Bobby Wagner "No Hatred" For Seahawks

nutluck

Reaction score
Wagner was due $16.6M from the Seahawks if they retained him for 2022. Wagner will cost the Rams $10M if he's there for 1 season. A 2nd season would also cost exactly $10M.
That is not remotely correct.

This year Bobby will make 2.5mil
2023 Bobby will make 12mil or if the rams cut him they will be out 7.5mil and save 4.5mil
2024 Bobby will make 12 mil or if the rams cut him then they will be out 3mil, with a 9mil savings
2025 Bobby will make 11.5mil or if the rams cut him they will be out 2mil with a savings of 9.5mil
2026 Bobby will make 12mil or if the rams cut him they will be out 1 mil, for a savings of 11mil

So really it is likely going to be a 2 year deal worth
2.5 mil first year
12 mil second year
3 mil cut in the 3rd year
or 17.5mil 2 year deal with the cost spread out over 3 years.

Obviously if Bobby plays at a all pro level in year 2 the Rams might opt to pick up his 3rd year and beyond but if his play drops off they can easily get out of it after only 2 years.

For those curious you can look up the details yourself

flv2

Reaction score
That is not remotely correct.

This year Bobby will make 2.5mil
2023 Bobby will make 12mil or if the rams cut him they will be out 7.5mil and save 4.5mil
2024 Bobby will make 12 mil or if the rams cut him then they will be out 3mil, with a 9mil savings
2025 Bobby will make 11.5mil or if the rams cut him they will be out 2mil with a savings of 9.5mil
2026 Bobby will make 12mil or if the rams cut him they will be out 1 mil, for a savings of 11mil

So really it is likely going to be a 2 year deal worth
2.5 mil first year
12 mil second year
3 mil cut in the 3rd year
or 17.5mil 2 year deal with the cost spread out over 3 years.

Obviously if Bobby plays at a all pro level in year 2 the Rams might opt to pick up his 3rd year and beyond but if his play drops off they can easily get out of it after only 2 years.

For those curious you can look up the details yourself
Please read the details in your own link. If you need help understanding the details then ask.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
It's unprofessional that Bobby found out via the media.

Pete and John have publicly acknowledged as much, and that they regret how it went down.

Ya, it's being made into a bigger thing that it is. For sure. I've seen people people act like Pete and John wanted to disrespect Bobby. Which clearly isn't the case.

But to insist that mistakes weren't made when even Pete and John admit mistakes were made . . . that's madness.
Can a FO completely control leaks from happening?

And if so, why do they happen league wide? All the time?

acer1240

Reaction score
John and Pete apologized publicly and said they messed it up, regardless of your opinion. They knew they could’ve treated him with more respect end of story.
They did apologize but didn't need to. Leaks happen in this business. Bobby can bitch and moan all he wants but it doesn't change the fact that his on field performance did not equal what he was due to be paid.

nutluck

Reaction score
Please read the details in your own link. If you need help understanding the details then ask.
Then you need to look at it again he is making 2.5 mil this year. 12 mil next, 12 mil the next, 11.5 mil the next and 12 mil the final year, but most of the guaranteed money is in the first 2 years of the contract.

So as I pointed out when you said he is making 10 mil a year including this year you was wrong. Also if you look at dead money that tells you how much the Rams would owe each year if they cut him that year. They could cut him any year after this year and save money against the cap.

if you are referring to yearly cash that is just when he gets the money not when it counts against the cap.

If you are talking about the line that mentions his average by year that is only tells you what the average is which has nothing to do with the contract and would only apply if he plays all 5 years which is highly unlikely.

flv2

Reaction score
Then you need to look at it again he is making 2.5 mil this year. 12 mil next, 12 mil the next, 11.5 mil the next and 12 mil the final year, but most of the guaranteed money is in the first 2 years of the contract.

So as I pointed out when you said he is making 10 mil a year including this year you was wrong. Also if you look at dead money that tells you how much the Rams would owe each year if they cut him that year. They could cut him any year after this year and save money against the cap.

if you are referring to yearly cash that is just when he gets the money not when it counts against the cap.

If you are talking about the line that mentions his average by year that is only tells you what the average is which has nothing to do with the contract and would only apply if he plays all 5 years which is highly unlikely.
Wagner will receive a $5M signing bonus in 2022, a fully guaranteed salary of $1.5M in 2022 and a fully guaranteed roster bonus of $3.5M in 2023. (The 2023 roster bonus is effectively 2022 money with payment delayed for cap purposes). If he is cut by the Rams before the 5th day of the 2023 NFL year it will cost the Rams a total of $10M.

