P Jon Ryan re-signs with Hawks 4yrs, $10 million

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Should never pay more than the minimum for a punter, IMO. I'd be fine with a different rookie doing it every year.

I mean,how many of you ever punt in madden?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
JSeahawks":15ld91uw said:
Should never pay more than the minimum for a punter, IMO. I'd be fine with a different rookie doing it every year.

After the Leo Araguz experiment, I will never underestimate a punter again.

soohawk

Reaction score
Best damn thing to come out of Saskatchewan since Tommy Douglas!!!

This is a great day for our special teams and seahawks fans in general :)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sigh of relief for me. Ryan is the 2nd best QB on the team.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
YES!

I love me some Jon Ryan. Most badass punter to ever play the game. Can run fast, tackle, throw touchdown passes, and makes hilarious comments. His punting leg ain't too bad either.

Laloosh

Reaction score
hawknation2016":1tgfdv4n said:
$2.5 million APY makes Ryan the 12th highest paid punter. Also the 12th most guaranteed money for a punter. That actually sounds kind of low for a new contract.

http://overthecap.com/position/punter/

Isn't his GF a Seattle based comedian? Not saying it had much to do with it but might make it easier to say yes to less.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2jyy47hz said:

We tried that with Ryan Plackemeier.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Laloosh":1eihv889 said:
hawknation2016":1eihv889 said:
$2.5 million APY makes Ryan the 12th highest paid punter. Also the 12th most guaranteed money for a punter. That actually sounds kind of low for a new contract.

http://overthecap.com/position/punter/

Isn't his GF a Seattle based comedian? Not saying it had much to do with it but might make it easier to say yes to less.

Not Seattle based... but yes, she is a pretty successful comedian. Sarah Colonna.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Quite sure Jon Ryan wanted to stay in Seattle, sounds like a fair deal. Structure is everything this offseason.

This deal and Kearse's are beginning to limit the ability of the team to easily re-up Okung for the money he appears to want.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I don't think we should underestimate the fact that Ryan is the holder for FGs and Extra Points too. He's always done a solid job at that and that is just one more area the Seahawks will not have to figure out a replacement for. With all the kicking woes in the NFL last season, I'm glad we will have Ryan out there as the holder again just for continuity.

Latest posts