Michael Bennett fires agent Drew Rosenhaus

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SBJLizMullen/status/700174774689882112[/tweet]

Didn't see this posted anywhere.

Not sure if this means he's going to holdout again or if he fired Rosenhaus because of the deal he got in the first place.

kearly

Reaction score
Hopefully it's just a case of Bennett thinking he can save a few bucks on a possible extension this offseason by negotiating it himself (as misguided as that might be), rather than being a sign of deep discontentment.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The hard part is, whatever he asks for he is probably worth.

But the Seahawks probably cannot come close to paying what he is worth.

Bennett is a guy that can get pressure from the outside, from the inside, and still stop the rush. He is the closest thing to being a unicorn on the DL that I can think of. And he can get pressure even against good lines. Consider how much he is held and you really get an idea how good he is.

We almost depend on Bennett being here if we want any shot at a SB.

We owe him big. Now the ? is can we pay anywhere close to what we owe?

Largent80

Reaction score
The guy's a dick, I would have never hired him in the first place. But speculation here will be off the charts.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
Michael "offsides 72 defense" Bennett cost the Seahawks the game against Green Bay.

Erebus

Reaction score
Spiderdan":20thxf6q said:
Michael "offsides 72 defense" Bennett cost the Seahawks the game against Green Bay.

I'm tired of hearing this narrative. His offsides are a byproduct of his aggressiveness, and it's something we have to live with if we want any pass rush from him. Take away his aggressiveness and you take away his effectiveness. You don't want him afraid to occasionally jump offsides.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Spiderdan":1yrg4ixf said:

Football is far too nuanced of a sport to say that any one player cost their team a game.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but doesn't Bennett still have two years left on his deal?

They would have to change course on their current policy to offer him a new deal. Marshawn got some money moved around a couple years ago, but the overall money stayed the same and it was argued that he was a special exception.

Only way I see Seattle justifying a restructure is if benefits them from a cap perspective to convert some money to a bonus and add years to his deal. In that case, there's really nothing to worry about with regard to affordability, because it would help their cap.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Michael Bennett will turn 31 in November. Any chance of a fat contract went out the window with his last deal.

YEAR AGE BASE SALARY SIGNING BONUS ROSTER BONUS WORKOUT BONUS CAP HIT DEAD CAP
2014 28 $2,000,000 $2,000,000 $4,000,000 $10,000,000
2015 29 $6,000,000 $2,000,000 $8,000,000 $12,000,000
2016 30 $4,000,000 $2,000,000 $1,000,000 $7,000,000 $4,000,000
2017 31 $6,000,000 $2,000,000 $1,500,000 $9,500,000 $2,000,000
2018 Free Agent Year 32
UFA

Marlin Man

Reaction score
He needs to live up to the contract he agreed too. Not much of a man if he doesn't. in fact IF he doesn't ship his butt out along with Cam

kobebryant

Reaction score
Marlin Man":1cmb1ivy said:
He needs to live up to the contract he agreed too. Not much of a man if he doesn't. in fact IF he doesn't ship his butt out along with Cam

lol. One of those instances where a comma would be of great benefit.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Marlin Man":26prnfc0 said:
Jump to conclusions much? How has he suggested he won't honor his contract? He's also one of the hardest-working Hawks out there. And that's the Panthers who have Cam. We have Kam.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Russell Wilson
Michael Bennett

I'm not sure there's anybody I'd put between them as far as must keep guys. Maybe earl and sherm, but it's debatable. Do what it takes to make him happy.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Erebus":13fki6st said:
Spiderdan":13fki6st said:

I'm tired of hearing this narrative. His offsides are a byproduct of his aggressiveness, and it's something we have to live with if we want any pass rush from him. Take away his aggressiveness and you take away his effectiveness. You don't want him afraid to occasionally jump offsides.
I love having Bennett here, but your excuse for him is misguided.

EVERYONE is supposed to be aggressive...without being offsides.

Also, your excuse comes with a flipside....he is disruptive because he "guesses" when the ball will be snapped.

It reminds me of the excuses people made for Ken Hamlin when he would go for a spear and whiff badly (he's a really hard hitter....except when it causes him to miss)

An offsides penalty is a fail. It means he failed to do his job correctly and it cost the team yards.

PS. It's hard to believe that this move isn't a precursor to Bennett trying to get more money. Also, it makes it seem like a small raise in good faith won't be enough. I do not like this development

chris98251

Reaction score
One thing this front office does is reward performance, I could see some incentives added that could boost his contract that are achievable and would in many ways keep his core contract intact.

12thbrah

Reaction score
As long as its not JJ Watt money, Bennett would be worth every penny he asks for. Without him our pass rush takes a huge hit. He also has established himself as one of the leaders in the locker room. The team can't afford to mess with that chemistry like last season.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Erebus":1e4fm4ny said:

Except, his offsides aren't the result of over aggressiveness/ jumping early. He earned his offsides literally by lining up in the neutral zone pre-snap, repeatedly. How hard is it to look at the ball, and figure out where you are supposed to line up? That is high school level skill. I can live with the occasional jumping offsides on a hard count or trying to get ahead of the snap, but there is simply no excuse for walking up to the line, getting down into your stance, and placing your hand well inside the neutral zone, repeatedly. No excuse.

-bsd

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Forget this. We already know, and heard throughout last year, that Bennett wants more money. Change of agent or no, that has not changed.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3j2ycgse said:
Forget this. We already know, and heard throughout last year, that Bennett wants more money. Change of agent or no, that has not changed.
Completely agree, and in order to avoid another key guy holding out methinks the Hawks will need to find a way to give him more.

Rob12

Reaction score
He's worth more than what he's being paid.

With that said, he signed the damn contract. He's got two years left. Ball out in 2016, and then we can talk. I respect the fact that he showed up to work when he was only making more money than I will earn in my lifetime (I know, apples and oranges). I wouldn't hate it if the Seahawks worked some more money into his deal somehow, but I really want this charade to stop. We all know you want more money, Mike. Let the process play out.