DeShawn Shead and Alex Collins

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Both had a solid game last week. Shead is quietly having a Pro Bowl season, so far.

Collins showed great awareness against the Falcons, with protection, working with Russ and doing everything he was asked. I was quite impressed by both these men last week. Hope they can keep it up... and also hoping Spiller quits dropping passes. Lol.

RussB

Reaction score
Shead is great, im a big fan of his physicality , hes basically a safety playing corner. Other than giving up some long passes to kenny britt in the rams game hes been great this year.

PS. Can someone gif up or find a gif of him laying a monster hit on the 9ers reciever by the sideline?

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I remain unconvinced of Alex Collins' contribution. Even on his goal line dive he seemed slow and high at the point of attack

nanomoz

Reaction score
Ya, I was stoked with the Collins pick, but I've gotta admit, he looks slow. He got caught from behind so quickly last week on that screen.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Reading the pro evaluations of AC before the draft, he's basically everything they said.. basically the issues we are all faulting him on right now.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":8ovuw3nz said:
Bobblehead":8ovuw3nz said:
Reading the pro evaluations of AC before the draft, he's basically everything they said.. basically the issues we are all faulting him on right now.

He's a 4.6 40 guy... so was Jerome Bettis for most of his career...

The difference is, that Collins doesn't seem to get up that head of steam and start rumblin' like Bettis used to.

He needs to stop the Jig and learn the stomp huh?

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Shead is definitely the answer at RCB. He's physical, versatile and constantly improving.

I'm still not too sure about Collins. I'm not as sour on him as I was earlier in the year but I don't see anything special about him so far. He's slow and doesn't run with a lot of power either, not a fan yet.

seabowl

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":xd7fcdt8 said:
Bobblehead":xd7fcdt8 said:

The difference is, that Collins doesn't seem to get up that head of steam and start rumblin' like Bettis used to.

Yeah and a slight weight difference :sarcasm_on:

OP
OP
RockinHawks

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Collins may be slow, and will most-likely never live up to his college reputation; however, if he can block, and be an occasional safety-valve for Russ (like the catch he made last Sunday), I'm okay with him. Hopefully he can prove to carve out a niche.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3cbvb975 said:
The_Z_Man":3cbvb975 said:
Bobblehead":3cbvb975 said:

He needs to stop the Jig and learn the stomp huh?

Or this???
[youtube]9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]

ACFan

Reaction score
RockinHawks":3v69k9k7 said:
Both had a solid game last week. Shead is quietly having a Pro Bowl season, so far.

Collins showed great awareness against the Falcons, with protection, working with Russ and doing everything he was asked. I was quite impressed by both these men last week. Hope they can keep it up... and also hoping Spiller quits dropping passes. Lol.

agree.

This week would be a good time to give AC a little bigger role. 2 or 3 series, evaluate where he's at.

I don't know if it'll happen tonight, but if it does I think his perceived "slowness" won't be the negative factor some seem to fear. He will be steady and effective.

I still feel when he's fully adjusted to the NFL game and gets his chances, he'll prove to be excellent, maybe tonight.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ACFan":1c8i7fhh said:
RockinHawks":1c8i7fhh said:

agree.

This week would be a good time to give AC a little bigger role. 2 or 3 series, evaluate where he's at.

I don't know if it'll happen tonight, but if it does I think his perceived "slowness" won't be the negative factor some seem to fear. He will be steady and effective.

I still feel when he's fully adjusted to the NFL game and gets his chances, he'll prove to be excellent, maybe tonight.

Watching the td last week, his center of balance was better as he widened the space between his legs. He looked poised too. If he gets options tonight, I think he will do well.

nanomoz

Reaction score
RockinHawks":xobel8xv said:
Collins may be slow, and will most-likely never live up to his college reputation; however, if he can block, and be an occasional safety-valve for Russ (like the catch he made last Sunday), I'm okay with him. Hopefully he can prove to carve out a niche.

Oh, totally. Awareness is underrated.