PC Loyalty to the Coaches

JPatera76

Reaction score
Is Ultimately what is hurting this team. I swear, its his biggest down fall.

And it was on display today. Bevell and Cable both went back to forcing it to lynch (The very thing they said they wouldnt do and he would have to adjust to the "new offense" the "new team").. and it failed with the Oline.
Kris Richards, sucks as DC, he calls everything soft. They very thing seattle isn't. With him this defense reminds me of The hot and cold defense Gus would call. OR even more hot and cold.. Holmgren defenses.

hawkporvida

Reaction score
couldnt AGREE with you more bud .... lets hope for a blowout by the panthers to finally see some changes ..... bet norton is smiling in oakland

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
You guys get that we're in our second playoff game this year, played in the Super Bowl last year, won the Super Bowl the previous year, and also won a playoff game the year before that, right? No team in the NFL has had more success than the Seahawks since Pete Carroll took over.

If that's doing it wrong, I really have to question who you think is doing it so much better.

hawkporvida

Reaction score
call them what you want but Belicheat will make changes and his QB speaks out ... unlike the QB here ..

hawkporvida

Reaction score
point is they 4 superbowl we have 1 ... oh and brady won them all .... not a fan of them whats so ever but appreciate they will do what ever to WIN and thats the point

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
So your bar for success is 4 Super Bowls and Carroll is in his 6th year. Belichick is in his 16th year.

I suggest you put aside your unrealistic expectations and pause to appreciate what Carroll has done for this franchise.

Vetamur

Reaction score
You ever stop to think that PCs loyalty is also what makes the team great? Its part of the system he asks players and coaches to buy into.

BS reasoning in the post anyway.. Seahawks lost because of those 2 quick scores they gave up.. one was all on the D.. second Russ was pressured by a Pro Bowl DT with 11 sacks.

That staff everyone complains about has gotten us pretty far 4 straight years..

Im proud of them

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
JPatera76":3arydfs8 said:

And it was on display today. Bevell and Cable both went back to forcing it to lynch (The very thing they said they wouldnt do and he would have to adjust to the "new offense" the "new team").. and it failed with the Oline.
Kris Richards, sucks as DC, he calls everything soft. They very thing seattle isn't. With him this defense reminds me of The hot and cold defense Gus would call. OR even more hot and cold.. Holmgren defenses.

Kris Richard the one with the number one scoring defense in the league sucks. I can stop reading your post now.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
There is so much to be said for continuity on the staff. His coaches are quite talented and I hope they're all back.

hawk45

Reaction score
Bevell has some fantastic head scratching play calls but going back to a run heavy attack with Lynch's return smells like Pete to me, thinking this game would follow the script of previous games vs the Panthers and making a poor, conservative decision.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":excg3f2x said:
The Patriots have less success over the past 4 years than the Seahawks. Try again.

But not with the talent the Seahawks have. When the Patriots have had this level of talent over the last decade and a half, they have never missed a Super Bowl.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawk45":3szv54ko said:
........going back to a run heavy attack with Lynch's return smells like Pete to me, thinking this game would follow the script of previous games vs the Panthers and making a poor, conservative decision.
In fairness to Bevell, this is quite likely IMO as well.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
JPatera76":5scvh9dj said:
Bevell and Cable both went back to forcing it to lynch (The very thing they said they wouldnt do and he would have to adjust to the "new offense" the "new team")

He had six carries in the entire game.

They did not force anything to Lynch, unless you call running on the first offensive play 'forcing it'.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":12a8bqbd said:
JPatera76":12a8bqbd said:

Kris Richard the one with the number one scoring defense in the league sucks. I can stop reading your post now.

then feel free to see yourself out.

The facts remain. This group continues to shoot itself in the foot. They are the most talented team in the league and will go out and puke all over themselves for half a game. The patriots don't have near our talent but they just flat execute with what they have.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
OpHawk":1refl8hv said:
Year of The Hawk":1refl8hv said:
JPatera76":1refl8hv said:

then feel free to see yourself out.

The facts remain. This group continues to shoot itself in the foot. They are the most talented team in the league and will go out and puke all over themselves for half a game. The patriots don't have near our talent but they just flat execute with what they have.

Gee lets just fire everyone that isn't performing to your standard. Whatever that standard may be. I guess if we don't win the Super Bowl every year we need to fire all coaches and coordinators. We are not perfect but we are a far cry from panicking and sucking. If you love the Patriots so much I am sure there is room on there message boards for you as well. I would rather do it our way then the Patriots way. And yes even the Patriots lose games and don't go to the Super Bowl every year. And guess what they don't blow up there coaching staff every year they don't.

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawk45":225ks3xe said:
Bevell has some fantastic head scratching play calls but going back to a run heavy attack with Lynch's return smells like Pete to me, thinking this game would follow the script of previous games vs the Panthers and making a poor, conservative decision.

We underestimated the Panthers offense and prepared a too-conservative game plan. To me, that is 99% on Pete.
Pete needed to understand the Panthers were going to score on us and to game plan an offensive shootout that we win by attacking their weakened secondary. We failed to allow for the quality of their pass rush and nearly got Russell killed, as well as having the two picks.

This one's on Pete. He wanted to believe HIS great defense could totally shut down the Carolina offense. Bad gamble.

jkitsune

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2s6ql9pt said:
JPatera76":2s6ql9pt said:
Bevell and Cable both went back to forcing it to lynch (The very thing they said they wouldnt do and he would have to adjust to the "new offense" the "new team")

He had six carries in the entire game.

They did not force anything to Lynch, unless you call running on the first offensive play 'forcing it'.

Yeah, this odd narrative that they changed their gameplan to force-feed Lynch or that they were 'run-heavy' or that, really, the play-calling is the reason we fell behind is a bit bizarre.

The game opened with a TD on 4 plays (I think?), then a pick-6, and a little while later, another pick that was caused by Russ being hit as he was throwing. They barely ran after that.