Steeler forums and the officiating.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Was reading through some Stealer meltdowns on the forums... Apparently the officiating was all against them.. I even saw it said this was WAY worse than Super bowl XL. It just makes me LOL. I also saw a bunch of very classy posts that celebrated Graham hurting his knee. Stay classy pittsburgh! Lol..

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":2bn22jk2 said:
Was reading through some Stealer meltdowns on the forums... Apparently the officiating was all against them.. I even saw it said this was WAY worse than Super bowl XL. It just makes me LOL. I also saw a bunch of very classy posts that celebrated Graham hurting his knee. Stay classy pittsburgh! Lol..

Other than the iffy personal foul on Russ, what on earth would they be complaining about?

In fact, werent the penalties like 8-1 in the first half in favor of the Steelers?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":hhm0wtfh said:
Hollandhawk":hhm0wtfh said:

Other than the iffy personal foul on Russ, what on earth would they be complaining about?

In fact, werent the penalties like 8-1 in the first half in favor of the Steelers?

That personal foul on Russ was not iffy. Contact was made before he stepped out of bounds.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":jixcyu1n said:
Thought Rex was a Rams fan? Hmmmmm, rooting for 2 teams now dude?

OP
OP
H

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2iolsxjk said:
Hollandhawk":2iolsxjk said:

Apparently Sherman interfered with Antonio Brown about every play.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3s5xsrw7 said:
Hollandhawk":3s5xsrw7 said:

Probably figure we should have had our touchdowns taken away and that we had offensive holding when the defense was on the field, that Rubins interception should have been disallowed because he was not wearing the right number and that big Ben scored on that keeper, the refs had the wrong angle.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":3rcvqhwr said:
Hawkpower":3rcvqhwr said:
Hollandhawk":3rcvqhwr said:

Probably figure we should have had our touchdowns taken away and that we had offensive holding when the defense was on the field, that Rubins interception should have been disallowed because he was not wearing the right number and that big Ben scored on that keeper, the refs had the wrong angle.
I see what you did there Chris. GREAT post!

chris98251

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1hpry77a said:
Hollandhawk":1hpry77a said:
Thought Rex was a Rams fan? Hmmmmm, rooting for 2 teams now dude?

Yeah he celebrates any injuries that help his team not have to play teams at their best so they have a chance to win, he knows injuries and depletion are the Rams only chance.

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
In the first half Hawks 7 penalties and Steelers 0. Yep, they got they raw deal

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3o2cjaau said:
Hawkpower":3o2cjaau said:
Hollandhawk":3o2cjaau said:

That personal foul on Russ was not iffy. Contact was made before he stepped out of bounds.

Probably a bad call, however Russ had pulled up and was a step from the sideline.

The veracity of the hit, in the specific situation is what drew the flag.

Not as black and white as you paint it, but after the Arizona game, we have about 10 more coming our way anyway

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":4w6zx753 said:
Seanhawk":4w6zx753 said:
Hawkpower":4w6zx753 said:
Hollandhawk":4w6zx753 said:

Probably a bad call, however Russ had pulled up and was a step from the sideline.

The veracity of the hit, in the specific situation is what drew the flag.

Not as black and white as you paint it, but after the Arizona game, we have about 10 more coming our way anyway

I'm sorry, but pulling up and being a step from the sideline shouldn't matter. Part of the problem with officiating is that there are too many judgement calls which makes it harder on the officials. All I know is that if the situation was reversed, I would be pissed and this board would add it to the laundry list of calls the Seahawks got screwed on.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Not surprised about the personal foul on Russ. We got called for the same thing in San Diego last season, with Bruce Irvin giving a generous shove to Rivers as he was not out of bounds, but clearly headed out of bounds.

Both are bonehead plays IMO.

shawnsim

Reaction score
Yes. I read them. Everything the OP is saying is true.

What I got though was that their meltdown was alot like ours when we lose. Doom. Gloom. Blame certain coaches etc.

What's funny though is perspective. They view us as a Super Bowl caliber team. To them, their hate is justified because the Hawks are a great team. They are jealous.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
The situation does matter though. As a defender, you don't take that chance that close to the sideline for that very reason.

Don't give the refs a reason to use judgement. Dumb play by the defender.

And again, we deserve some iffy calls going our way after the Arizona game.

