What does it take to get Bevell fired?

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I posted this in the radish gameday forum as well.

What if we get blanked next week, what then?

What if we don't score a touchdown next week, what then?

What if we start 2-4 again, what then?

What does it take for PC or someone, anyone in that organization to put pull the trigger and move on from Bevell?

--Long developing plays with the Rams blitzing - no adjustment

--No play actions on a hyper-aggressive defense

--Total mismanagement and misuse of Jimmy Graham

--Two runs with C-Mike that work and then you pull him to put in Collins for two more runs that are both negative?!? Seriously? Are you just rick rolling me?

--Zero screen passes on a blitzing defense

--Throwing fades to Kearse?!?

My brain hurts

mrt144

Reaction score
Bevell's scheme is what it is regardless of personnel problems it seems. He's didn't seem adaptive at all to what was obvious.

SlickRick

Reaction score
I feel ya falcon, getting tired of losing to the rams too, shouldnt be the norm with people saying they have our number. Why cant seattle be the ones the rams dread to play you know ?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Honestly?

Firing Carroll (unlikely unless we tank both this year and next)

or

Carroll retiring (No head coach would allow that piece of crap Bevell to continue) otherwise I don't see an option.

As long as Carroll is here we are stuck with Bevell and as long as Bevell is here we are stuck underachieving and doing nothing in the playoffs.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":36xgv937 said:
As long as Carroll is here we are stuck with Bevell and as long as Bevell is here we are stuck underachieving and doing nothing in the playoffs.

Apart from the seven playoff wins in the last four seasons?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I truly believe Bevell is holding back what could be a historically great team.

I'm also not as convinced we will win more than one superb owl with PC at the helm.

I do believe Russell will win another one but it may not be with PC.

Calm down I love PC, just not a fan of him taking the fall for other coaches. If he's all about competition why doesn't it apply to the coaches under him as well. Seems like a double standard to me.

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1bfa4fuc said:
Honestly?

Firing Carroll (unlikely unless we tank both this year and next)

or

Carroll retiring (No head coach would allow that piece of crap Bevell to continue) otherwise I don't see an option.

I think going down the toilet early for another few games would push the team to take action. The window is wide open. Everyone with two eyeballs can see that. To squander that away in a big way = changes. It has to if this team is serious about winning.

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I have a lot of respect for Denver. Even though they went to the SB they fired their head coach. Elway recognized the Broncos would not get over the hump with the leadership they had at the time.

Seattle is looking at a very similar path. They went to the SB...they lost. Bad coaching was the problem and it cost them a lombardi. Heads should have rolled then...heads should roll now.

Denver is the defending champs and Seattle didn't even make it to the NFCCG last year. What does this tell you?

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
4th ranked offense in the league last year and you want the guy fired?
Players play, coaches coach.
Players aren't getting it done on offense right now
Settle down. It's week 2

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
I blame Bevel. But I'm also sick of Wison waiting until there are only 3 minutes left in the game to be great.

It's as if he's trying to recapture the magic of the Green Bay playoff game. Enough already! Be great for 4 quarters!

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Hawkfan509":mmxmia70 said:
Settle down. It's week 2

I, and a growing number of hawk fans, are of the mind that this team is succeeding DESPITE the OC...that he is a boat anchor holding the team back.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Exactly.

Someone pointed out that we need to include the 7 playoff wins that Carroll got this team WITH Bevell over the past 4 years. But they forget that the bulk of those wins were also when we had Marshawn Lynch.

Last year, the first year without Marshawn Lynch, Wilson did the best he ever has in a year offensively. But we basically fell into a wildcard. whoopee. And Bevell being incompetent almost ended that dream but for a ridiculous miss on a chip shot FG.

Over the years, this team has lost pieces. That means the defense has gotten slowly weaker, and that defense allowed us to compensate for the OC shortcomings or hide that weakness.

Now, with the great QB being our primary strength, we don't have a competent enough OC to utilize it. Even before Wilson got injured.

