Ok. Rams LA Home Opener, Pissed over 9ers game... Battle?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
This is gonna be a BIG DEAL game down there in plastic town... Think of how motivated that team is gonna be...

1. First LA Rams home game since 1994. They'd kinda like to make a "splash", of course...
2. They were totally embarrassed in their opener, so naturally they will be "extra" motivated by whatever THAT crap was against the hapless 9ers...
3. Winning a game against the crown jewel of the NFC for the last few seasons (and arguably, the entire NFL) would be the "Perfect" opener for the Rams return.
4. That Rams D-line against scrappy and the crew trying their best to keep Russell alive... Not very confident here...

Are we in for a pretty tough/dangerous game here?

No injuries.... NO INJURIES!!! :pray:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawks need to comeout and be aggressive on both sides of the ball. Punch em in the mouth early and often, and after last week get the Rams doubting themselves. The longer the Rams think they are in the game the worse the Hawks chances of winning get.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Aaron Donald's little temper tantrum on Monday is going to have him under the ref's microscope this weekend.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1nurjfnm said:
Hawks need to comeout and be aggressive on both sides of the ball. Punch em in the mouth early and often, and after last week get the Rams doubting themselves. The longer the Rams think they are in the game the worse the Hawks chances of winning get.

Yes! A fast and strong start! Unfortunately, when have we seen that, early season, in Pete's tenure? I hope it starts this weekend, shaking off our weak-ass starts early for a change. They've had a few years now. Figure that shit out! Git 'er done!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
In the Fearless thread I stated why even though I predicted a win, I feel like it will likely be a loss. Covering my bases I guess, lol. I just don't have a good feeling about this game. Those 12's who scoff may have a short memory forgetting the Rams swept us last year, the only NFC West team to do so in the Russell Wilson era.

sutz

Reaction score
It's always a tough game against the Lambs. Fisher is always unpredictable. Well, actually he will predictably do something unexpected.

I know we can win. I sure hope we will win. I do expect another tough, low scoring game.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Aros":35ql2637 said:
In the Fearless thread I stated why even though I predicted a win, I feel like it will likely be a loss. Covering my bases I guess, lol. I just don't have a good feeling about this game. Those 12's who scoff may have a short memory forgetting the Rams swept us last year, the only NFC West team to do so in the Russell Wilson era.

Completely different rams team...

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The Rams pretty much own us.

They have beaten us home and away with some pretty barely there QBs.

I don't think it matters, they are just Paper to our Rock, for whatever reason.

I am really hoping that moving to LA their players are more interested in the sights & sounds of LA than getting ready for the game.

Because this is no win for us, if we beat them? Well the 49ers shellacked them on national TV so that should have been expected. They beat us? OMG, this is the same team the hapless 49ers shelled what is wrong with us?

I am just hoping we get our of there with a win, at least not a 10am EST game. Hopefully put a W in the column and move on, because this one does indeed seem like a trap.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
I live in the plastic town, and it's going to be hot here on Sunday. Coliseum might be even hotter. Hopefully Hawks learn from their game vs San Diego a couple of years ago and prepare for the weather.

TwilightError

Reaction score
The fact that they had their butts handed to them by a weak Niners team just means that this loss will be more embarrassing for us. Even if they use a scarecrow as a quarterback, that front seven will make it look like our o-line is constructed from saloon doors and spar buoys.

The Rams are a bad team, but they seem to always be difficult for the Hawks.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks are Superman, and the Lambs are kryptonite. Totally harmless to everyone else, absolutely kills us. Damn that Achilles Heel!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Aros":19eluhe1 said:

Where's your confidence man!

We will be 2-0 after Sunday. I am confident.

But I understand where you're coming from Todd.

Older Seahawks fans are like dogs who have been beaten all their lives, but for the longest time believed that hand was coming down to caress us, only to be disappointed and hurt once again. Then, we finally get rescued by an owner that genuinely loves us, and pets us, but we still flinch when we see that hand coming down.

I've slowly practiced self-therapy by comparing our new owner (Paul Allen), to Ken Behring, our new Trainer (Pete Carroll) to Jim 'DirtBag' Mora, and our Groomer (John Schneider) to Tim Ruskell, and it puts my mind at ease. I curl up in front of the fire and sleep soundly.

The Great NorthWest (unlike Oklahoma), is an area that produces winners, and all we needed was the right people at the helm. :179417:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1jsmu5x1 said:
Sports Hernia":1jsmu5x1 said:

Yes! A fast and strong start! Unfortunately, when have we seen that, early season, in Pete's tenure? I hope it starts this weekend, shaking off our weak-ass starts early for a change. They've had a few years now. Figure that shit out! Git 'er done!

Start this off by saying I still love my Hawks. But I seem to remember some games that we started off great and fell off the rocking chair in the second half trying to keep the ball on the ground running the TOP out. I know TOP dont mean anything, but it does keep the other team offensively off the field, and if they are not on the field, most likely wont score. Maybe they get too complacent with a lead and that leads to losing. I dont know if that is the responsibility of the defense or the fact that we dont keep a foot on their neck all the way thru offensively. I dunno.

But....different year, different parts on some areas of the team. New learning curve....It will be fun to watch.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3b63h4t1 said:
The Seahawks are Superman, and the Lambs are kryptonite. Totally harmless to everyone else, absolutely kills us. Damn that Achilles Heel!

So You do like the action green Kryptonite uniforms. he he he :twisted: :stirthepot:

Largent80

Reaction score
Regardless of last year, and that "trick" game in St. Louis a few years back, we have owned the Rams for over a decade. I for one am not buying into them beating us.

The Hawks are a better team from top to bottom. Yeah their game Monday was a wake up call for them, but the Hawks are way better than the 9ers.

We're winning people, it's simple.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Rams will come out aggressive with a chip on their shoulder, but it won't be enough!!! Goff will be in by half and our D will eat him alive! NFC West is ours again!

Largent80

Reaction score
Who would have the bigger chip?.....They lost one game....badly.

They beat the Hawks both games last year with a dreadful team and I see the Hawks with the chip, and couple that with all the newcomers on Seattle's roster that have that "prove it" chip.

There will be oodles of Hawk fans in attendance and it's time to spoil L.A.'s homecoming party.