Kam 'surprised' by Elliott.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...lor-surprised-by-ezekiel-elliotts-physicality

I watched the start of the game and wondered how Kam was doing, then saw him get run over once by Elliott and worried a bit that maybe he's still not right. But now I'm thinking that his statement about Elliott may explain a bit why he and the rest of the team looks less than ready for the season to start.

"He lowered his shoulder the first time, and I commend him for that. But I was just out there having fun."

Maybe this is just him making an excuse for getting run over, but his history shows he doesn't get run over, so I'll take this at face value. Our defensive starters (or at least some of them) aren't taking the pre-season games as serious as regular season. I recall a running play where Bennett was trailing and he slowed way down right before Elliott cut back and gained a bunch more yards. Made me think right then that if it had been regular season he wold not have slowed down and would have been there to take out Elliott and not let him get all those extra yards.

I guess the point I'm getting to is that, come regular season, I think we see the defense tightening up and playing to the whistle much more than we are seeing right now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1lwtzryz said:
Wow, Ezekiel is a little Twat.

"Elliott, who was playing in his first NFL “game” after missing the first two with a hamstring injury, told the Dallas Morning News: "I don't know what that was. It was a little dirty. Whatever."

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... rylink=cpy
EE will fit right in with the Cowboys. Got a feeling they will have to hire some more "baby sitters" like they have for Dez To keep this guy out of trouble. Another million dollar talent, ten cent head.

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't know why people say Kam got "run over" because he certainly didn't. Two guys getting low, Zeke got lower and had a little leverage on him. And why in the world would Kam want to go full force seeing limited action?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
People really need to learn what they're talking about. Kam's broken down (the football term if you know what that is), stands up the running back, and then tries to strip him. Not unlike this play here.

kam.0.gif

Watch that one a second time and you'll see Kam stand up the running back, go for the strip, EE covers up the ball, and then everyone else gets there from behind.

On that fourth time that Kam hit him, he just needs to wrap up, but it was a really, really nice spin move by the kid though.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If any of you really think our starters are playing 100% intensity in the preseason I have news for you...

66135263.jpg

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Elliot is going to have a hell of a career behind that line though. It's like he's still playing college football where he gets up a head of steam and 5 yards before touched. If he can stay healthy, it might even be one of those like Emmitt where no one knows how good they really were. Or like Alexander, for that matter.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
[tweet]http://twitter.com/NFL/status/768998528077008896[/tweet]

I'm sure he was surprised. Classic stand up and strip attempt by Kam though. You can see it on the replay in slow mo. Good play by the rook either way, but this "run over" and "trucked" stuff by some window lickers shows your education.

Largent80

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2o7qpfzi said:
[tweet]http://twitter.com/NFL/status/768998528077008896[/tweet]

I'm sure he was surprised. Classic stand up and strip attempt by Kam though. You can see it on the replay in slow mo. Good play by the rook either way, but this "run over" and "trucked" stuff by some window lickers shows your education.

The first comment "Kam Chancellors daddy"..... :lol:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2swpmorc said:
Elliot is going to have a hell of a career behind that line though. It's like he's still playing college football where he gets up a head of steam and 5 yards before touched. If he can stay healthy, it might even be one of those like Emmitt where no one knows how good they really were. Or like Alexander, for that matter.
I think he is going to have a short career. The combo of Jerruh running him into the ground where he will age rapidly in "running back years" and his off the field "decision making" are not a good combo.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Rumors of Kam's destruction by Elliott have been greatly exaggerated. He found a guy who wasn't intimidated to start the game and who could keep his head after a good hit. Big deal. We won.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3vpygov2 said:
Rumors of Kam's destruction by Elliott have been greatly exaggerated. He found a guy who wasn't intimidated to start the game and who could keep his head after a good hit. Big deal. We won.

This.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
OkieHawk":31hxwuer said:
MontanaHawk05":31hxwuer said:

This.
+2

Kam's hit at the 50 was impressive enough but then the one at the 20 even more so. Watch it in slomo, Zeke does have the initial body-low leverage but (incredibly) ends up getting stood up by the impact, almost stripped, and then he falls left of Kam, then takes a solid hit right to the ribs from Sherm as he goes down.

It's little wonder that Zeke got only 8 carries. On that play at the 50 he did (barely) escape Clark for a TFL in the backfield and then lucked into a cutback lane behind a pulling guard in reaction, but like on several carries he took real punishment in the end.

Haven't had a chance to re-watch, did Zeke have anything to do with the play that left Romo scrambling, then trying to go down to avoid KJ, then getting scrunched by Avril, apparently breaking a bone in his back? He may have blown that block.

Romo getting hurt is big but Zeke likely woke up on Friday also feeling like he'd been hit by a freight train.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Meh, I think they rook had a good showing and it's a general exaggerated response to a player that Dallas took as the 4th overall pick, which was questionable by many, including myself. Dallas was 9th overall in rushing last year with no QB (everyone knew they were running) and what...a 33 year old player who couldn't average 3 yards per carry with the Raiders at the end of his time there. Their OL is insane and a lot of people wanted the investment in something other than a running back. It gives them a strength on top of a strength though. I still think that Kenneth Dixon was the best overall back in that draft, but Zeke was my #2, followed by Prosise. They get higher grades for overall ability that includes the pass game, at least IMO.

