Richard takes blame for Sherman's blow up.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Nice to see one of our Coords step up and take responsibility for their mistakes.
Kudos to Coach Richard for manning up. :2thumbs:

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't care about the "blow up" at all? Our D is outstanding and has earned leniency. If that's how they want to handle a problem, which they rarely encounter, then so be it. They're entitled to it.

HawkGA

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1g3ryv4g said:
Am I the only one that doesn't care about the "blow up" at all? Our D is outstanding and has earned leniency. If that's how they want to handle a problem, which they rarely encounter, then so be it. They're entitled to it.

I don't care. I think it's weird that such a big deal is being made of it. I'm guessing they're just trying to turn him into OBJ.

pmedic920

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":77hp827x said:

Didn't bother me, I saw it as passion.

May well have been a defining moment

mistaowen

Reaction score
pmedic920":1dnzapva said:
CodeWarrior":1dnzapva said:

All it proved was how close our defense is. Literally watching the entire starting defense jumping and yelling around him was one of the coolest moments I've ever seen.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
mistaowen":14h3u2dt said:
All it proved was how close our defense is. Literally watching the entire starting defense jumping and yelling around him was one of the coolest moments I've ever seen.
Couldn't agree more. That was a helluva sight and one of the neatest things I've seen watching pro sports. We've all seen plenty of tirades/freakouts/blowups/whatever ya call 'ems, but watching the team band together like that, spontaneously, to bring Sherm back was something unique.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Sherman should know for sure his teammates have his back after that.

Osprey

Reaction score
mistaowen":7jbvot9r said:
pmedic920":7jbvot9r said:
CodeWarrior":7jbvot9r said:

So this!

I actually stopped the game and rewound to show my 10yr old Son an example of how even the best sometimes lose their cool, but a good teammate(s) will help to bring them back around.

Rob12

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":dec3ltit said:

You're not alone; I loved it. And I loved how they rallied around him.

Sherm is a perfectionist and demands that from himself and his teammates. What's not to like?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I loved the intensity, I especially loved the sense of urgency.

I didn't love that it took Sherman the rest of the quarter to get his head back into the game.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Bobblehead":14shv83t said:
I didn't love that it took Sherman the rest of the quarter to get his head back into the game.

That is what bothered me about this situation. IMO...he needed to make it clear to Coach Richard what he saw and after the game he and his teammates needed to sit down and learn how not to let it happen again.....ever.

Jville

Reaction score
Interesting video and presentation in the below link ..................

Simms' Hidden Truth: Seahawks Giving Sherman Near Impossible Job in Coverage >>> [urltargetblank]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2670895-simms-hidden-truth-seahawks-giving-sherman-near-impossible-job-in-coverage[/urltargetblank]

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There's been many times I would have loved to see Bevell man up and admit he was wrong.

mrt144

Reaction score
Aros":32vs2gym said:
There's been many times I would have loved to see Bevell man up and admit he was wrong.

Cold day in hell.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
"On that final play of Super Bowl 49, I got way too cute and called an inside slant to Lockette instead of handing the ball to Marshawn which would have sealed our destiny of back-to-back Super Bowl Champions. What the (bleep) was I thinking?!!?"

- Said Darrell Bevell NEVER

mrt144

Reaction score
Aros":2plggyyc said:
"On that final play of Super Bowl 49, I got way too cute and called an inside slant to Lockette instead of handing the ball to Marshawn which would have sealed our destiny of back-to-back Super Bowl Champions. What the (bleep) was I thinking?!!?"

And ultimately what is the harm in admitting that other than his ego being stepped on a bit? Salting future HC jobs that have never been offered?

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Aros":2ndb0v25 said:

Oh how I would've loved to have heard some accountability from Bevell-at any point and for anything.

Kudos to Richard for taking full responsibility-whether it was really his fault, only contributory, or not at all, this is just what a proper coach does in this situation. Pete has fallen on the saber many times as well.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I thought that near total and complete nervous break down Dan Quinn, the Falcon's head coach had, when he saw Julio not make the game ending catch, which in his mind would have set them up for a winning field goal, was way over the top in my opinion.

His body language worried me that he might loose it and go off on the referee. His face was bright red, he was jumping up and down, running down the field, stocking the referee, who couldn't have seen any interference from his point of view anyway, screaming at him.

I really was concerned that he was going to reach out and put his hands on the guy, his assistant coaches and players had to grab him and reel him back in off the field before he got himself in to some deep doo doo with the NFL. I don't know all the rules but It seems to me that there are fines and penalties when coaches act like that, I know under certain circumstances they can be ejected from the game and sent to the locker room to cool off.

How come more folks aren't talking about this meltdown. I thought that was much more inappropriate and threatening than Richard Sherman's incident, which was restricted to the Seahawks side lines, well off the filed of play.

We have all seen Richard Sherman melt down before, he shouts and screams, gets very animated at times, then almost s quickly as he started, he cools his jets, regroups having said his piece and made his points heard, then he is over it and back to business as usual.

Lets not loose site of the fact that Richard had a legitimate bitch with his team mates, they blew their coverages and it had cost Seattle two TD's in only a few minutes and they were well on their way to an arse whooping if they didn't get honest with themselves about what was going wrong and correct it pronto.

Time was of he essence, waiting until after the game, when the Seahawks walked back to the locker room with a Looser sticker flashing over the top of their heads on the way there was not the time to flip out. After everyone heard what Richard had to say, and they had the "I got your back" dance around him, you'll take note that the defense got their Chit back in place and started putting a whooping on the Falcon's and got their lead back and ultimately the win.

Had Richard not freaked out on the sidelines and spoke his mind to his team mates, does Seattle still come away with a win? I don't think so. What Richard did probably saved the day and saved all of his team mates from being embarrassed and humiliated for falling apart out there and not getting it fixed while there was still time.

Consider for a moment where Richard Sherman grew up, it wasn't Milton Free water, Oregon, LMAO, I assure you. He knows how to make sure people hear him and where he stands with things in his world around him. I certainly can remember every time I've seen Sherman upset on the Sidelines and occasionally on the field, and what it was about LMAO. Okay enough text for this post, I'm starting to write a book, wish I could learn the art of saying a lot with a little but it's never been my strong suite.

Go Seahawks!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Aros":3p7okjv9 said:
There was never any reason for him to say a thing. The trajectory is 6 inches to the right and it's a touchdown

Latest posts