Seahawks Are A 6-Point Favorite vs Altanta

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
6 point favorite. Seems about right. Very rarely do you see the Hawks lay less than a TD at home.

FWIW, Atlanta closed as a 3.5. point underdog at Denver. A lot of that line had to do with Paxton Lynch starting though.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm of two minds, here. The first says that the Seahawks are typically more successful against finesse teams that don't have a lot of dominant players at the line of scrimmage.

The second says that the Seahawks can certainly be dinked and dunked to death (SEE: New England, San Diego). However, that usually fares better when the team in question has tight ends that can work both the seam and the sidelines. Also, you've got to have receiving options that aren't afraid to take some painful hits. If your receivers are the business decision/alligator arms sort, like, say, Demaryius Thomas, it's less effective.

I think this is close to an even money bet, with maybe the typical 2.5-3 point home advantage.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I would think this spread is high as I could really see this game go either way in terms of a winner. In terms of the actual socre though, I would expect that whoever wins probably does so by more than a touchdown.

andyh64000

Reaction score
I think the spread is a little low. Atlanta is not the type of team that gives us trouble. If they cover I think it will be the back door variety.

Mick063

Reaction score
The point spread is probably about right, but this feels like a Seattle blowout to me.

Frank Clark will inevitably be regarded similarly to, for example, a Dwight Freeney in his prime. Perhaps his launch into the national spotlight starts this weekend.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The Hawks are getting 3 points for being at home, so then it's a field goal on top of that.

I think the Hawks are definitely a field goal better than the Falcons.

My questions going into this game if I were a Hawks fan would be:

1) Are they gonna have Sherman shadow Jones?

2) Are the Hawks willing to break from their standard pass defense a bit in order to shut down RB routes (which is what the Falcons have really been winning on)?

3) Are the Falcons willing to adjust defensively a bit to combat all of the Hawks underneat pick plays?

Those questions aside, I think this game comes down to the Hawks shutting down the Falcons run game, and I think that's a really safe bet.