Chris Clemons to retire

LolaRox

Reaction score
This is a bit of surprise... maybe he decided he just wasn't up to the grind.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/758835564862779392[/tweet]

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Bummer. I wanted to see him one last season terrorize QBs opposite Avril and Bennett.

Erebus

Reaction score
I appreciate his years with us, but after his last couple years in Jacksonville I'm really not sure he had much left. I don't think he was going to make the team. It still would've been nice to have him throughout camp to make the competitions better and push younger players like Cassius Marsh and David Perkins.

kearly

Reaction score
This is a weird way to retire a Seahawk, but all the same, I'm glad he did. Nothing but happy memories.

irocdave

Reaction score
I wish the best from Chris Clemons. He was a great player and a true locker room leader for a young team that won a Super Bowl.

He should be satisfied with his NFL career.

bighawk

Reaction score
I hope this is a sign that one of the young guys is ready to be that guy like Perkins, Overton, or Robinson can step up to fill that roll.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for your hard work and the memories, Clem. Enjoy your retirement.

King Dog

Reaction score
My guess is he saw the competition in camp and decided it was time, or the FO told him what's what.

Love me some Clemons though.

mikeak

Reaction score
King Dog":y3tm0kk9 said:
My guess is he saw the competition in camp and decided it was time, or the FO told him what's what.

+1 think he realized he would be cut or told and this sounds way better

Hawks46

Reaction score
King Dog":qi7zd545 said:

My first thought was that he saw all the young competition in camp and decided he wouldn't make the team. I'm not sure I agree with the FO comment though....they obviously brought him into camp for the attitude and toughness he brings, so I'd theorize the coaching staff would want him in camp to push guys and show them how to compete. Bring a bit of nasty and have it rub off.

Either way, it's not surprising. He was barely here through OTA's. Maybe he knew he had nothing left in the tank.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
King Dog":288mnvlu said:

Pretty likely and it's good he did it now and not later for both parties. Happy that he's going out on his own terms.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hard for him to see the competition in padded practices that haven't happened yet.

The two most likely scenarios given the timing:

1) an injury that hasn't healed, needs another surgery, or would have set him back too much.

2) a failed drug test that would have caused a suspension and he figured it just wasn't worth it.