S Robert Smith

DE DeAngelo Tyson

kidhawk

Reaction score
Beat me by like 10 seconds :lol:

As I said in my now deleted post "Let the Off Season Begin"

nanomoz

Reaction score
Interesting that Cottom is listed as a TE. Several names, including his, are really intriguing.

drcool

Reaction score
I want to see what Stanley Jean-Baptiste can do. He was intriguing coming out of college and had a lot of comparisons to Sherman. Looking forward to seeing him in camp

jkitsune

Reaction score
Glad to see both Poole and Nowak stick around. Hoping Poole can justify his draft slot.

kearly

Reaction score
Josh Shirley is undersized, but otherwise would be a nice fit for the Bruce Irvin role.

Douglas McNeil was a fun player in training camp, then he just kind of vanished when the preseason games started. He's a big time competitor. Might be worth keeping an eye on.

DHawk

Reaction score
Still glad to see Sims in there at QB. Can't wait to see him in preseason

ivotuk

Reaction score
In that regard, undrafted free agent linebacker Josh Shirley fits right into Reggie McKenzie's ‘type'.

This 6-3, 234-pound pass rusher was in three different programs during his five years in college. One of those transfers was by choice, the other was not.

A one-time Southern California high school elite defensive recruit chose to stay close to home and headed to UCLA. But before he could play a down for the Bruins, he was dismissed from the team for theft along with Paul Richardson who headed for Colorado and eventually became a round two selection of the Seattle Seahawks.

A player with Shirley's talent was still in demand and he headed to Washington to resume his college career. In his four years there, he was squeaky clean, even earning a spot on the Honorable Mention All-Academic Team his junior year.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2015 ... rn-to-form

Hawks46

Reaction score
nanomoz":20fxc4l4 said:
Interesting that Cottom is listed as a TE. Several names, including his, are really intriguing.

I thought the same thing. He's listed at 6'2" but 260. Originally he was listed as a FB/RB.

sutz

Reaction score
Drew Nowak!

Championship!

:laugh: :rofl:

Seriously, I hope he gets a chance and can develop some skills. Maybe long term he can be an asset.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
sutz":2u7x41vg said:
Drew Nowak!

Championship!

Seriously, I hope he gets a chance and can develop some skills. Maybe long term he can be an asset.
There's always a chance he improves, so it's nice he has the opportunity to improve. He was really forced into a bad situation.

Only one team in the NFL had an offensive line situation so bad that they would let Nowak start, and that was us.

His ceiling is probably "serviceable backup" though.

sutz

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":3lof6cun said:
sutz":3lof6cun said:
Drew Nowak!

Championship!

There's always a chance he improves, so it's nice he has the opportunity to improve. He was really forced into a bad situation.

Only one team in the NFL had an offensive line situation so bad that they would let Nowak start, and that was us.

His ceiling is probably "serviceable backup" though.
Maybe. But he is a known quantity. Obviously nothing guaranteed as far as I know. They're just filling the pre-season roster for now. The more the merrier.

Tylerhawk

Reaction score
Can someone tell me why Stanley Jean-Baptiste was let go he was a 2nd round pick in 2014. He looked like a sold CB made really big plays in college whats his down side or what does he need to work on.

Exittium

Reaction score
Tylerhawk":2cqtx515 said:
Can someone tell me why Stanley Jean-Baptiste was let go he was a 2nd round pick in 2014. He looked like a sold CB made really big plays in college whats his down side or what does he need to work on.

I dont really know. In college i saw just what you said. That Saints imo didn't do much to develop him or put him in a position to succeed. Just like they did with Browner. So I think Seattle will have a nice shot as getting him up. Especially under the wings of Sherman.

chris98251

Reaction score
You seen how they used Browner, their defense was abysmal, not always the player but the scheme to fit the players ability.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
nanomoz":7hlc7wj3 said:

Yeah, he's sort of a TE/FB hybrid. These versatile players the team covets help a lot when the injury bug hits hard with starters. Only possible down side is that some of those 'jack of all trades; master of none; players have worked their way into the starting lineup, which can start to affect the ceiling at that position when they are starting every game. Hopefully the team doesn't increasingly take the path of least resistance by pulling more and more of these types of worthy fill-ins into fulltime starter roles simply because that role is one of the things they do 'solidly,' and because of 'familiarity' with the player. Hard to think of Schneider ever losing his diligence, but I'm not so sure about PC. Pete's already too 'familiar' and comfortable with some of his coaches, IMO.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Very interested to see what Sims can do. Be interesting to see if they add anyone else late in the draft or UDFA. Think it could be the end of Tjax.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Other teams covet what we have back there but without our scheme and coaching they are not the same. That is why you see other teams jumping up to grab guys they think we might be interested in fitting our mold or sign our guys to over sized contracts. Then those players are just not the same as in our scheme.

Latest posts