Prosise and Webb will make their Seahawks debuts on Thursday

hawknation2016

Reaction score
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... s-cowboys/

Carroll says they will sprinkle in plays on offense for Prosise to see what he can do. Webb will begin at RT but could also see time at LT as well.

Jordan Hill, Kam Chancellor, and Will Tukuafu will make their preseason debuts. Germain Ifedi bounced back quickly from an oblique injury and should also play.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Really excited to see Prosise. Really not excited to see Webb

OP
OP
H

hawknation2016

Reaction score
I like the idea of using Webb as an extra blocker on the outside. He is a big man. If he gets comfortable playing on both sides, that could add another wrinkle to the run game.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At this stage if Webb makes the team I'll be somewhat surprised.

I'm curious about Prosise, but he sure is behind.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Yeah, Webb will need to show Cable that he can dominate, cuz roster cut-downs could be pretty brutal.
I'm anxious to see what Procise can muster up in the next two games.
Time to rock it boys :rumble:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Yep. Webb needs to show up, regardless of his 2 year contract with a little money involved, and Prosise....just looking forward to seeing what he can do.

DHawk

Reaction score
Excited to see Prosise and Webb. Can we spare the Injury to Hill and just put him on IR now?

Ruminator

Reaction score
Cable's comment that Webb is having some difficulty buying into the team speed/effort philosophy (however that was worded) makes me curious as to what exactly we'll see from him in his first preseason game with the 'Hawks. Hopefully something that says "Is that what you think? Watch this!"

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1bu3p64i said:
Yeah, Webb will need to show Cable that he can dominate, cuz roster cut-downs could be pretty brutal.
I'm anxious to see what Procise can muster up in the next two games.
Time to rock it boys :rumble:

Yep...it's time to "put up or shut up"! (You can tell that my patience is getting short on roster discussions)

Tical21

Reaction score
If Prosise plays like garbage, don't we have to keep Pope and fire whoever drafts our RB's?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tical21":2jnl7xed said:
If Prosise plays like garbage, don't we have to keep Pope and fire whoever drafts our RB's?
Doubt it on both counts. I just don't understand why so many think preseason actually means much more then a glorified practice that purposely shows as little as possible.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1plvg0y0 said:
Tical21":1plvg0y0 said:
Doubt it on both counts. I just don't understand why so many think preseason actually means much more then a glorified practice that purposely shows as little as possible.

Question, do you think Russell Wilson would've still been the Seahawks started over Flynn had he played terribly in the preseason back in 2012? I know Flynn had arm issues but I'd venture to guess the coaches would've went in another direction had Russell had poor showings in preseason.

Ozzy

Reaction score
There is zero chance Prosise doesn't make the roster and very little chance he plays "terrible" The guy is extremely talented and I can't wait to see what he can do. Not sure if he gets going in this game or not but I expect big things from him this year as long as he can get and stay healthy. Their reaction during the draft was almost Lockett like, they wanted him badly.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":3avjwi1t said:
There is zero chance Prosise doesn't make the roster and very little chance he plays "terrible" The guy is extremely talented and I can't wait to see what he can do. Not sure if he gets going in this game or not but I expect big things from him this year as long as he can get and stay healthy. Their reaction during the draft was almost Lockett like, they wanted him badly.

We both know that talent doesn't always transfer to the NFL level though. To say that he has a zero chance to make the roster is slightly inaccurate. It's like a 1% chance he doesn't make it. :twisted:

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Can't we at least see him play before we toss him in the rubbish bin?

I'm excited to see him play. He was a unique/productive player in college. Right now we don't have a real great 3rd down back option kind of guy. And I'm definitely intrigued to see if he can provide a mismatch option when motioning out wide against a linebacker.

Players can't really control injuries. Nor are they always predictive of future liability. Plenty of players we've drafted with 100% availability have been snakebit by injury. And vice versa.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1bxsl2ai said:
Can't we at least see him play before we toss him in the rubbish bin?

I'm excited to see him play. He was a unique/productive player in college. Right now we don't have a real great 3rd down back option kind of guy. And I'm definitely intrigued to see if he can provide a mismatch option when motioning out wide against a linebacker.

Players can't really control injuries. Nor are they always predictive of future liability. Plenty of players we've drafted with 100% availability have been snakebit by injury. And vice versa.

I don't think anyone (well mostly anyone as one can truly never tell) wants to throw Prosise away. Personally, my expectations are limited because as I've stated earlier you can never tell if rookies can make the transition. Nothing more, nothing less.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2v9m9ito said:
austinslater25":2v9m9ito said:

We both know that talent doesn't always transfer to the NFL level though. To say that he has a zero chance to make the roster is slightly inaccurate. It's like a 1% chance he doesn't make it. :twisted:

Maybe a 1.2% chance. Gotta have a lotto wiggle room there. :stirthepot: :twisted: