaction score
DeeHawks":veiaubnc said:
Maybe he was talking about Kam's exciting play at the end of the game? lol

Exactly.

Without context, who the hell knows what he was talking about?

chris98251

Reaction score
It's Bevell, he is exicted with bubble screens when you have the best receiving TE in the game. Start with that and anything else is understandable.

chris98251

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":jmwcrzo3 said:
Another needless Bevell-bashing thread.

Yeah he runs a great offense, all those sacks are on Wilson, all the non throws to Graham because the sun was in his eyes, all the 200 yd rushing games we could have had becasue our RB's are saving themselves for the playoffs, all the points left on the fieild because we wanted to motivate the defense and special teams to score more.

el capitan

Reaction score
chris98251":pd6blr0g said:
theENGLISHseahawk":pd6blr0g said:

Yeah he runs a great offense, all those sacks are on Wilson, all the non throws to Graham because the sun was in his eyes, all the 200 yd rushing games we could have had becasue our RB's are saving themselves for the playoffs, all the points left on the fieild because we wanted to motivate the defense and special teams to score more.

Isn't the O-line and Run game Tom Cable's department?

Seems to me that all of the above can be attributed more to failings on his part than that of Bevell.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1n7wgxal said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1n7wgxal said:

Better than the Blame Bevell For Everything rhetoric. At least these sort of comments are people attempting to spread the blame/faults around.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Just reviewed the presser. The full quote being:

"Excited about the last game, you know, and being able to get the win. Obviously on offense it was a little bit of a struggle..."

So the excited part is referencing getting the win. Immediately followed was a concession that the offense is poo.

mrt144

Reaction score
el capitan":12w5032m said:
chris98251":12w5032m said:
theENGLISHseahawk":12w5032m said:

Seems to me that all of the above can be attributed more to failings on his part than that of Bevell.

Tom Cable is low hanging fruit on a tree that is throwing every dollar at something besides OL.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Actually, I agree with Bevell.
Overall, our offense looked much better in this game that in the three previous ones.
Yes, our O-Line was massively poor, but guess what ... we got first downs in the first half and actually moved the ball better than before.

I don't remember many three and outs (if any) in the first half. In the previous 3 games, we stunk in the first half, unable to move the chains. I don't remember many penalties in the first half at all either. We did not turn the ball over in the first half.

Furthermore, the Lions game had more diversity to the offense. We threw the ball on 3rd and 2, when everyone was expecting a run. We moved Russell out of the pockets. We had misdirections. Rawls ran forward. Lockett and Baldwin had some nice catches in the first half, ... etc.

The biggest issues came in the second half when we had the 3 turnovers , the untimely sacks (1st and goal, then we lose 30 yards because of sacks and penalties) and a few untimely penalties. I don't think those have anything to do with Bevell.

I expect our offense to expand and get better. I just hope the O-Line can look half way decent.

If I had to fire someone between Cable and Bevell, it would be Cable ...

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2c3d72ox said:
Actually, I agree with Bevell.
Overall, our offense looked much better in this game that in the three previous ones.
Yes, our O-Line was massively poor, but guess what ... we got first downs in the first half and actually moved the ball better than before.

I don't remember many three and outs (if any) in the first half. In the previous 3 games, we stunk in the first half, unable to move the chains. I don't remember many penalties in the first half at all either. We did not turn the ball over in the first half.

Furthermore, the Lions game had more diversity to the offense. We threw the ball on 3rd and 2, when everyone was expecting a run. We moved Russell out of the pockets. We had misdirections. Rawls ran forward. Lockett and Baldwin had some nice catches in the first half, ... etc.

The biggest issues came in the second half when we had the 3 turnovers , the untimely sacks (1st and goal, then we lose 30 yards because of sacks and penalties) and a few untimely penalties. I don't think those have anything to do with Bevell.

I expect our offense to expand and get better. I just hope the O-Line can look half way decent.

If I had to fire someone between Cable and Bevell, it would be Cable ...
Totally agree. And I really liked how we were utilizing Lockett more. Everyone bitches about bubble screens, like they're the most useless things under the sun, but Tyler was a shoestring tackle away from taking one of those buggers to the house. And everyone knows it.

Fred Jackson also had a nice flow going to his game, so it was a shame to see him rolled up on. Hopefully what we're hearing comes true that he seems to be on a fast healing pace. Hey, even B.J. had his first NFL reception, and it was a nice gainer.

And I thought Rawls really did hold up nicely. Yeah, we get sick of the stuffs at the line of scrimmage when the hole closes fast, but he found some yardage in open space and really fights hard once contact is made ... all while holding onto the ball.

Like you said Joe, take away those three second-half fumbles and we would have put them down without much of a whimper.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
el capitan":ewrwx12k said:
chris98251":ewrwx12k said:
theENGLISHseahawk":ewrwx12k said:

Noticed any recent adjustments to punish edge blitzes recently? Thought not.

The OC is in charge of the scheme which never seems to change up much to adjust to the realities of the weak OLine play or the increasing number of blitzes RW is facing.

I agree however that Cable needs to 'own' some of grumbling over weak OLine play and at times totally ineffective run blocking.

themunn

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1g2qeafv said:
Noticed any recent adjustments to punish edge blitzes recently? Thought not.

Pretty sure I read Russell went a perfect 7/7 against the blitz in his last game, so... yeah?
It's the pressure with 4 men fronts that are the problem.
Can't blame Bevell if 5 men can't beat 4