CBS Crew

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Phil Simms is just the worst. And Mike Carey? How was that idiot ever an NFL ref? His expert opinion is rarely correct. Just terrible.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Carey saying Kam's pick should be ruled an incompletion... just ludicrous, idiotic.

kearly

Reaction score
It's almost as if Mike Carey has a broadcast job so that Mike Pereira can look smart for being right slightly more than half the time.

seahawksteve

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Carey awful when he did Seattle games?

Always seemed to have a call or two against Seattle, Cleveland game few years back come to mind when we started CBJ.

Did find it funny that after the kam pick, Nantz did damage control for Carey since every time they went to him he was terrible.

OP
OP
Reaneypark

Reaneypark

Reaction score
seahawksteve":1ocpenm8 said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Carey awful when he did Seattle games?

Always seemed to have a call or two against Seattle, Cleveland game few years back come to mind when we started CBJ.

Did find it funny that after the kam pick, Nantz did damage control for Carey since every time they went to him he was terrible.

Yes, he seemed to have an agenda against the Hawks, plus he was a showboating a-hole who didn't belong in the NFL.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Nantz did everything but tell the audience that Carey was doped up on cold meds.

The guy who wasn't in the NFL was the only one who could get anything right. SMH.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":1egbh0oz said:
I hate CBS games, even their background music going to commercials stink. Simms has a hard on for Ben and Tomlin.

Was it Simms that blurted out Graham is hurt or injured (one of those) rather than he is down or is in pain type of comment?

I thought it sounded way to much like he seen it as a positive instead part of the game. Noticed things like that constantly through the game.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
How long until someone starts a petition banning them from Seahawks broadcasts? :roll:

CPHawk

Reaction score
The replay guy is an idiot. He kept trying to say Kams int was dual possession, even thought it was clearly not until the went out.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I thought the ref blew the play dead before the ball came out. Too bad Mike Carey didn't see that. Simms and Carey didn't realize that that pick play didn't turn the game in our favor, the game winning TD did that.

Even if the Steelers did get a TD or a FG, they would have a slim chance with such little time left to recover the ball and score again.

253hawk

Reaction score
CBS has crappy analysts, worse color guys, bad sideline reporters, a yawn-worthy pre and post-game, and boring production (weak/generic bumper music and half-assed locale shots of the cities). And I'm not sure what is up with their cameras, but it seems like they lack color and vibrance compared to FOX and NBC.

They're a bunch of old AFC cast-offs that should stick to boring AFC games. Plus you've gotta sit there and stare at Tracy Wolfson's mole.

Wartooth

Reaction score
It was insufferable!
I had the game muted most of the time...
Can't remember if they ever showed those two in the booth?
Was Simm's wearing a Stealer jersey; and clutching a pee stained towel?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
One of the few games I actually had to mute for awhile. Phil Simms could not have been more glaringly pro Steelers and/or anti Seattle. It was actually sort of embarassing. Most of all it was just really annoying, it was clear that he wanted all the calls to go for the Steelers and he did not do a great job of hiding it, he also took several passive aggressive little digs at the Seahawks, I'm glad he got to enjoy our win :).