Timing on the Dallas game

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
One of my clocks, in fact most of my clocks adjust for the time change next weekend. Do any of you think the fall back to Standard time will affect the team?
Will it affect the Dallas Fans?? LOL

Go Hawks.

Chawker

Reaction score
I'm thinking all the rain they have been getting (and will get from hurricane patricia) will have a greater effect on the Cowboys and fans more then one hour of their time.

RiverDog

Reaction score
If anything, the time change back to DST would help us as it turns a 2 hour travel time change to a 1 hour change. I've never bought into the time zone change having a huge effect on the traveling team anyway, just an excuse for poor play IMO. People in my parents generation would roll over in their graves if they heard today's professional athletes complaining about having to spend 3-4 hours on an airliner. Let them spend half a day on a school bus then play that night and see what they think of it.

The only difference to the Cow Puke fans would be that some of them might be so stupid as to forget to change their clocks they would show up at the game an hour earlier.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
RiverDog":2ke8z7gr said:
If anything, the time change back to DST would help us as it turns a 2 hour travel time change to a 1 hour change. I've never bought into the time zone change having a huge effect on the traveling team anyway, just an excuse for poor play IMO. People in my parents generation would roll over in their graves if they heard today's professional athletes complaining about having to spend 3-4 hours on an airliner. Let them spend half a day on a school bus then play that night and see what they think of it.

The only difference to the Cow Puke fans would be that some of them might be so stupid as to forget to change their clocks they would show up at the game an hour earlier.

Huh? You lost me. That 2 hour travel time changes to a 1 hour travel time? I hope I misunderstood because regardless of clock movement the players will be in the air the same amount of time.

I think the OP was asking how it may affect us considering we often struggle at 10am body clock starts and this one could potentially feel like starting at 9am. I could be wrong though.

Oh and as for your parents and the bus I am likely your parents age in my mid 50's and rode the bus to a different city back and forth to school and I am not turning over (let's go with in my chair). I fully believe the body gets conditioned to perform better at certain parts of the day once your accustomed to it. Trying to perform any task out of sequence will often end in lesser results.

Edit: Lets take getting out of bed for example. If you normally set your alarm for 7am after a while you will wake up at that time even if the alarm doesn't go off but if you had to get up an hour earlier you probably will find it more difficult and I can say with good certainty that you wouldn't automatically wake up an hour earlier if you forgot to set the alarm to do so.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
According to the Seahawks schedule on seahawks.com, the Dallas game is a 1PM PST game - not a 10AM game.

Time of game should not be an issue

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":28wr19d3 said:
According to the Seahawks schedule on seahawks.com, the Dallas game is a 1PM PST game - not a 10AM game.

That's good news. Surprising but good.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":336q70vb said:

Ya we only have 1 more early game and thats at the Vikings

A

Anonymous

RichNhansom":1r7abqet said:
Spleenhawk2.0":1r7abqet said:
According to the Seahawks schedule on Seahawks.com, the Dallas game is a 1PM PST game - not a 10AM game.

All correct.

All of us attending that game will get to party late Saturday night, will get to sleep-in Sunday morning (an extra hour), get to tailgate for several hours, and will be standing in front of our seats, screaming, at 3:00pm central.

It is known.

:mrgreen:

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I dont usually party late no more...but since I am going to a different timezone...I am gonna have an internal clock issue. Therefore I am gonna try to turn it off. I shall be up early on Sunday anyway. It is not a choice in my system. But my cat has been playing with my clock a lot. As you can see, this post is all over the place. That is what happens when my clock loses its spring. And my cat hid the dang spring too. 8)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm really glad the 10am games are almost done. Also glad that the Cowboys game isn't one.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":25a1tu3u said:
RichNhansom":25a1tu3u said:
Spleenhawk2.0":25a1tu3u said:
According to the Seahawks schedule on Seahawks.com, the Dallas game is a 1PM PST game - not a 10AM game.

All correct.

All of us attending that game will get to party late Saturday night, will get to sleep-in Sunday morning (an extra hour), get to tailgate for several hours, and will be standing in front of our seats, screaming, at 3:00pm central.

It is known.

And you all will be screaming even louder after the clock reads 0:00 at the end of the 4th quarter and the scoreboard shows the Hawks with more points than the Cowpatties.

It is known.

peppersjap

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2qkcjz70 said:
RichNhansom":2qkcjz70 said:
Spleenhawk2.0":2qkcjz70 said:

All correct.

It is known.

Love it, get to stay out late and sleep in before heading to the tailgate. I am so used to being up at 6 am for the home games, it will be a nice break.

Davidess

Reaction score
one thing to note with all this 10am talk is that the potential of the Ravens-Hawks SNF matchup being flexed to 10am grows with every passing week.

1-5 ravens and 3-4 hawks could be flexed for Steelers VS Bengals.
I don't know how game flexing goes but I imagine if the ravens continue there lolling we will have an additional 10am game in Baltimore.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Davidess":2fo7ymuf said:
one thing to note with all this 10am talk is that the potential of the Ravens-Hawks SNF matchup being flexed to 10am grows with every passing week.

I don't know how game flexing goes but I imagine if the ravens continue there lolling we will have an additional 10am game in Baltimore.
Good point... either that game or the ATL at CAR game.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Davidess":1ea8fxd9 said:

Yeah unfortunately a distinct possibility I'd say. If that happens it would only be fair and reasonable to have the start time be 4:00 PM Eastern/1:00 PM Pacific which means that it'll of course be a 10:00 AM start. SIGH!