If we had just sat Wilson we would have been fine

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The stupidity of continuing to play a damaged/injured QB has come home to roost

If we just sit Wilson after the Miami game, we lose to the Rams and maybe even beat the 49ers - but even if we lost to them Wilson never gets that 2nd injury.

I would have been fine bringing him back against the Jets, but even if we held him out - we probably would have been better off.

Because now, in order to avoid losing 2-3 games without Wilson, we are very likely to lose another 4-5 WITH him. We certainly are very likely to lose 2 of the next 3 if not 3. I don't see us having a shot against the Panthers or Packers either (since we cannot score and they do). Somehow we have to pin our hopes on righting the ship against a team that always seems to have our #, the Rams.

Then maybe with some wins against the Cards and 49ers we somehow squeak into a lead, assuming the Cards lose a lot along the way too.

But if we had sat Wilson, as I had been pleading, we would probably be sitting pretty to go on a run right now. Instead, the next 3 games are probably the ones where the bottom falls out.

Rob12

Reaction score
Yes, if things do not change quickly, this team might only win three or four more games. Schedule is rough from here on out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
So in essence, Fire Bevell, Bench Wilson, cut the Offensive line and fire Cable, bring back Lynch at all costs, and everything will be fine. Got it ! I think the board has everything covered

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
The issue I see with the sit Wilson theory is that we really have no way of knowing the real extent of the injuries or what the recovery time could be. I'm guessing the mcl would not be fixed after a game or two off.

2_0_6

Reaction score
chris98251":2k96akpf said:
So in essence, Fire Bevell, Bench Wilson, cut the Offensive line and fire Cable, bring back Lynch at all costs, and everything will be fine. Got it ! I think the board has everything covered

Well to be fair, the OP did say that the Defense was not ""Seattle like" right after pre-season.

:vodka:

Rob12

Reaction score
How are people overreacting? Please tell me.

We're averaging 18.8 points per game - last in the NFC. Our offense cannot sustain drives. Our defense is on the field constantly and is gassed. Kam and Bennett are out. Russell is risking his future by playing through some pretty serious injuries. We have no running game. Our offensive line has regressed from previous poor levels of play.

What is there to overreact about? Look around. Things are pretty bad right now. The sky is not falling but there are massive questions that need to be answered. And the schedule doesn't get any easier from here on out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob12

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":13h3git1 said:
The issue I see with the sit Wilson theory is that we really have no way of knowing the real extent of the injuries or what the recovery time could be. I'm guessing the mcl would not be fixed after a game or two off.

Isn't the eye test enough? He looks 30% out there.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":jvtxc96p said:
Just look at him run that's all you'll need to know

Atradees

Reaction score
Fire Pete Carroll. Seems too loyal to his people. Not only are we not in the race, we aren't building anything but inept football.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Both loses and the tie, the Hawks had the ball and a chance to WIN. Russ and his play were major in all of them. A fumble a missed chip shot and a toe tap from undefeated and yet some on here think all is lost....what a shame

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1w8xzm0f said:
Grahamhawker":1w8xzm0f said:
Just look at him run that's all you'll need to know

Obviously he's neither healthy nor consistently effective.

But what I'm saying is we have no way of knowing if 1 game off, 2 games off, or the rest of the season off would be required to show a significant improvement in Russell's health/mobility.

Bigger issue is what led to being confident in Boykin as the #2? Over-confidence in Russell as Superman? I don't see Boykin winning a game with the current offensive tools.

Rob12

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":coaysjpl said:
Both loses and the tie, the Hawks had the ball and a chance to WIN. Russ and his play were major in all of them. A fumble a missed chip shot and a toe tap from undefeated and yet some on here think all is lost....what a shame

Definitely don't think all is lost. But is it not acceptable to be highly concerned at the current state of the offense?

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I might be worried if not for the fact the Hawks have had that chance every time. They have proven to me over the last 5 years that no matter the score or game efficiency when the game is on the line they step up and perform. They have plenty of talent on offence, it will come together....or it won't, but they will never give up like some of the folks on this forum.

sutz

Reaction score
If Wilson was getting worse, I might agree. But to my untrained eye, he's starting to look better physically week by week.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
chris98251":1p6qqrix said:

:snack:

Wilson is actually improving, thank god.

knownone

Reaction score
chris98251":4b4hfh8v said:
Don't forget Kelly Jennings! wait... what year is this?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
So we sit him against the Jets, what if we lost that game and Russ still wasn't that healthy?