This team win with defense and running the ball. That team made it to the SB twice, won it once and almost won it again.

The team we have now, wants to throw the ball with Wilson to a variety of targets (Baldwin, PRich, Graham (JK), Willson and Kearse). It also wants to run the ball with Rawls & Michael. That team barely won 1 playoff game and is struggling to win against teams that will likely end up below .500.

We cannot take advantage of our offensive strengths because our OC mitigates those strengths, or outright cancels them.

Worse, better coaches will outscheme him because his is not smart enough to adjust to them mid-game. That means losing games in the playoffs where you are evenly matched but rely on strategy/tactics to get your advantage.

The only wild card is the weird "Wilson Magic" plays. But those happen 1x per game maybe, not enough to count on. While you can count on our OC blowing several opportunities per game (like the 6+ possessions we got near the goal line today on one drive, because of penalties, where we STILL didn't score a lousy TD.)

Each year we lose guys to FA or attrition, and each year we get weaker because of it. So expecting us to succeed with Bevell in the future because we did in the past a few times is ridiculous when you consider the defense really carried the team past the deficiencies in our idiot OC.

It will get worse each year until we fix this.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1fo92fsl said:
I have a lot of respect for Denver. Even though they went to the SB they fired their head coach. Elway recognized the Broncos would not get over the hump with the leadership they had at the time.

Seattle is looking at a very similar path. They went to the SB...they lost. Bad coaching was the problem and it cost them a lombardi. Heads should have rolled then...heads should roll now.

Denver is the defending champs and Seattle didn't even make it to the NFCCG last year. What does this tell you?

I am a fan of BOTH teams, and I agree with your post completely. But, don't lose sight of the fact that the common thread with both Lombardy trophies was home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. Denver would not have beaten New England on the road last year. And Seattle got demolished on the road playing against Carolina. These two cities, Denver and Seattle, cannot make it to the Super Bowl without home-field advantage. And you can't win home-field advantage by squandering winnable games during the regular season. It's as simple as that.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Bevell is the worst redzone OC in the nfl. 1st and goal at the 4 yard line and he proceeds to call 3 straight pass plays. All incompletions. Touchdown instead of settling for fg that drive, the Seahawks win. The Seahawks were in fg range on the last drive. Pathetic redzone play calling again so far this season.

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1mj7xv8p said:
Hawkfan509":1mj7xv8p said:
Settle down. It's week 2

I, and a growing number of hawk fans, are of the mind that this team is succeeding DESPITE the OC...that he is a boat anchor holding the team back.

You do know what a boat anchor does right?
It keeps the boat where you want it to be. Which in this case is consistently winning playoff games and competing for Super Bowls.
Suck it up buttercup. It's week 2. Long way to go

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Hawkfan509":2wdrlnuu said:
falcongoggles":2wdrlnuu said:
Hawkfan509":2wdrlnuu said:
Settle down. It's week 2

You do know what a boat anchor does right?
It keeps the boat where you want it to be. Which in this case is consistently winning playoff games and competing for Super Bowls.
Suck it up buttercup. It's week 2. Long way to go

Yes and in the NFL you are moving forward or you are being moved past. This coordinator is a boat anchor. Thank you for calling me buttercup it reminded me of the film Princess Bride...a classic.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":26diply8 said:
TwistedHusky":26diply8 said:

Apart from the seven playoff wins in the last four seasons?

Just once...JUST ONCE...I'd like to see you address the possibility that Wilson's improvisation and late no-huddle comeback drives, and not the coaching, is responsible for our consistent winning.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I honestly think it would take a disaster of a season where the offense can't score more than 10 points on average for most of the year. He was retained after the "2nd and wrong" in XLIX, so he has a lot of rope, how much we will probably never know until/if it ever happens.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We also had Lynch and a better defense for a lot of those wins.

How did we do in the playoffs without those pieces and with Bevell? Say last year?