OL observations and other thoughts

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo has been a big critic of Willson as well. But like I said, having 10 people watch the same player and generating 10 different opinions is part of the beauty of football.

RichNhansom":1jocjhdi said:
What I see when I see Wilson go up for a catch is weak hands. Any disruption at all and he loses the ball. He could compensate for some of this with body control but that unfortunately appears to also be an area of weakness.

I gave 9er fans a bad time for Baalke moving up ahead of us to take Vance McDonald (in the second round) from the same school telling them they got the wrong guy and McDonald has looked worse than Willson until last last year when Gabbert took over and now really looks like he is coming into his own.

In hind sight I now think that Baalke actually got it right and we were targeting McDonald as a Miller clone. His struggles since joining the 9ers have I believe, had more to do with a rookie learning curve compounded by a QB that only throws the ball 90 miles an hour. Now with a different QB with a semblance of touch, I believe McDonald will gain confidence and look like the guy many expected him to be 4 years ago.

The good news is Baalke sucks as resigning his own players and it would be no surprise if Vance decides to take of in FA. I would be interested in stealing him away at this point.

McDonald sure did look exciting in that first preseason game. I think you make a fair point about his QB and that McDonald might need a touch QB to compensate for his stone hands. I'm still skeptical of him, but the physical talent is there for sure.