Why are we on fox this week?

seahawksny

Reaction score
Doesn't it follow the the road team when its interconference?

I feel like the announcers haven't been this bad in years. Thom Brenneman calling game, doesn't that mean that the ever so eloquent siragusa will be on sidelines? :sarcasm_on:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
all I know is that I'm watchin any games on mute if I have to listen to tony siragusa throw up all over an otherwise acceptable broadcast, or listen to phill simms ramble on and on and on until he's completely forgotten about what the hell he's even talking about.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Here's a typical phil simms:

"Well the linebacker does a good job in coverage and the line does a poor job of blocken 'eem, so when the back releases, cranberry tomatoe, on a sunday, you know, of course, purple sausage beach ball quarterback, gets into the flat, and you can't do that of course, if you're going to be an NFL receiver."

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":11ow765z said:
all I know is that I'm watchin any games on mute if I have to listen to tony siragusa throw up all over an otherwise acceptable broadcast, or listen to phill simms ramble on and on and on until he's completely forgotten about what the hell he's even talking about.

Attachments

• 200_s.gif
    200_s.gif
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,104

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawknballs":g0sly6ug said:

"Well the linebacker does a good job in coverage and the line does a poor job of blocken 'eem, so when the back releases, cranberry tomatoe, on a sunday, you know, of course, purple sausage beach ball quarterback, gets into the flat, and you can't do that of course, if you're going to be an NFL receiver."

You forgot to mention the 1500 name drops he does over the course of the broadcast

"Well Jeeeem, when I talked to (blank).."

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2muyxktw said:
Hawknballs":2muyxktw said:

You forgot to mention the 1500 name drops he does over the course of the broadcast

"Well Jeeeem, when I talked to (Johnny about Johnny being Johnny).."

F I F Y.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3jy7ieiv said:
..........or listen to phill simms ramble on and on and on until he's completely forgotten about what the hell he's even talking about.
I'm goin' to Disneyland! (cuz I'll fit right in with Mickey Mouse)

olyfan63

Reaction score
Do I just have way lower expectations of the announcers? Heck, I figure if the play-by-play guys get the names right and the down and distance, that's 80% of the battle. Getting any actual relevant analysis is an unexpected bonus.
I haven't tried listening to the radio recently; do they make radio way out of sync with the action now, to thwart watching the game with sound down and radio on?

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Yeah Simms is awful, but overall I like the CBS guys better. Raible and Moon of course reign supreme, so yeah I often listen, but sometimes the sync issue is annoying.

I do miss Al Michaels though, one of the best to ever call games.

Skottt

Reaction score
olyfan63":3rdfp1vb said:
Do I just have way lower expectations of the announcers? Heck, I figure if the play-by-play guys get the names right and the down and distance, that's 80% of the battle. Getting any actual relevant analysis is an unexpected bonus.
I haven't tried listening to the radio recently; do they make radio way out of sync with the action now, to thwart watching the game with sound down and radio on?

This season I've muted my TV for every game, and listened to Raible and Moon via 710's website. The audio is out of sync, but it's delayed, so if you have a DVR you can just pause it until the audio catches up.

I wouldn't do it if I couldn't pause live TV, it's too far out of sync, about 1 minute.

There are also other radio stations that have online feeds, and some of them are more closely timed with the TV, but the audio quality isn't as good as 710's.

potatohead

Reaction score
Nothing beats Gruden on Monday night saying "if the Giants want to win this game they're going to have to outscore the Dolphins."

olyfan63

Reaction score
Skottt":1f3qg0mk said:
olyfan63":1f3qg0mk said:

This season I've muted my TV for every game, and listened to Raible and Moon via 710's website. The audio is out of sync, but it's delayed, so if you have a DVR you can just pause it until the audio catches up.

I wouldn't do it if I couldn't pause live TV, it's too far out of sync, about 1 minute.

There are also other radio stations that have online feeds, and some of them are more closely timed with the TV, but the audio quality isn't as good as 710's.

Thanks for the info! That's what I was worried about.
Nice idea to do the pause-live-tv to sync up the audio and video.