Tyler's Odds of Winning Rookie of the Year?

joeseahawks

Reaction score
What's his competition? Geno Smith? :sarcasm_off:
Maybe Winston and Mariota?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Gurley will get it.

Like Cam, he got all the press clippings and all the momentum. For both it was decided weeks ago.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
sc85sis":2x6t4zwj said:
He has over 1700 all purpose yards and 8 TDs.

According to Wesseling at NFL.com it is actually 1915 all purpose yards.

(OT) He also said Russ is the first QB to have 4K+ passing, 30+ TDs and 500+ rushing yards...

OP
OP
sc85sis

sc85sis

Reaction score
Cooper has fewer total yards and TDs but more yards as a WR.

Gurley has fewer yards but more TDs and he played fewer games because of the knee injury.

It'll probably go to Gurley, but I definitely think Tyler has a case.

Rat

Reaction score
Cooper had 70+ catches for over 1000 yards. Lockett is a great returner, but I doubt that'll be enough to move him past Cooper in the OROY race.

Should have been Rawls.

rjdriver

Reaction score
It would be nice. Very unlikely though. We are definitely due though, we've never had a ROY on either side of the ball in our team history.

I think out best rookie ever was Curt Warner, and he happened to be drafted in the greatest draft ever unfortunately.

Reaction score
rjdriver":js5kz4xh said:
It would be nice. Very unlikely though. We are definitely due though, we've never had a ROY on either side of the ball in our team history.

I think out best rookie ever was Curt Warner, and he happened to be drafted in the greatest draft ever unfortunately.

Wasn't Easley rookie of the year in the AFC?

rjdriver

Reaction score
The Great Hawktini":sdruyg0r said:
rjdriver":sdruyg0r said:

Defensive player of the year, but not ROY. I believe LT was ROY in Ken's rookie year. Too lazy to check though.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
David Johnson, anyone? Or does he not have the yards required at RB?

I'd love to see Ty the fly get it. I think he has a very strong case. I'll be shocked if Winston gets it. Gurley too. While he started off red hot, he really slowed down. I think for the entire season, Tyler was the most consistent rookie, whether it be in returns, receiver, or both. He blew me away.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
The Great Hawktini":3srjuvzh said:
rjdriver":3srjuvzh said:

You're thinking of Aaron Curry.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Lockett has been terrific, but his ROY chances are virtually zero. Being a Pro Bowler is very nice consolation prize.

Interestingly, Lockett's 139 punt return yards today was over half the amount he had in games 1-15 combined (240). In fact, entering today's game Lockett only ranked 21st out of 25 qualifiers in punt return average (6.7), which is to say he'd ostensibly been a total non-factor since his 57 yard TD return to start the season in St. Louis. After today's game, his average jumped to 9.5, which should allow him to finish in the top 10 in the league, thanks pretty much entirely to the two bookend games of the season.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":knmh8zm3 said:
rjdriver":knmh8zm3 said:

Rick Mirer.
I believe that Jerome Bettis won that year... 1993?

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":34rmug1t said:
peachesenregalia":34rmug1t said:
rjdriver":34rmug1t said:

Rick Mirer.

You're right. Mirer was ROY in his 3rd season.

Threedee

Reaction score
If they would have worked him into the WR corps early and more often, he would have had a shot at it.

Seymour

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":1elwpdb2 said:
onanygivensunday":1elwpdb2 said:
peachesenregalia":1elwpdb2 said:
rjdriver":1elwpdb2 said:

Rick Mirer.

You're right. Mirer was ROY in his 3rd season.

Huh?
ROY is rookie of the year, correct?

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
The media gave it to Gurley as soon as he was drafted. But whatever, he can cradle it on his couch while he watches Lockett play this weekend.