10 greatest Seahawks of all time

sutz

Reaction score
Was a pretty good series. Actually was top 40 players in honor of 40th season in league spread over several days. I'm sure there will be discussion. Personally, I think there might be too many modern era guys in the top 10 section, but it's kind of hard to argue with most of their picks.

:)

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I agree with the top 3 for sure. :D
I also think the modern era guys deserve to be there because of winning the Lombardi and getting back to the bowl the next year. Marshawn over Alexander is right because of the O Lines involved. I loved Mike Rob but he was no Mack Strong(who is vastly under rated in this poll). Other than that, I agree with the list for the most part.

drrew

Reaction score
I think Dave Krieg and Shaun Alexander are too low, the Legion of Boom are too high and are helped by recency bias. They may reach those heights before their careers are done, I just wouldn't have any of the 3 quite so high at this point.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'd swap Largent with Walt.. but not much argument from the rest.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
There are some people that think Alexander should be rated above Lynch. I suppose that is their right. He was the only Seahawk to be named NFL MVP but I always felt(yes, even then) he was a product of a monster offensive line(especially the left side) and monster blocking fullback(Strong). Strong is so under rated IMO. Anyways, to me Lynch gets the nod over Alexander because he does it without the line or a great blocking fullback. Lynch is a beast.
The LOB should be where they are and NONE of them are rated above the first
'BOOM" Mr. Kenny Easley, nor should they yet.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3a14tlj3 said:
I'd swap Largent with Walt.. but not much argument from the rest.
I would be fine with that too. Honestly, it's a toss up for me between Walt and Largent for my favorite Seahawk of all time. It pains me that neither one of those guys got a Lombardi.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3s9vz8vv said:
There are some people that think Alexander should be rated above Lynch. I suppose that is their right. He was the only Seahawk to be named NFL MVP but I always felt(yes, even then) he was a product of a monster offensive line(especially the left side) and monster blocking fullback(Strong). Strong is so under rated IMO. Anyways, to me Lynch gets the nod over Alexander because he does it without the line or a great blocking fullback. Lynch is a beast.
The LOB should be where they are and NONE of them are rated above the first
'BOOM" Mr. Kenny Easley, nor should they yet.

As much as I am an Alexander fan, Lynch gets the nod over him in my book too. Stats aside Lynch surpasses Alexander on the eyeball test. His yards are so much more violent and hard fought. We've had O Line issues during all of Lynch's tenure here. But just the true soldier that he is, he's carried this offense to multiple playoffs and a SB win. Plus some historical team moments like "Beastquake"!

seabowl

Reaction score
Having nothing to do with his stunt this year, no way in my book is Kam yet a top 10 Hawk. How he makes it ahead of the likes of Dave Krieg and even in my book Fred Young is crazy. He needs a few more years playing at a high level to make my top 10.

45Hawker

Reaction score
I've only skimmed the list, but initial thoughts on the rankings:

Too high: Marcus Trufant, Kam Chancellor

Too low: Dave Krieg, John L Williams

Missing: Darryl Williams, Shawn Springs, Norm Johnson, Sam Adams

Huh?: Fredd Young, Rufus Porter, Ricky Watters

grizbob

Reaction score
The list is invalid, it's not the end of time yet :roll: or :lol:

Milhawkee

Reaction score