Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/688792633347448833[/tweet]

OP
OP
C

cesame

Reaction score
Cost them today and should have cost them vs GB in the NFCCG

It's tough because I really think Seattle is better than Carolina. I was more worried about Arizona.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
This is one of those things Pete will be ultra stubborn about and convince himself it's not a problem. We can point out the obvious all we want, but he won't change his philosophy. This team plays with no heart in the first half of big games. That's just who they are. Perhaps an example of senility creeping in on the old man.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Maybe he needs to change his can you win it 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th quarter crap because the answer to all of those statements is YES!

This team is literally taking this seriously especially wilson. He has been pathetic in first halves.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Today it was about offensive philosophy. IN the first half we ran pass routes like the first half of the season, mostly slow developing plays, and like in the first half of the season our oline could not hold up. In the 2nd half of the game we went to the offense we ran in the 2nd half of the season, providing Wilson with, long, routes, short routes, and intermediate routes, and we moved the ball, our oline looked better. Why they did not start that way who knows, well we all know Bevel.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Really hard to pin this on Pete. Stewart breaks a big run, Panthers score a couple plays later.. then first pass is housed back by Kuechly thanks to.. you guessed it.. the OL blowing protection immediately

Before they could blink they were down 14.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":ia5z12t6 said:
Really hard to pin this on Pete. Stewart breaks a big run, Panthers score a couple plays later.. then first pass is housed back by Kuechly thanks to.. you guessed it.. the OL blowing protection immediately

He could have opened the offense up sooner than the 2nd half though

mikeak

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3720cvk4 said:

0-14 - agree before you blink

0-31 - different story

mrt144

Reaction score
Anthony!":1hywzzcy said:
Today it was about offensive philosophy. IN the first half we ran pass routes like the first half of the season, mostly slow developing plays, and like in the first half of the season our oline could not hold up. In the 2nd half of the game we went to the offense we ran in the 2nd half of the season, providing Wilson with, long, routes, short routes, and intermediate routes, and we moved the ball, our oline looked better. Why they did not start that way who knows, well we all know Bevel.

To be fair, the panthers played more conservative defense in the 2nd half. It's a mistake to give RW time to execute because he will.

BlueOne

Reaction score
The Panthers weren't actually THAT conservative in the second half. They just got beat. I saw them blitz a number of times and if you recall we had people get open downfield with no safety over the top multiple times. On offense, no team can run consistently against the Seahawks and they had no success outside of the big first run which is basically what you'd expect. They did throw the ball a bit less though I'm sure than normal.

Falcons, Redskins, Packers, and now Panthers playoff games over the last 4 seasons have had some really awful starts.

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/KevinShockey/status/688844317935312896[/tweet]

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Not preparing for the footing/field conditions. Trying to go to Lynch who's been away from the game for months. Letting Olson repeatedly get open.
These are all major contributers to our loss and should have been better planned by coaching.
Panthers were better prepared and deserve the win.

mrt144

Reaction score
BlueOne":1bivnple said:
The Panthers weren't actually THAT conservative in the second half. They just got beat. I saw them blitz a number of times and if you recall we had people get open downfield with no safety over the top multiple times. On offense, no team can run consistently against the Seahawks and they had no success outside of the big first run which is basically what you'd expect. They did throw the ball a bit less though I'm sure than normal.

Falcons, Redskins, Packers, and now Panthers playoff games over the last 4 seasons have had some really awful starts.

There were cushions on the outside that opened up the out routes and they were there for the taking. In general the play calling was much more tempo in the 2nd half and part of that was taking what was there. That this kind of shift only happens when it absolutely needs to or against mediocre defenses is mind boggling at times.

Threedee

Reaction score
northseahawk":18ot15ml said:
Maybe he needs to change his can you win it 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th quarter crap because the answer to all of those statements is YES!

This team is literally taking this seriously especially wilson. He has been pathetic in first halves.
Worst advice a coach can offer players, other than cheating, classless play, and sabotage. I have disagreed with Pete from the moment I heard him first utter it. If nothing else, it must have an impact on players that is bad psychologically.

The Outfield

Reaction score
It's not just slow starts to games, it's slow starts to seasons as well.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":11fvj4y6 said:
Poor qb play in the first half is a factor as well.
This is true especially on that pick 6 ..

Seanhawk

Reaction score
jake206":282mjgy6 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/KevinShockey/status/688844317935312896[/tweet]

I had a bad feeling from the start when Erin Andrews reported that the Seahawk players were complaining about the turf. Not about the field being a problem, but that the players thought it was a problem.