Russell Wilson's Top 10 Plays

Scottemojo

Reaction score
No other QB is going to have a top ten list that features both turning chicken shit into chicken salad on damn near every one of the top 10 plays of his year.

I also thought both 8 and 7 were so clearly Russ the baseball player type passes. At least 2 or three times a game his baseball past shows up in a pass.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Great plays by Russell, and horrific Oline blocking on almost every one of those plays

iigakusei

Reaction score
Watch Britt on all those plays - good lord he is awful.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I counted 5 QB hits on those 10 plays, hopefully the O-line will be a strength next year.

Rob12

Reaction score
I really don't think we realize what we have here.

Russell Wilson is a generational talent. I mean, the guy is an absolute monster and has transformed this football team.

Play No. 2 - avoids the rush, gets the throw off, and takes a monster hit. Pops right back up to see how the rest of the play develops.

Russell Wilson is Seahawks football. You couldn't pay me to take any other QB in the league than him.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Quite a lot of those went to Kearse. His stronghold seems to be getting open on broken plays, which means he might be more valuable for this team than his numbers suggest.

Now that the team has made an investment on QB, it has to invest in protecting him as well. This means less cap space for skill players and more for O-line. Wilson has to be able to lift whatever talent he is provided with.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
4x pass to Kearse
2x pass to Baldwin
1x pass to Lockett
1x pass to Graham
1x pass to Lockette
1x rush

This again proves Kearse is the real go to target in iffy situations. I stand my ground we have to keep him as long as he doesn't get too expensive.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":10jgugsu said:
Great plays by Russell, and horrific Oline blocking on almost every one of those plays

Wrong, wrong, wrong...he obviously is "holding the ball too long." "Nothing wrong" with our pass protection...."move along!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll:

redhawk253

Reaction score
Let me get this straight.. some random video comprised of a random persons favorite 10 plays (those most certainly are not russ actual top 10 plays this season, video was very underwhelming as far as what weve seen russ do.) But anyhow yeah.. this random top 10 wilson plays supposedly determines the worth of a guy since he was in 40 percent of em?

So out of the 1050 snaps wilson took this season.. these 10 mostly broken plays, less than 1 percent of our offensive snaps this year.. should determine who we should pay and keep to play in our scheme because clearly were switching over to a full time scheme that calls for the o line to get blown up every snap and wilson to just wing it and find kearse apparently.

Lmao.. do you guys even realize how silly you sound?

I think you just saw the majority of kearses catches in these scenarios in that vid tho. Baldwin was and is still the main guy that gets open.. but lockett was constantly the bail out guy late in the season numerous times a game made some great sideline tightrope catches too.

All for resigning kearse cheap but dont overpay the guy he is literally a wr 4 on most other teams.

Lockett will be starting regardless next season. He is going to be a stud and really break out next year.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Why in the world does a highlight reel of the team's QB need to turn into a mashing about one of the WR's?

mrt144

Reaction score
redhawk253":zwjrnsua said:
Let me get this straight.. some random video comprised of a random persons favorite 10 plays (those most certainly are not russ actual top 10 plays this season, video was very underwhelming as far as what weve seen russ do.) But anyhow yeah.. this random top 10 wilson plays supposedly determines the worth of a guy since he was in 40 percent of em?

So out of the 1050 snaps wilson took this season.. these 10 mostly broken plays, less than 1 percent of our offensive snaps this year.. should determine who we should pay and keep to play in our scheme because clearly were switching over to a full time scheme that calls for the o line to get blown up every snap and wilson to just wing it and find kearse apparently.

I think you just saw the majority of kearses catches in these scenarios in that vid tho. Baldwin was and is still the main guy that gets open.. but lockett was constantly the bail out guy late in the season numerous times a game made some great sideline tightrope catches too.

All for resigning kearse cheap but dont overpay the guy he is literally a wr 4 on most other teams.

Lockett will be starting regardless next season. He is going to be a stud and really break out next year.

I thought the ALL CAPS would imply facetiousness

HawkFan72

Reaction score
mrt144":17jx3mfr said:
Kearse was on 4 of those at least.

PAY THE MAN

I was just going to say this. It is interesting that a lot of the time when Russell has to bail a play out, he looks for Kearse to finish it off.

kearly

Reaction score
redhawk253":1hr13rhy said:

Well to be fair, last year Kearse was 5th in the league in WR efficiency (DVOA), tied for 5th in catch rate, and his numbers after the switch to the spread were on pace to be better than Golden Tate's best season in Seattle. He's also had almost every huge postseason catch in team history.

In 2015 he was arguably the league's best #3 receiver. Right now is a good time to sign him before the word gets out about him becoming one of the league's better possession receivers. Another year of what he did in the second half of 2015 and it will be obvious to everyone.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":27sichcb said:
No other QB is going to have a top ten list that features both turning chicken shit into chicken salad on damn near every one of the top 10 plays of his year.

I also thought both 8 and 7 were so clearly Russ the baseball player type passes. At least 2 or three times a game his baseball past shows up in a pass.

Play #8 could have been a disaster if it had been thrown by a lot of other QBs (an incompletion would have made Detroit's win probably skyrocket). Russ having infielders' feet allowed him to feel comfortable in that moment. A lot of other QBs would have been too scared to make that throw across their body with such high stakes, even with a wide open target.

Anthony!

Reaction score
TwilightError":2eyhvu73 said:
Quite a lot of those went to Kearse. His stronghold seems to be getting open on broken plays, which means he might be more valuable for this team than his numbers suggest.

Now that the team has made an investment on QB, it has to invest in protecting him as well. This means less cap space for skill players and more for O-line. Wilson has to be able to lift whatever talent he is provided with.

you mean like he has been for 4 years LOL

Latest posts