What I'm looking forward to this game

Hawks46

Reaction score
This is kind of a cool game, even though it won't be a good viewable game for a neutral fan (or Browns fan) and we're heavily favored. There are some questions that can be answered, and I'm looking forward to it:

Can Russell Wilson carry the team ? It's been put on the defense, on Lynch, etc....but the knock on Wilson is that he can't carry a team. There will be no Lynch, no Rawls. We actually might have to go pass heavy. I think he can do it (against a poor pass defense, but still), and he'll prove it to the nation.

Just how improved is our OL ? We're trotting out a stable of RB's that pretty much every other team in the NFL didn't want. Coleman is a converted FB. Brown and Michael weren't even on a roster and Jackson might be the only guy anyone else in the NFL would've wanted. If we can grind out 100 yards on the ground (discounting runs by Wilson), then we'll know our OL has arrived.

Also I can see a lot of blitzed and pressure on Wilson, knowing that we have to pass. Keeping Wilson clean, and creating a consistent pocket for him would also prove a point.

Just how valuable is Kam Chancellor ? Cleveland can pass the ball Manziel threw for a decent amount on SF, at SF, where their defense isn't bad at home. Personally, I think Chancellor has had a few good games, and has flashed, but he's been pretty average this season. I'd like to see if the defense maintains it's torrid pace with Chancellor out.

How will Clark look replacing Bennett ? I haven't read if Bennett and Chancellor are out, but if I'm Pete, I'm resting them. The Rams just handily beat a team in playoff contention that had momentum. They're not completely dead yet, and they always have an axe to grind with us. I'd rest both players against this Cleveland squad. So, can Clark carry the load without having Bennett on the other side of the line ? The Browns can concentrate on him with Bennett out.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm not sure I would rest anyone for the entire game. Lighter than normal reps and an early hook? Sure. But I would still play them. Hell, I'd do that with Marshawn if he was available.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Good post man. Lots to look at.
I'm guessing Bennett plays around 50% of the snaps.
Don't think Kam plays.
The o-line is what I'm most interested in.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
This is indeed a very curious game.

Can't wait to see how it all plays out. I'm excited to watch Manziel and see if there is any semblance of poise..in addition to everything you stated about the Hawks.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawks46":3nwezisg said:
Can Russell Wilson carry the team ? It's been put on the defense, on Lynch, etc....but the knock on Wilson is that he can't carry a team. There will be no Lynch, no Rawls. We actually might have to go pass heavy. I think he can do it (against a poor pass defense, but still), and he'll prove it to the nation.

I would argue that Wilson has more than proved that he can carry this team these past few weeks. Historically even.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
The only thing that worries me about our next run to the SB is injuries depleting our thin depth but its something everyone has to worry about so just hope for a injury free game
I'd like to see Kam's replacement play very well if nothing else , just to show him hes replaceable cuz he is definitely not playing like he has in the past. It seems like there is no reason to fear bam bam this year

johnnyfever

Reaction score
We have to run a lot this game with the new guys to get them game time experience in our format. If the game is too close toward the end we will probably do whatever is needed to win, but we need to get several of the backups up to speed. We have 3 easier games. Browns, cards because it most likely wont matter win or lose, and the nfc east division winner. After that, we have to play the best in the nfl. With lynch being a question mark, we have to develop a multi faceted approach without stars at the RB position. 3 to 4 yards per carry will get it done the way russell is playing.

chris98251

Reaction score
Earl and McCray getting on the same page, this could be important going forward.