I'm calling this shot now.

Maulbert

Reaction score
On Sunday January 3rd, 2016, at 1:25pm, as the game between the Hawks and Cards is kicking off, the Seahawks will be 11-4, already have a playoff spot clinched, and the only reason the game against the Cardinals might not be for the division is if the Cardinals are already out of the race.

Mark it down.

massari

Reaction score
I'll bet you bump this thread if this actually happens but let it rot away in the double digit pages if not.

Laloosh

Reaction score
massari":6l2kireq said:
I'll bet you bump this thread if this actually happens but let it rot away in the double digit pages if not.

So?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Where do the Rams figure in all this? I hate to say it but I think we write them off at our peril.

djb28

Reaction score
Nice. Are we playing Jacksonville every week the rest of the way?

sutz

Reaction score
Well, I have to say I like how you think. :th2thumbs:

But, as they say (whomever the hell 'they' are), we shall see. I consider it possible, if a bit unlikely. I will most certainly root for this as we go forward.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I think I'll save my broad declarations for after AZ. If we can handle that game, the rest of the year starts to look pretty good.

HawkerD

Reaction score
DeeHawks":2enoeya9 said:
Wow...bold prediction. I sure hope you're right !!!

Whats Bold about it? There is no down side for him if he is wrong. :les:

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1rohimoh said:
Where do the Rams figure in all this? I hate to say it but I think we write them off at our peril.

From my post, I obviously expect us to beat the Rams in Seattle, they haven't won here in 10 years. While they are clearly more talented than they have been, the Rams still have managed to lose stupid games from time to time. I expect them to lose at least 2 more games besides against Seattle, and it wouldn't surprise me if Arizona manages to nip them in St. Louis. I see St. Louis finishing 9-7 at best.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I don't see why this can't happen..GO HAWKS!!!

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":i4jgaib6 said:
UK_Seahawk":i4jgaib6 said:

From my post, I obviously expect us to beat the Rams in Seattle, they haven't won here in 10 years. While they are clearly more talented than they have been, the Rams still have managed to lose stupid games from time to time. I expect them to lose at least 2 more games besides against Seattle, and it wouldn't surprise me if Arizona manages to nip them in St. Louis. I see St. Louis finishing 9-7 at best.

Fair enough, sign me up for the play off express then.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
This would be amazing. The only really challenging games left are Minnesota and two times Arizona. These are true swing games where we might even be the underdog while we should be the clear favorites against everyone else. If we don't lose any random games on bad luck then I see us making at least 9-7. Which is a good start but the three aforementioned games will determine what our post-season will look like.

I'm not jumping on the 8-0 second half of the season bandwagon just yet. I could maybe see it happen if we beat Arizona after the bye though.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Overseasfan":f1mxak9o said:
I'm not jumping on the 8-0 second half of the season bandwagon just yet. I could maybe see it happen if we beat Arizona after the bye though.

Am I right in thinking that no team has ever done that and won the Superbowl in recent history? I remember being nervous last year because we had gone unbeaten and yet the stats suggested a token loss in the regular season actually helps. We obviously lost to the Cards and won the Superbowl yet last year we fell at the last hurdle despite being unbeaten down the stretch.

I wonder what the longest unbeaten run is if you include the superbowl.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Not saying we can't go to play-offs and potentially have a shot at the Superbowl if we don't beat the Cards but I simply don't feel like we are in a position to start thinking about undefeated runs. I feel like we truely have to take the games one at a time right now. At 4-4 there is just no room to underestimate teams and count games as wins beforehand.

The schedule allows for a good run but there are a couple of difficult games left so I'm not gonna jump on the hypetrain yet.