McG

Reaction score
It's the NFL. He's a guy with a speaker in his helmet, a face that makes the league money, and a guy who makes +$20 mil per year. The refs should and almost always, give a well known QB the benefit of the doubt in that situation. This isn't the '90's, '80's, '70's, etc. anymore. The league and the refs aren't going to allow a guy that's a well paid starting QB to get lit up, while slowing down to go out of bounds.

irocdave

Reaction score
You guys are going off in to the weeds over one semi questionable call. The Hawks were being hammered in the first half with calls against them, no replay from CBS just that dumb ass color commentator that sounded like he was drunk.

I have seen a couple of Stealers forums since the win, they are going off about the calls. I was on line back in 05 and witnessed the essence of the Stealers fan base, at least the ones that had a job, and a computer at the time. They are no doubt one of the dumbest and hypocritical fan base's in the NFL. For you guys seeing it for the first time, welcome to the hatred for Stealers and there fan base.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It would give me great pride and happiness for the Steeler fans to believe that crappy calls against them was the reason they missed the playoffs.

That the calls were iffy at best, makes it better.

Nothing was egregiously bad, but for the missed call on Sherman. And even that one was counterbalanced by the myriad calls they missed on the Steelers and their dirty play (I noticed they had a tendency to dive onto players who were already on the ground and down just a little bit after the whistle....it was consistent. Notice most FB players when a player is clearly down, they come up and touch them to assure they are down - Steelers were putting hits on guys that were clearly down.)

It is a very good offense with a frankly, crappy defense - so I don't know what they are complaining about as it isn't like they would be doing anything in the playoffs anyway.

Kicking them into the "other teams" pile for the Wildcard was probably doing them a favor.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
irocdave":40wqr9oe said:
You guys are going off in to the weeds over one semi questionable call. The Hawks were being hammered in the first half with calls against them, no replay from CBS just that dumb ass color commentator that sounded like he was drunk.

I have seen a couple of Stealers forums since the win, they are going off about the calls. I was on line back in 05 and witnessed the essence of the Stealers fan base, at least the ones that had a job, and a computer at the time. They are no doubt one of the dumbest and hypocritical fan base's in the NFL. For you guys seeing it for the first time, welcome to the hatred for Stealers and there fan base.
I second this.

It's amazing how they have no problems with the crapshow that was XL* since they benefited from the bad calls, but when a couple may have gone against them "they wuz robbed"..... After XL* the stealer hilljacks have ZERO room to complain about officiating for the rest of their lives. As they were saying after XL*, "Good teams can overcome bad officiating!"...... well, that gate swings both ways right? And for the record Seattle was penalized 2 more times today than Pissburg and for more yardage. This game wasn't in the same universe as XL*

The hypocritical and generally not very intelligent stealer fanbase makes the Cowboys, Cheatriots, and Niners fanbases look very slightly less moronic as a whole.

irocdave

Reaction score
This was a regular season game with the typical questionable calls and non calls. I think the Hawks were overly penalized in the first half and the Stealers got away with holding on every offensive play but we not called. The calls start to even out in the second half and yes, it was a questionable call on the shove on RW at the sideline but it was evident he gave up yet the shove lasted through going out of bounds. Sherm shoving the receiver after 5 yards? No foul, the receiver shoved him first, dude fell down on his own and RS ran his route for him and picked the ball off. Should have been offsetting penalties if they wanted to go down that road. I still cant get past two of the NFLS premiere pass rushers just disappearing the entire game. Not once did the Stealers O line hold? Holding can be called on every play, but not called once today on the Stealers. I was busy watching the action but this just seems weird. I saw a leg whip that took Avril out during a play but no replay. Wonder how many other times that happened.

Stealers have zero to bitch about with calls. This wasn't the debacle of SB40, not even close. Any Stealer fan that brings this up is just as hypocritical as I have been saying they are. They got beat by a better team today. Wish they would have played in Seattle a couple more times over the last 13 years....wonder why that didn't happened. Yea, we know why.

Stealers fans can suck it. You got beat, again, in Seattle. You also got a SB handed to you at the behest of the Hawks. Deal with it. You cant rewrite history. Nobody saw SB40 the same way as you, actually hope you get one taken away just like we did, against us. THAT will make it equal in my scorebook. Until then, keep getting close to another SB run and being the fan base I have grown to hate.

Cartire

Reaction score
The blatant facemask hold on Avril on one of the plays towards the end of the first half. They replayed a ton of times because Ben through a 40 yard bomb. Over and over they showed Avril get his helmet almost shoved off.