Beast Mode's back in the house

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
As expected. Just in time for the playoffs, although his status for next week's game is yet to be determined.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/710ESPNSeattle/status/684085612584910848[/tweet]

Carroll said Lynch was working out Monday morning. He was asked what the team would need to see from Lynch this week for him to be able to play Sunday in Seattle's first-round playoff game against Minnesota.

"Just normal football stuff. The week, we'll go through it and see how he does and see if he's holding up and all that. We'll just assess it," Carroll said. "This is not rocket science. We're just going to go out there and play some football and see how he's doing. I know he's going to be in great shape and all that stuff. He's worked his butt off to get that done, and couldn't ask for more in that regard."

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm not too worried about Lynch this game. It would be nice to get him about 10 touches to knock the rust off, but we can beat Minny without Lynch.

I'm just pumped and jacked that we are getting Lynch back in time to make an epic playoff run.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
:0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

I'm guessing 10-12 touches as well to gear him up for a heavier load the following week if the Hawks win. Welcome back Beast.

BTW, didn't I hear on the broadcast yesterday he was working out 8 hours a day NOT including breaks? Wow, just wow.

naholmes

Reaction score
I'm sure Lynch is in tip top shape but the extreme cold might be a shock to the cardiovascular system after the layoff. They should ease him in during the first half and then let him Beast during the second half, as needed :lol:

Threedee

Reaction score
With his pass catching and blocking skills, he could start ahead of Jackson as the 3rd Down RB.

sutz

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3ucykqf7 said:
sc85sis":3ucykqf7 said:
It's possible all the ab work he's had to do could also help his back.
VERY good point.
Yeah, that core work kind of works everything between the ribs and hips, hopefully.

Too bad there are no more contact practices. Would be nice to see him take a few hits just to get him into 'football' shape.

We'll see come Sunday morning. I'm expecting good things. :th2thumbs:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
sutz":1qij21b5 said:
Too bad there are no more contact practices. Would be nice to see him take a few hits just to get him into 'football' shape.

We'll see come Sunday morning. I'm expecting good things. :th2thumbs:

I'm guessing that is one of the reasons he was practicing away from the team. Being away from team sponsored and approved activities, there was no restriction on padded/contact practice.

-bsd

Zorn76

Reaction score
Playing on Sunday gives him an extra day to prepare as well.

Don't have to force 20+ carries to him, but if he's healthy he'll play plenty in Minny.

djb28

Reaction score
AWESOME. But.. I hope they do not takes a step back thinking they need to force the issue he is back and go back to that fluff passing game we had before!

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
djb28":13e0m2u7 said:
AWESOME. But.. I hope they do not takes a step back thinking they need to force the issue he is back and go back to that fluff passing game we had before!

Keeping in mind the success we've seen with the play calling recently, and the statement Cable said regarding Lynch having to adapt to it, I think we're gonna be alright there.