On the 5th day of the 2023 NFL year a $2.5M roster bonus will become fully guaranteed, (although not paid until 2024 for cap purposes), so if the Rams cut him between that date and the Rams 1st game of the 2023 season it will cost them $10M for year 1 and $2.5M for year 2. If Wagner is on the roster for the Rams 1st game in 2023 his $7.5M salary will become fully guaranteed - so the true cost of the 2nd year is the $2.5M roster bonus and the $7.5M salary.

Wagner will earn $10M for his 1st season with the Rams. He is projected to earn $10M for his 2nd season with the Rams. This is basic 'read the contract details' stuff.

Additionally there are incentives in Wagner's contract worth up to $2M per year if he plays enough snaps, the Rams make the playoffs, and the defense is top 27.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
They did apologize but didn't need to. Leaks happen in this business. Bobby can bitch and moan all he wants but it doesn't change the fact that his on field performance did not equal what he was due to be paid.
Bobby's been doing a lot of low key chirping for someone who we all (and the organization) deservedly revere so much

Sometimes its better to say less....

PNW

Reaction score
I never said anything about how much he was making vs his performance. They apologized because they knew they were in the wrong and in fact they said if they had the chance to redo it they would’ve corrected their mistake. Good on them I’m glad they understand they were in the wrong and acknowledged as such publicly regardless of what your outsider opinion is.

nutluck

Reaction score
Wagner will receive a $5M signing bonus in 2022, a fully guaranteed salary of $1.5M in 2022 and a fully guaranteed roster bonus of $3.5M in 2023. (The 2023 roster bonus is effectively 2022 money with payment delayed for cap purposes). If he is cut by the Rams before the 5th day of the 2023 NFL year it will cost the Rams a total of $10M.

On the 5th day of the 2023 NFL year a $2.5M roster bonus will become fully guaranteed, (although not paid until 2024 for cap purposes), so if the Rams cut him between that date and the Rams 1st game of the 2023 season it will cost them $10M for year 1 and $2.5M for year 2. If Wagner is on the roster for the Rams 1st game in 2023 his $7.5M salary will become fully guaranteed - so the true cost of the 2nd year is the $2.5M roster bonus and the $7.5M salary.

Wagner will earn $10M for his 1st season with the Rams. He is projected to earn $10M for his 2nd season with the Rams. This is basic 'read the contract details' stuff.

Additionally there are incentives in Wagner's contract worth up to $2M per year if he plays enough snaps, the Rams make the playoffs, and the defense is top 27.

You need to look at the contract his hit on the cap is 2.5 mil this year. It is plain as day.
1.5mil salary, 1 mil bonus(which is the 5 mil signing bonus spread out 1 mil per year over the 5 years)
In 23
he gets his roster bonus of 3.5mil(which he is due for being on the team this year) and the rest of the 5 mil bonus which is 4 mil, which means if he was cut before the 5th on the league year in 23 he would cost the rams 7.5 mil. But they won't cut him unless he plays really bad in 22. So I think it is a given he is on the team for 22 and 23. Which means he will cost 12mil that year.
in 24
assuming he was on the team in 23, he would then have the 2.5 roster bonus and the rest of the 3 mil bonus or he would cost 5.5mil if he is cut. Which means IF he was cut in 24 the rams would have paid him 2.5mil in 22, 12mil in 23, and 5.5mil in 24 for 20 mil for 2 years with the cap hit spread out over 3 years. If he plays for 3 years and then is cut he would make 28.5mil spread out over 4 years.

Yes I missed the part about the roster bonus guaranteed for 24 if he is on the team in 23, which means he would get more if cut. But the rest of what I said is true.

acer1240

Reaction score
I never said anything about how much he was making vs his performance. They apologized because they knew they were in the wrong and in fact they said if they had the chance to redo it they would’ve corrected their mistake. Good on them I’m glad they understand they were in the wrong and acknowledged as such publicly regardless of what your outsider opinion is.
I honestly get where you are coming from. It's actually really neat that Pete and John admitted that It could have been handled differently. Leaks happen though. Even Bobby had to know that he was not coming back at that number. Hell, we all knew it. Being his own agent should have dictated that he be in constant contact with the front office.

Reactions: PNW
OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Getting the chance to play against the Seahawks at least twice a year being "the cherry on top" of his contract = "no hatred"? Sounds pretty vindictive to me.

Meh, I don't see that as hatred. Just your typical "they let me go, I'll show them" ego-driven motivations typical of any athlete.