Did the Packers expose us?

tacoma248

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Needless to say, this has been a tremendously disappointing season. Hopefully a nice win on Thursday will turn the season around. The past few days, I've been trying to figure out what happened to our defense. At first I thought it was because we lost Cam but now he's back and it hasn't made a huge difference.

Looking back at the last few games, the origin of our defensive problems seems to be the NFCCG. We won, but the defense played poorly by our standards. The Packers might have only scored 22 points, but the really should have scored significantly more than that given all of their trips to the red zone. Could have easily put 30+ up on us. Plus they moved the ball very efficiently throughout the entire game. Since that game it's given up 20+ points in almost every game. Did the Packers figure something out in the NFCCG that has allowed the rest of the league to exploit our D?

marko358

Reaction score
Our defense looked just as bad against San Diego, Kansas City and Dallas last season.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
We don't run any crazy schemes on the defense to be exposed so I would say no. It's all about execution and talent. We can't question the talent on our defense but for some reason they aren't executing as well as they usually do.

RussB

Reaction score
cant really say that. Every team already knows we are mainly running cover 3 and cover 1. Like above posters said. Players arent playing like they should in the scheme

Hawks46

Reaction score
I completely disagree.

Our offense stunk to high hell that game.

With all the short fields the defense was given, I'd say they played pretty damn well that game.

OP
OP
T

tacoma248

Reaction score
It seems at the very least, that game began the string of giving up 4th quarter drives. Packers drive to tie the game, Patriots drive to win it, the more recent debacles, etc.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You forget late last year our D was pretty banged up in the playoffs.This year I have no explanation for except maybe they get worn out late because the offense doesn't drive the field enough to really rest them earlier.I'm sure the new DC and CB aren't doing us any favors either.This stuff can improve however bad it's been,look at the Eagles. I thought they were dead