Poor, poor Falcons....

BlueThunder

Reaction score
They have to go, ON THE ROAD, against the #1 and #2 teams (according to the latest ESPN Power polls), starting this Sunday. First the Broncos, then a rested and healed Seahawks team. The two top defenses IMO. I think this will be a pretty good litmus test for the Falcons, hmmm?
Pretty sure the Broncos will tenderize 'em a bit for us.... :twisted: :mrgreen:

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
mikeak":2tj959sh said:
They are staying on the West coast after the Denver game and actually requested it to be back to back

Should help them

Guess what coach learned from Seattle playing Washington then Atlanta in the playoffs ....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... road-trip/

Should help them my ass. I'm predicting his joy will subside with back-to-back losses.... At least that's where I'd put my money...

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
If the Falcons lose to the Broncos, there is a good chance they lose to us, either way they will be beat up by that defense, and then they will come here and play against another physical defense. Falcons will have to try and run the ball and not throw all over the place. I'm thinking our guys will be ready for the pass attack. This team has two weeks to prepare for them. Their defense we can score on, it's whether their offense can score on us that's the question.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Atls defense is atrocious. Denver prior week or not. Our offense is gonna explode. Even if that Atl offense has some success vs our D. We should win.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I am looking forward to watching them against the Broncos. That is going to be a great test of where they are really at. If they can keep it close I will be impressed.

Rat

Reaction score
How much would we need to give Aquib Talib to dive low at Julio Jones? He seems like the venal type.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Rat":1b1kiitg said:
How much would we need to give Aquib Talib to dive low at Julio Jones? He seems like the venal type.

A Sherman vs Julio matchup would be awesome to watch imo. I'd rather see them at full strength. We don't want them to have any excuses after a loss

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":5ni2ommw said:
Rat":5ni2ommw said:

A Sherman vs Julio matchup would be awesome to watch imo. I'd rather see them at full strength. We don't want them to have any excuses after a loss

Excellent matchup. Julio will get some yards but Sherman will contain him. I'm hoping Ryan "goes to the well" one too many times also!

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2ma8okgy said:
We will score 30+ on that D.

They might get to 20 against us on a good day.

That's what I'm thinking. Our rested offense is going to air it out against them and I think Wilson could break 400 yards.

If the Hawks put up 27 with banged up guys just think in 2 weeks how healthy and vicious we're going to be!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I would argue that the Falcons prepared us for the SuperBowl.

Now we do 'owe' them for stealing our DC, but if not them someone else would have.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":cm3ttrcb said:
I would argue that the Falcons prepared us for the SuperBowl.

Now we do 'owe' them for stealing our DC, but if not them someone else would have.

Couldn't agree with you more. Yeah, they kinda "Lucked" the win, but yeah... I'm not sure if I could go back in time and change that Atlanta game to a win, if I would do it. Because I think that loss did exactly what you said... Handed us SB48!

Seymour

Reaction score
mikeak":3elm235r said:
They are staying on the West coast after the Denver game and actually requested it to be back to back

Should help them

Guess what coach learned from Seattle playing Washington then Atlanta in the playoffs ....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... road-trip/

Sure, pull up a couch and stay a while. We will even give you a private tour guide, and his name is Ezekiel Elliott. :twisted:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Hmmm.. we've seen an offense like that before..wait, we've seen a defense like that before as well.