Three running plays called in the first half, THREE

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
This is a huge problem, and one of the reasons why our defense spends so much time on the field. You can't keep calling such a one sided game with a hobbled QB. When we started giving Procise and Michael carries they were getting yards, and gashing the Saints defense in the second half. I really hope Pete and Bevell get their act together, you can't keep doing this and expect to win games.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
This is a head scratcher. Our RBs averaged 4.5 YPC with a long of 10. They simply did not get enough touches and it's hard to imagine a legitimate reason.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Yeah, it's ridiculous. Their negligence to even attempt to establish the run is uncalled for. I mean, the Saints have THE WORST run D in the league, and the coaching staff did nothing to expose that. Pete needs to be held accountable. It's his job. He's giving Bev way too much leash, especially with how restricted Russ is right now.

hawk45

Reaction score
Well I watched the run plays they did call in the first half and given the blocking execution i understand tearing all the rushing plays out of the play sheet that half.

Reaction score
One of the problems with this team is we used to be physical on both sides of the ball. Now our offense is not physical at all. Our oline is in shambles the one thing you can do to help them is run the ball. When you pass the defense has the chance to dictate on how physical they are. Passing so much with a weak offensive line has them back on their heels to much. Run the ball it isn't like we suck at it. Let our oline come off the ball and pop someone in the mouth. That's what I don't get we arent that bad at it. See that is a problem a big problem. Its costing us games right now.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
When we did try to run we got nothing because out o line sucks.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
If you would look at the play by play you might understand why they only had 3 rushes. I suppose they could have run on 2/3 & 24 or maybe they could've run it on the last drive of the half.....when they had no timeouts. Remember the rushing TD on that 4 play drive, to bad they didn't run all four times

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":e28rk174 said:
When we did try to run we got nothing because out o line sucks.
We did in the 2nd half we marched up the field started passing and got stopped and never went back to it. Christine and Prosise were started looking good to me. Frustrating day tho! We are better than that team it shouldnt have even been close crazy that we lost.

knownone

Reaction score
Are you guys watching the games? We had 3 running plays because our offense wasn't on the field. That was more of a fluke than anything else, defensive TD, 3 play TD drive, etc... Seriously, there are some legitimate gripes to be had about our performance, but this really isn't one of them.

OP
OP
S

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":a3r9zv5n said:
Kind of hard to run when your o-line can't block.
Both Procise and Michael had over 4 yards per carry. I'm not buying that argument my friend.

Reaction score
knownone":kbag9y1m said:
Are you guys watching the games? We had 3 running plays because our offense wasn't on the field. That was more of a fluke than anything else, defensive TD, 3 play TD drive, etc... Seriously, there are some legitimate gripes to be had about our performance, but this really isn't one of them.
R U Serious? You cant be if you don't think us establishing the run is part of the problem I dont know what to say. We started rolling the 2nd half with it a little. We have a tie and a lost to a crappy Saints team I think it is one of the main problems on our offense. Especially with a banged up qb and a crappy oline that cant pass block if they Momma's life depended on it.

hawk45

Reaction score
All three runs in the first half were stuffed and it wasn't close. They had no chance. The second half was a different story.

OP
OP
S

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
hawk45":22g9f46s said:
All three runs in the first half were stuffed and it wasn't close. They had no chance. The second half was a different story.
And? You just quit after three runs? That is not how establishing a running game works. Sometimes you just need to stick with it, and wear the defense down. This is how we got Marshawn Lynch going many times.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Our OL is so heavily penalized with holds a pass-heavy attack makes no sense. Opens them up to more flags. 1st and 20 is insurmountable for this offense.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Once again go look at the play by play, you will see why they didn't have more carries.

hawk45

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2z3q4jsq said:
hawk45":2z3q4jsq said:
And? You just quit after three runs? That is not how establishing a running game works. Sometimes you just need to stick with it, and wear the defense down. This is how we got Marshawn Lynch going many times.
Those three and outs when we tried to run sure wore the saints D down alright.

knownone

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":284kar5k said:
knownone":284kar5k said:
R U Serious? You cant be if you don't think us establishing the run is part of the problem I dont know what to say. We started rolling the 2nd half with it a little. We have a tie and a lost to a crappy Saints team I think it is one of the main problems on our offense. Especially with a banged up qb and a crappy oline that cant pass block if they Momma's life depended on it.
What I am saying is, Seattle didn't have a chance to establish the run, because of how flukey the game started.

Seattle had 5 drives in the first half, the 1st drive we ran the ball 3 times, one was called back for a penalty, the drive ended in a punt.

The second drive Seattle is forced to pass after Wilson is sacked for an 11-yard loss on 1st down, and two stupid penalties on the o-line lead to 2nd and 3rd and long. This leads to a 3 and out and subsequently a punt.

The 3rd drive is 4 plays and a TD run for Michael.

The 4th drive is intercepted on the first play of the drive.

The 5th drive is in hurry up mode because there is only 45 seconds on the clock.

So I ask, when did Seattle have the opportunity to establish the run in the first half?

getnasty

Reaction score
Look at the play by play of the first half in a box score a someone tell me where they would have called a run play instead of a pass.