A Twist on a Familiar Topic

SirTed

Reaction score
Fire Bevell!

Ok, Hold on. Let's say we did, either this week (week X, 2016) or in the upcoming off season.

How long does it take from that moment for Russ to get to peak performance and comfort with the playbook (ignoring for a second his injuries).

I've more than once come to this board in the last few seasons in agreement that Bevell should get the axe, but I can't commit to the idea because I dread the idea of Russ and our offense starting over from scratch with a new offensive coordinator. If this new coordinator is a super genius, then maybe things move pretty fast, but I'm still imagining some serious growing pains.

What if I said that IF the Seahawks fired Bevell, it would be 2 years before the offense is noticeably improved. Would you commit to that at this point?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'd honestly give him a 4-year extension because of the highly successful working arrangement he has with Russ. This team does better with continuity.

A

Anonymous

In the spirit of a "new twist"...

How about we just demote him to Offensive Quality Control, keep him on the staff, but have somebody else call the plays and scribble on the white board in the meeting rooms?

:stirthepot:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":336cn5xj said:
In the spirit of a "new twist"...

How about we just demote him to Offensive Quality Control, keep him on the staff, but have somebody else call the plays and scribble on the white board in the meeting rooms?

:stirthepot:

How about we just let the glue factory have the damn horse?