Buy resale tickets or wait?

theascension

Reaction score
So for my father's 60th birthday we've decided to finally see a Seahawks regular season game live. He's been a fan since the team started and he would sometimes travel to the games from his home in Victoria, BC. We're going to go to the Cardinals game in Arizona on the 23rd (traveling from Canada). Should we buy from stubhub now or wait until actual tickets go on sale? Not sure if there's a big difference in price??

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Two things to consider...our shitty dollar compared to the usd at present time and pre-season mark up on tickets. I would personally wait as there are always tickets available but that is a marquee match up so tickets will be pricey anyway. Don't forget that all those scalper sites have their own fees and service charges they add on and it is not cheap.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
My recommendation to is go to cragislist.com for Phoenix, AZ and search in 'tickets' and select 'by owner' to find out what is available. Buying from 'owners' means you avoid the ridiculous fees charged by the 2nd market ticket scalpers.

And I would snag tickets now... lots of tickets listed right now.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I've found that Arizona is one of the cities where it's actually better to buy the tickets in advance rather than waiting for right before gameday, which is what I'd normally suggest you do pretty much anywhere else. The past 3 years, the prices for that game have either stayed the same all the way until kickoff, or rose in price as the game has drawn closer.

Right now, there are tickets available for as low as $108 a pop on Stubhub for that game. If both teams start off hot, or are still in the race for the NFC West come kickoff (highly likely, at this point in time), you're probably looking at cheapest ticket being anywhere from $150-200, probably in that $175 range.

Keep in mind that tons of Seahawks fans make the trip from Seattle to Glendale for that game, so tickets are always going to be in high demand for that one, even if the Cards stink (which although ideal, probably won't happen just yet, but who knows?)

In this case, I'd err on the side of caution and peace of mind, and buy the tickets now.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Agree with the Coug. I think a lot of Cali peeps go to that game too. Being it is not the end of the season game this year, it will make things a tiny bit different as well. Good luck.

tooshort

Reaction score
Season Ticket Holders wont have their tickets until late July, I would venture to guess that when the flood of listings ensue as they are distributed, this will be the cheapest possible point to buy.