Largent80

Reaction score
It's pre season shall we do a Dennis Green and crown him already?

I think not. I also think Dallas would be idiots to start Romo over Prescott.

chris98251

Reaction score
We don't play them in the regular season this year, to bad the wake up call would be like being rolled out of bed into a bath of ice water.

kearly

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3h4tidh1 said:
Meh, I think they rook had a good showing and it's a general exaggerated response to a player that Dallas took as the 4th overall pick, which was questionable by many, including myself. Dallas was 9th overall in rushing last year with no QB (everyone knew they were running) and what...a 33 year old player who couldn't average 3 yards per carry with the Raiders at the end of his time there. Their OL is insane and a lot of people wanted the investment in something other than a running back. It gives them a strength on top of a strength though. I still think that Kenneth Dixon was the best overall back in that draft, but Zeke was my #2, followed by Prosise. They get higher grades for overall ability that includes the pass game, at least IMO.

I love Dixon, he was my #2 RB last year. That said, his speed is on the low side of average. Elliot could do everything Dixon could do and do it faster with more power. Dixon should have been a 2nd or 3rd rounder. But Elliot deserved to be top 5.

Elliot is athletically just a touch behind Todd Gurley, but his instincts and feel for the game are so much better. And don't forget that this draft was sorely lacking for athletes and top talent, so an athlete with top talent like Elliot is a worthy top 5 pick in such a draft*. The 2015 draft was much stronger, and it still had Todd Gurley going pretty early despite him having a terrible leg injury in college.

*Elliot had the third highest draft grade on NFL.com for the 2016 draft. His draft grade of 7.0 was significantly higher than Todd Gurley's 6.3 in 2015. Nobody is bashing the Rams for taking Gurley.

I predicted that McFadden would have a nice year for Dallas last year and enjoyed that success in fantasy football. But McFadden has some miles on those tires and has a long injury history. He turned 29 years old today. McFadden also has a long history of year to year inconsistency. It's true that Dallas could have gotten Dixon in round 3 and been sitting pretty. But they had no real way of knowing where Dixon would go, plus we would have to assume they hold Dixon in as high a regard as we do. What Dallas did know is that Elliot was sitting there at #4, and the other available options were relatively underwhelming. If Elliot can simply continue to be who he was in college, he will be a "powerball" type of pick that transforms his team, the way that Peterson did for Minnesota or Lynch did after being traded to Seattle.

I liked the pick at the time and I like it a lot more now than I did then. Sometimes you have a player with all the talent in the world who coasts by and wastes it like Trent Richardson did, and then you have guys who eat/sleep/breathe the game and play every down like it's their last. Elliot looked like the latter to me in college, and continued to look that way on Thursday.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
kearly":2gwpealp said:
vin.couve12":2gwpealp said:

I love Dixon, he was my #2 RB last year. That said, his speed is on the low side of average. Elliot could do everything Dixon could do and do it faster with more power. Dixon should have been a 2nd or 3rd rounder. But Elliot deserved to be top 5.

Elliot is athletically just a touch behind Todd Gurley, but his instincts and feel for the game are so much better. And don't forget that this draft was sorely lacking for athletes and top talent, so an athlete with top talent like Elliot is a worthy top 5 pick in such a draft*. The 2015 draft was much stronger, and it still had Todd Gurley going pretty early despite him having a terrible leg injury in college.

*Elliot had the third highest draft grade on NFL.com for the 2016 draft. His draft grade of 7.0 was significantly higher than Todd Gurley's 6.3 in 2015. Nobody is bashing the Rams for taking Gurley.

I predicted that McFadden would have a nice year for Dallas last year and enjoyed that success in fantasy football. But McFadden has some miles on those tires and has a long injury history. He turned 29 years old today. McFadden also has a long history of year to year inconsistency. It's true that Dallas could have gotten Dixon in round 3 and been sitting pretty. But they had no real way of knowing where Dixon would go, plus we would have to assume they hold Dixon in as high a regard as we do. What Dallas did know is that Elliot was sitting there at #4, and the other available options were relatively underwhelming. If Elliot can simply continue to be who he was in college, he will be a "powerball" type of pick that transforms his team, the way that Peterson did for Minnesota or Lynch did after being traded to Seattle.

I liked the pick at the time and I like it a lot more now than I did then. Sometimes you have a player with all the talent in the world who coasts by and wastes it like Trent Richardson did, and then you have guys who eat/sleep/breathe the game and play every down like it's their last. Elliot looked like the latter to me in college, and continued to look that way on Thursday.

Wow more high praise for Elliott.

I remember a guy who essentially pulled a "Shaun Alexander" in college by calling out his coaching staff, blaming the highly respected coaching staff for a loss.....adding " I deserve more than 11 carries!!!!!" NO WAY IM COMING BACK!!

He also is in trouble with Jerry Jones for a pot incident and decided in his very first game he should taunt and yap.

Maybe none of that will ever effect him or the team. But at the very least, it sounds like there is a possibility he may be headache off the field.

Time will tell.